Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 696 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Wasn’t I allegedly on your ignore list? Anyway, none of those albums sustained hype for weeks. That’s an overstatement. 2021 has produced multiple #1 Rap albums yet no one is talking about them. Hip-Hop fans tend to jump on buzz bandwagons then dip.

Yes you were til a few days ago, I figured enough time had passed and sometimes the pages glitched because of it.

I say they sustained hyped cuz they spent multiple weeks #1 on the BB200, and a lot of those spent endless weeks top 10. That Tyler album will likely be out in a couple of weeks.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Who did I drag? You’re the one getting defensive lol I guess a hit dog will holler.

Another Gucci wannabe, try harder

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Hype ≠ charts. Sometimes a lack of major releases can help an album sustain. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the buzz will too.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Hype ≠ charts. Sometimes a lack of major releases can help an album sustain. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the buzz will too.

I guess it’ll be subjective then, but PEMFBA and SFTSAFTM definitely felt like they had hype. Both had multiple hits in rotation, especially Pop, at least IMO.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Another Gucci wannabe, try harder

You’re like the 10,000th most interesting Swiftie on this site. I wasn’t even trying to drag anyone specifically, but since you stepped up as tribute, why not let it be you. That Joji AVI is tragic btw.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Pretty sure Taylor is not submitting Fearless because of the narrative initially that she is doing it for Grammys(which is absolutely stupid). She can easily submit it to subcategories. That doesn’t mean she will restart campaign for Evermore. Evermore was the campaign… while I still have hope it will get a few noms but after Rep being shut out despite being campaigned I really don’t think Evermore is getting in gf.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The Tyler album is overrated so I hope somebody like Kanye makes it in. He’s long overdue for an AOTY win.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Pretty sure Taylor is not submitting Fearless because of the narrative initially that she is doing it for Grammys(which is absolutely stupid). She can easily submit it to subcategories. That doesn’t mean she will restart campaign for Evermore. Evermore was the campaign… while I still have hope it will get a few noms but after Rep being shut out despite being campaigned I really don’t think Evermore is getting in gf.

Actually I’m more interested with Big Red Machine, will Taylor plays her part in promoting the album?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Kanye is never winning AOTY lol

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I think it would look bad if Taylor Swift really submitted the already-most-awarded country album ever and took votes from actual country musicians. Maybe that played a role.

Fearless wasn’t happening anywhere anyways so she might as well not try.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

The re-releases are strictly for the fans. Not the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Taylor could have submitted vault tracks without a negative narrative but the album as a whole, no.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Not submitting the re-recordings for the Grammys is a wise decision. It would be unnecessary to do so otherwise and the purpose is simply to own her work, and a treat for her fans.

Also, evermore can absolutely happen in AOTY. It’s clear that’s gonna be her main submission and she’ll campaign for it. Maybe not as much as folklore but I expect something on folklore’s anniversary and something in the next few months too. It’s a weak year.

And RED in November, fuck yeah.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

The re-releases are strictly for the fans. Not the Grammys.

Strictly for Taylor’s wallet*

Let’s not act like this is a “music, not the bling” situation – the only reason these “Taylor’s version” albums exist is because she wants to deny Scooter Braun licensing money for TV/movie syncs and keep it all to herself, and so that she can make more money off sales/streams of her older music.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Taylor could have submitted vault tracks without a negative narrative but the album as a whole, no.

Yeah, I kinda wanted her to submit the vault tracks. They’re cute and they’re like, new material.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 696 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.