Home Forums Music 2022 General Field Winners Reaction

2022 General Field Winners Reaction

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Cameron
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I think it’s gonna be LTDO/IGAKOY. Tony/Gaga will be the new Ray/Norah and Alison/Robert.

The LTDO/DL splitting theories made no sense to me during noms predictions and they don’t make sense during wins predictions.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think it’s gonna be LTDO/IGAKOY. Tony/Gaga will be the new Ray/Norah and Alison/Robert.

That’s an apt comparison. That’s why I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony and Gaga win ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

not gaga, one of the biggest hitmakers of our generation, winning roty with a cover song that didn’t even chart

lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

not gaga, one of the biggest hitmakers of our generation, winning roty with a cover song that didn’t even chart

lol

triconic behavior

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

not gaga, one of the biggest hitmakers of our generation, winning roty with a cover song that didn’t even chart lol

emulating her BPSP win ‘19, the seeds have already been planted

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I do wonder if they will go crazy over Tony/Gaga and give them both general field wins, or will they give them one and have us all assuming that the last one is assured but then something else wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

I still think Billie takes Record and Song, even though “Happier Than Ever” wasn’t exactly a smash hit it’s clearly well liked and her broad appeal has worked for her here before. I haven’t made up my mind about Album of the Year, but if I don’t overthink it it’s Tony and Gaga.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I think AOTY is Tony & Gaga’s and Silk Sonic wins the other two. But maybe Olivia or Billie can take SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I think AOTY is Tony & Gaga’s and Silk Sonic wins the other two. But maybe Olivia or Billie can take SOTY.

I think Gaga and Tony win Record too, but if they are too lose it will be to Silk Sonic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

They all got nominated/won for their own music though. So it’s completely different. And yes Roddy won for a song he was featured on, but it was still him. You can say Finneas is undeserving of a nomination, but the nomination itself is completely fair. Also being well-known shouldn’t count against you

Your argument that the other artists named got nominated/won for their own material goes out the window when you consider the fact that Finneas (not Billie) was named Producer of the Year two years ago. That is an award specifically for him, directly honoring him for his work.

No matter what way you spin it, an 8-time Grammy winner who has won 3/4 of the top categories (one twice) has no business being eligible for Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I do wonder if they will go crazy over Tony/Gaga and give them both general field wins, or will they give them one and have us all assuming that the last one is assured but then something else wins.

Or they give them the other four wins, including the ridiculous music video category, making us all think they’re going to sweep and then they switch last minute.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Billie lost SOTY to H.E.R and BPSP to Harry Styles this year. I’ve noted this before and will repeat, winning ROTY in the absence of the two leaves the question: Would she have won ROTY otherwise?

Unless someone provides concrete evidence to underpin the hypothesis, I’m betting my cash on Silk Sonic going 4/4 as Billie is the most certified threat against the duo.

Furthermore, Harry is NEITHER Bruno nor even ANDY, and one GF win certainly do NOT equate H.E.R to Bruno suddenly, yet they defeated Billie. Also, them boys are competing with a ubiquitous hit, Bruno’s first release in years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

A Beautiful Noise will cause the split in the General Field.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Your argument that the other artists named got nominated/won for their own material goes out the window when you consider the fact that Finneas (not Billie) was named Producer of the Year two years ago. That is an award specifically for him, directly honoring him for his work. No matter what way you spin it, an 8-time Grammy winner who has won 3/4 of the top categories (one twice) has no business being eligible for Best New Artist.

He won Producer of the Year for producing someone else’s music though, my point stands. Your alls distaste for Finneas is clouding your judgement. He has never been nominated as an artist, so he should be eligible for Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

He won Producer of the Year for producing someone else’s music though, my point stands. Your alls distaste for Finneas is clouding your judgement. He has never been nominated as an artist, so he should be eligible for Best New Artist.

To be fair, Darren has always defended the Finneas/Billie Eilish duo. But it’s odd that someone that has won 7 Grammys (?) is now nominated BNA. It really shouldn’t matter whether or not he won Grammys for his own music. Simple technicalities have disqualified artists from BNA, so for this one to slip is eyebrow-raising. But I feel that this could have been avoided with a panel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/finneas-billie-eilish-grammy-nominations-2022-1262249/amp/

The way he’s gonna pull a Billie if he somehow beats Olivia 💀

Is everything behind a subscription or paywall now? My goodness.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.