Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 696 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Taylor having great sales is nothing new. She’s a bonafide album seller. Evermore just doesn’t have the momentum right now. Happier Than Ever will be fresher in voters’s minds. For whatever reason, we know the Grammys love them some Billie Eilish.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift will NOT have lots of hype during the voting period due to those shitty re-recordings. Totally delusional.

Taylor is currently fresh off her AOTY win, it has been made clear Evermore is her Grammys 2022 campaign material, therefore I expect some target promo starting from September to secure the nom.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I thought grammys aren’t about the charts

Pop voters atleast care plenty about charts and radio hits.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile + “Right on Time” = BARF! 🤢

Profile picture
    anthonyz12345
    Topics:

All five are very possible lol. In order of most likely to least likely, I think this is how it’ll go: Billie Eilish Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Ariana Grande Taylor Swift St.Vincent Tay and Annie can miss.

Hate to be the person but there’s no way that Ariana Grande is getting an AOTY nomination over Taylor Swift and St. Vincent.

The Grammys do not love Ari as much as they love both Taylor and St. Vincent. Ari has only had one album make it to AOTY and that’s thank u, next which is her most acclaimed album to date. There’s really no way Ari’s 2nd least critically acclaimed album has a better chance of getting in over a 3-time AOTY winner’s 2nd most acclaimed album. Personally, I love Ari and I’m not even a big fan of Taylor, but it’s crazy to put positions over evermore.

Even though St. Vincent is a smaller artist, she still carries a huge amount of support in the Alternative/Rock categories. Especially with her being one of the front runners in those categories, she’s more visible in her category when compared to Ari which is slowly fading into the background of the Pop category which keeps getting more packed as music keeps coming.

For anyone that is still predicting positions in AOTY, I am letting you know right now that it is not happening.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The snippet with Sha’Carri & Kanye brought me to tears. As someone who almost lost their mother, it just feels so beautiful and hurtful. Kanye has experienced and brought so much pain that makes him so nuanced. I am really thankful my mother is in remission, but there are others who have lost their mothers, and that really pains me.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

The snippet with Sha’Carri & Kanye brought me to tears. As someone who almost lost their mother, it just feels so beautiful and hurtful. Kanye has experienced and brought so much pain that makes him so nuanced. I am really thankful my mother is in remission, but there are others who have lost their mothers, and that really pains me.

As someone who lost his mother, i listened to Kanye’s work a lot during the greiving period. Hey Mama and and his 808’s and Heartbreak album.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  “Stoned at the Nail Salon” is NOT a bop.  That crap is worse than the shiterrific “Solar Power” (BARF!).  Lorde needs to hang it up!

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile + “Right on Time” = BARF! 🤢

Brandi’s signature resonating vibrato when sustaining a note was accentuated in the track. For me, that alone made up for the simplicity of the song itself.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Yeah the snippet was truly great. Thank you so much for sharing your truth and I am wishing you the best 🤍

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

The Grammys do not love Ari as much as they love St. Vincent

Based on what exactly?

Even though St. Vincent is a smaller artist, she still carries a huge amount of support in the Alternative/Rock categories. Especially with her being one of the front runners in those categories, she’s more visible in her category when compared to Ari which is slowly fading into the background of the Pop category which keeps getting more packed as music keeps coming.

Why exactly does GD keep pushing this whole ‘St Vincent is a Grammy darling!!!!!!’ thing. She’s really not. If there is a rock/alt artist you guys should push, it’s the 11x winners who will be winning rock album rock perf and rock song this year.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

Any thought of these album getting into aoty?

Wolf alice-blue weekend
    Kings of leon-when you see yourself
    Julien baker-Little oblivions
    John mayer-sob rock

Profile picture
    isacgraca
    Topics:

Wolf Alice and Kings of Leon will get in Best Rock Album

Maybe a Julien Baker on Alternative Album

No John Mayer

No GF

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Why exactly does GD keep pushing this whole ‘St Vincent is a Grammy darling!!!!!!’ thing. She’s really not. If there is a rock/alt artist you guys should push, it’s the 11x winners who will be winning rock album rock perf and rock song this year.

Foo Fighters? Right?

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, those artists mentioned are NOT happening in Album of the Year:

Julien Baker
    Kings of Leon
    John Mayer
    Wolf Alice

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 696 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.