Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 696 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Why is POV random? IDK.. what else does Ariana have to submit?

…Positions?

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I could see the logic behind the pov predictions bit it never really materialized into the smash it could’ve been. positions is her logical submission and could potentially snag a filler nom.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

…Positions?

I could see that but judging by Ariana’s track records with submissions she usually splits her ROTY/SOTY songs and goes with the more sentimental entry for song of the year. Either way she’ll be filler but I like pov more so I hope she goes with that.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

OK but its not just Pop voters that Vote in the General Field. Maybe the folks that were voting in Pop didnt seeit for her like that but what if Rock, Alternative, Hip-Hop, Americana etc. really loved the record? I mean it was the 2nd Most acclaimed album of its year. And Like the biggest female Album of the past decade critically. It had passion behind it.

Missing out on everything but AOTY when you had one of the couple most acclaimed albums of the year, was still a widely known artist and just won in Pop and the gf a few years earlier- it was not a good sign. But a lot can change in a few years. As I mentioned before, voters already have a lot of moody pop music from young white girls to choose from (yes, I’m including Olivia). It’s gonna be difficult for Lorde to standout without the numbers.

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

How tf does Bad Guy sounds like Dirty Laundry by Bitter: Sweet

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I know Global Music isn’t talked about much but I’m fairly confident that Angélique Kidjo, a 4x winner, is a lock nom and likely frontrunner for Best Global Music Album. I wonder if anyone has stronger, if any predictions for the field.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I know Global Music isn’t talked about much but I’m fairly confident that Angélique Kidjo, a 4x winner, is a lock nom and likely frontrunner for Best Global Music Album. I wonder if anyone has stronger, if any predictions for the field.

Wizkid – Made In Lagos, The album with the fast rising Essence (Feat. Tems).

Essence is considered excellent by the genre lovers, same with the album. The song is expected to rise to no 66 on the Hot 100 next week, up from 72 this week and 80 the prior week. The album has peaked at 80 on Hot 200 so far and has collaborations with H.E.R and the last winner Burna Boy.

As its a rare achievement for lead afrobeats artists not based in North America or Europe, I believe he would get a nom for the new best Global Music Performance as well. Likely win both.

Profile picture
    isacgraca
    Topics:

Anyone thinks Amythyst Kiah stands a chance at least for BNA?

Just heard Tender Organs, and it has the kind of power-house-female-serious-songwriter vibe Grammy’s use to love (Adele, Brittany Howard, H.E.R, Brandi Carlile…)

And for which categories would you pick her?

Thank you!

Profile picture
    isacgraca
    Topics:

Plus… would you put SAULT in the Dance categories or the R&B ones?

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

yeah this was a reach

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Wizkid will win

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

When I first heard Bad Guy the first thing I mentioned to my other half was “Where have I heard that sound before?” Then I heard Dirty Laundry again and I was oh that is similar and that’s why I remember hearing that sound before.
    Did I say it was exact? No but it is similar enough for me to catch the sameness to them.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Will BTS submit Permission to Dance to R&B performance?

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Will BTS submit Permission to Dance to R&B performance?

Ummmm…NO.

Why would you even think that? lol

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, BTS’ “Permission to Dance” will NOT be submitted to Best R&B performance.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 696 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.