Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 696 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Why exactly does GD keep pushing this whole ‘St Vincent is a Grammy darling!!!!!!’ thing. She’s really not. If there is a rock/alt artist you guys should push, it’s the 11x winners who will be winning rock album rock perf and rock song this year.

So it makes sense when 5-6 pop acts can make it to AOTY but more than one rock/alternative act don’t.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I wonder if Solar Power becomes a critical juggernaut of that would be enough to push it to an AOTY nod despite missing Pop Vocal. I think her rock/alternative appeal is strong enough to get her in the general field. I feel like that’s what got Melodrama into the top 20. She and Billie appeals to the same voter though. But as bad as Lorde’s new singles are I still prefer them to the crap Billie released these past few months.

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

Wolf Alice and Kings of Leon will get in Best Rock Album Maybe a Julien Baker on Alternative Album No John Mayer No GF

Wolf Alice in Rock Album not Alternative?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

So it makes sense when 5-6 pop acts can make it to AOTY but more than one rock/alternative act don’t.

Hey if you wanna base your predictions entirely on your complete guess that voters won’t want 5 pop albums, be my guest! Personally, I’ve decided to base mine on previous track records, knowledge of songs like Beautiful People making top 8, and seeing that there has been one genre clearly dominate wins under a straight vote system.

That being said, I’m sure using a baseless guess to dictate all your predictions will work out perfectly. Tyler the Creator and St. Vincent are obviously more likely AOTY nominees than the duo with 30 grammys!

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

5-6 Pop nominees would be so boring & safe. I’m anticipating each major field to be represented in AOTY (Pop, Rap, Country, Rock, & R&B).

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Hey if you wanna base your predictions entirely on your complete guess that voters won’t want 5 pop albums, be my guest! Personally, I’ve decided to base mine on previous track records, knowledge of songs like Beautiful People making top 8, and seeing that there has been one genre clearly dominate wins under a straight vote system. That being said, I’m sure using a baseless guess to dictate all your predictions will work out perfectly. Tyler the Creator and St. Vincent are obviously more likely AOTY nominees than the duo with 30 grammys!

I wasn’t even mentioned Tony and Gaga album, you still predicting Ariana and Bieber over the artists i’ve mentioned, that’s the problem. They might happen in song categories but not the album ones. You are underestimating other genres, that don’t sit right with me. Not everybody in NARAS wanna vote for underwhelming Ariana Grande era or Bieber’s R&B trys. Rap represent will be in that AOTY and Rock/Alternative represent will be in that AOTY line-up. Considering rock + alternative voters are the most in NARAS combined, i still believe more than one act can happen.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If Lorde’s new album is as good as Stoned at the Nail Salon, I can see it having critical success. Maybe that could lead to an AOTY nomination. We’ll see.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yet people on here still make a case for Billie rather than Taylor who has the second best selling female album of the eligibility period, plus a number 1 on billboard, record breaking vinyl sales and lots of campaigning to come in the fall months.

Evermore is gonna have an ASIB situation I think. Voters will just treat it as part of Folklore era and think the previous year rewarded it enough. Some people may say that ASIB was blocked by the committee but we don’t know that. Gaga still missed in the pop categories despite being predicted by many to make it there. So there’s a chance she underperformed in the straight vote as well.

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

Does the Mercury Prize foreshadow anything Grammys wise?

• Arlo Parks – Collapsed In Sunbeams
    • BERWYN – DEMOTAPE/VEGA
    • Black Country, New Road – For the First Time
    • Celeste – Not Your Muse
    • Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra – Promises
    • Ghetts – Conflict Of Interest
    • Hannah Peel – Fir Wave
    • Laura Mvula – Pink Noise
    • Mogwai – As the Love Continues
    • Nubya Garcia – SOURCE
    • SAULT – Untitled (Rise)
    • Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend
    Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Arlo Parks is coming!!

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

• BERWYN – DEMOTAPE/VEGA
    • Hannah Peel – Fir Wave
    • Nubya Garcia – SOURCE

FN was nominated last year and received 6 grammy noms / 1 win

kiwanuka won last year and received a grammy nom (it lost though)

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

• BERWYN – DEMOTAPE/VEGA
    • Hannah Peel – Fir Wave
    • Nubya Garcia – SOURCE

Kaytranada won in 2016 but last year he won the dance field and got nom for BNA.

Edit : He won Polaris Prize, i mixed it with Mercury Prize, my bad.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

What are everyone’s thoughts on Jamie (reimagined)? Childish Gambino just covered Stay High and I could see this getting a few noms. Not entirely sure what genre it’ll be submitted in though. The original went rock but his version feels closer to R&B.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

What are everyone’s thoughts on Jamie (reimagined)? Childish Gambino just covered Stay High and I could see this getting a few noms. Not entirely sure what genre it’ll be submitted in though. The original went rock but his version feels closer to R&B.

The original was always R&B as well. Stay High is a blues record. Never y it’s genre placement but I guess once you’re “Alternative” that’s where they submit you.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Evermore is gonna have an ASIB situation I think. Voters will just treat it as part of Folklore era and think the previous year rewarded it enough. Some people may say that ASIB was blocked by the committee but we don’t know that. Gaga still missed in the pop categories despite being predicted by many to make it there. So there’s a chance she underperformed in the straight vote as well.

She got in Song of the Year. That tells us that she was at least 6-10 in Pop Solo.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 696 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.