Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 696 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Wait did y’all see that video of Camila performing her new song with dancers in Blackface on Jimmy Fallon.. omg what is she doing! She’s DONE! https://twitter.com/baianomotivado/status/1418987143574196231?s=21 https://twitter.com/lemonadenormani/status/1419003967074414595?s=21

It seems the fact that Morgan Wallet rode the backlash to commercial success likely emboldened her team to give scandal another go.

They obviously prepared a lame excuse before hand or do they expect us to believe that no one among the entire management team, performers, collaborators and label had concerns about the idea while planning the performance?

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I maintain that Morgan leaked his own video even.

That’s a little too conspiratorial.

Wallen’s racism somehow making him even bigger was very lucky and certainly not something that was guaranteed. And I’m sure his team does not appreciate the lost airplay, disqualification from major country shows, and the impact it is likely to have on his Grammy nominations haul.

We have yet to see what long-term ramifications it will have for his career. It will be hard for him to grow his fanbase with that scarlet letter attached to him, which could hurt him when the old fans lose interest (or kill themselves from not getting the vaccine, whatever happens first).

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

To be completely honest 2019 Billie deserved every accolade she got at the Grammys (questionable about OTR not winning but whatever) 2020 i wasn’t that mad either tbh, but if this heffa wins ANY Record/Song nominations this year.. bye. Give it to Olivia, Bruno, doja, lil nas, or dua… the ones that had an ACTUAL impactful year lol.

Nothing is going to convince that a song like Bad Guy deserved Song of The Year. Record, yes. The production was outstanding and Billie’s performance was groundbreaking (back then). But the songwriting is not there.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Nothing is going to convince that a song like Bad Guy deserved Song of The Year. Record, yes.

Voters could’ve simply named checked her when voting. Some voters are lazy like that. I think they’re rarely split winners in ROTY & SOTY anyway

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

(or kill themselves from not getting the vaccine, whatever happens first).

Reminder to get your vaccines as soon as you can besties😁

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Album of the Year:

Happier than Ever
    Billie Eilish

Sob Rock
    John Mayer

Starting Over
    Chris Stapleton

Solar Power
    Lorde

The Off-Season
    J. Cole

Medicine at Midnight
    Foo Fighters

SOUR
    Olivia Rodrigo

An Evening with Silk Sonic
    Silk Sonic

Record of the Year:

MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)
    Lil’ Nas X

Drivers License
    Olivia Rodrigo

Peaches
    Justin Bieber f/ Daniel Caesar & Giveon

Kiss Me More
    Doja Cat f/ SZA

Levitating
    Dua Lipa f/ DaBaby

Leave the Door Open
    Silk Sonic

Higher Power
    Coldplay

Waiting on A War
    Foo Fighters

Song of the Year:

Damage
    H.E.R

Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    Lana Del Rey

Leave the Door Open
    Silk Sonic

Drivers License
    Olivia Rodrigo

Forever After All
    Luke Combs

Heartbreak Anniversary
    Giveon

Body
    Megan thee Stallion

pov
    Ariana Grande

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, bitches will gag when Billie Eilish does NOT make the General Field.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Body, POV, Chemtrails in SOTY? SOLAR POWER in ROTY?? Eric Church? The Lorde in the GF at all???

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

Honestly when I heard Billie’s Bad Guy it just reminded me of Bitter:Sweet’s song Dirty Laundry. Not that I am saying she ripped it off but it just sounds too much the same to me.
    To me she is just a one trick pony with the husky, kinda whispering, not singing sound shes doing and nothing else.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

People are underestimating Billie Eilish while over predicting the equally boring Lorde

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I think Lorde’s album is going to be amazing. She’s never given us a bad album dont see her starting now. Yes shes a big wildcard because theres a 95% chance that she wont sell BUT.. I think the quality will be there.

Chemtrails and pov are passion picks. They wont win but they are the 2 of the best written pop singles this year imo.

I have Billi in ROTY/SOTY but I have to wait until her album drops to decide because the pre-album singles are all a NO.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I think Lorde’s album is going to be amazing. She’s never given us a bad album dont see her starting now. Yes shes a big wildcard because theres a 95% chance that she wont sell BUT.. I think the quality will be there.

Chemtrails and pov are passion picks. They wont win but they are the 2 of the best written pop singles this year imo.

I have Billi in ROTY/SOTY but I have to wait until her album drops to decide because the pre-album singles are all a NO.

This is all opinion-based though. Lorde doesn’t have the popularity to get in the GF and Chemtrails is easily forgotten, with little critical enthusiasm. The POV prediction is random

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

This is all opinion-based though. Lorde doesn’t have the popularity to get in the GF and Chemtrails is easily forgotten, with little critical enthusiasm. The POV prediction is random

Why is POV random? IDK.. what else does Ariana have to submit?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Under a straight vote, Melodrama could not beat Kaleidoscope (EP), Evolve and Lust For Life. Her even less successful and presumably less acclaimed follow-up is not going to be among the 8 biggest vote-getters after that bomb.

And to clarify, I love Lorde. Melodrama is one of my favourite albums ever. That being said, there is ZERO reason for anyone to be predicting Solar Power after how poorly the mega acclaimed Melodrama did at the grammys.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Under a straight vote, Melodrama could not beat Kaleidoscope (EP), Evolve and Lust For Life. Her even less successful and presumably less acclaimed follow-up is not going to be among the 8 biggest vote-getters after that bomb.

And to clarify, I love Lorde. Melodrama is one of my favourite albums ever. That being said, there is ZERO reason for anyone to be predicting Solar Power after how poorly the mega acclaimed Melodrama did at the grammys.

OK but its not just Pop voters that Vote in the General Field. Maybe the folks that were voting in Pop didnt seeit for her like that but what if Rock, Alternative, Hip-Hop, Americana etc. really loved the record? I mean it was the 2nd Most acclaimed album of its year. And Like the biggest female Album of the past decade critically. It had passion behind it.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 696 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.