Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 696 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Why, are you keep bringing my Cole and St. Vincent prediction which i gave up on Cole since Tyler is more likely rap’s first choice. You wanna see 8 popstars in AOTY i guess. Olivia, Billie, Bieber, Taylor, Ariana and now Tony and Gaga. Do you saw how big rock and alternative voters are? Country voters? No, i guess you’ll be upset when noms come out.

Okay, go ahead and predict Tyler over Tony and Gaga. If you’re seriously expecting him to get more votes than the duo with 30 grammys then you’ll be upset on nom day. But whatever, your predictions, not mine.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I mean, you are the one who wants and predicts 8 pop acts in AOTY, not me. We’ll see.

Currently predicting 5 actually. But yeah, I do indeed think Billie Eilish (2x ROTY winner, SOTY winner and AOTY winner), Taylor Swift (3x AOTY winner), Tony + Gaga (30 combined grammys between them) and Olivia Rodrigo (by far the biggest artist of the year) are going to do well under a straight vote system. Shocking, I know.

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

Could Wap win roty?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

5 Pop AOTY nominees is possible but feels very safe. Voters will likely throw some curveballs.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Could Wap win roty?

Unless Cardi B releases an album with that song attached, I think WAP is ineligible.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Do you wanna add some Maroon 5 and Ed Sheeran too? I’m sure you think they will get more votes than any other genre artist because they are pop acts too. Also, what happened to Bieber and Grande? We were arguing when i said they are not going to happen.

Considering Ed is a former SOTY winner who was blocked by the panel on at least two separate confirmed occasions, I would in fact have zero problems predicting him for an AOTY nom.
    I would not predict Maroon 5 because they haven’t won anything in a decade, their album is a panned bomb and they were snubbed in a laughably weak pop duo lineup.
    I don’t think Billie, Taylor and Gaga/Tony are getting more votes than Tyler because they’re pop artists. I think they will because they all have more gf wins than Tyler has grammys.
    Not predicting Bieber anymore because a certain duo with thirty combined grammys has confirmed they’re dropping. Still predicting Grande and I see zero reason for why Tyler would be above her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

You know IGOR blocked by the then committee right?

The only confirmed committee blocks have been Divide in AOTY (confirmed by HitsDD) and Beautiful People/Thank U Next in SOTY (confirmed by the Deborah Dugan lawsuit). So no actually, I do not know if IGOR was blocked by the committee.

Also you always give the Tyler example, not mentioning Chris Stapleton, St. Vincent, Foo Fighters nor the R&B acts.

I am predicting Chris and have been since the panel was removed. I think St. Vincent’s album is completely forgotten and I’d be shocked if she happens. Foo Fighters could totally happen and I’ve said frequently that veterans are the biggest question mark of no panel. I’m also predicting H.E.R. and Silk Sonic (assuming they drop) from the R&B artists.

When was the last time Tony Bennett won a GF award?

He won AOTY the last time there was zero panels.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

That Tyler album already feels kinda faded to be honest. J. Cole is still my #1 for Rap Album.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve been through this already.  “WAP” is eligible.  Duh!

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

When was the last time Tony Bennett won a GF award?

When he won AOTY for a LIVE album in a lineup by popular vote. The panels were literally created to avoid wins like that again.
    Ever since he been sweeping traditional pop categories left and right. Also occasional Pop Duo/Collaborations noms and wins in a much competitive field by popular vote with no panels. Most recently he was nomd over the likes of Perfect by Ed Sheeran, which we all thought was a frontrunner.

You say there are Rock, Country blocs and etc but that only helps Tony’s case cause hes legend respected by artists of multiple genres and generations. Nothing is a lock for sure and theres always curveballs, but Tony&Gaga are def in serious contention.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  The following are NOT happening in Album of the Year:

Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga (BARF!)
    Billie Eilish (BARF!)(PUKE!)(YUCK!)
    Ariana Grande (BARF!)(PUKE!)(YUCK!)
    St. Vincent (BARF!)
    Taylor Swift (BARF!)(PUKE!)(YUCK!)

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 696 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.