Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Is there a snippet for Happier Than Ever? Cuz how are y’all listening to it already

It’s a local midnight time release.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I have no issue with certain artists not clicking with people, that’s fair but people throw around the word generic way too often. I think Tinashe is extremely generic and that’s part of the reason why she hasn’t broken out but I’m not going to throw around that term for every single artist that I don’t like. I don’t much like Kanye West but I definitely wouldn’t accuse him of being generic.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever was even better than I expected. Billie Eilish never fails to shock and impress me, and that’s why I’m a fan

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

Have you guys read this Forbes article? https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2021/07/28/the-weeknd-isnt-submitting-his-music-to-the-grammys-anymorebut-he-could-still-be-nominated-in-2022/amp/

“The Weeknd recruited Grande for the reworking of his single “Save Your Tears,” and after she contributed vocals, the song went right to No. 1 on the Hot 100. He may not send the track to the Recording Academy to consider, but his female counterpart and her team have every right to do so. “Save Your Tears” could easily wind up with a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance nod, and Record of the Year isn’t completely out of the question.”

Why would Ariana team submit Save Your Tears after everything that happened last year? The Weeknd surely wouldn’t allow it.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett will win but Levitating is still getting that nomination

We’re about to go into august and no word of this collab yet, I don’t think it’s happening before the eligibility period ends.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I think Dua’s fairly “basic”. That 80s throwback dance-pop music has been done to death for almost two decades. And there’s nothing interesting or distinct about her vocal approach or songwriting or performing. Doesn’t mean a lot of her music isn’t solid. Billie isn’t at all generic. Her approach wasn’t mainstream when she started it. But she can be tired and redundant. “Basic” and “generic” doesn’t equate to bad music. Just as “idiosyncratic” or “unique” doesn’t equate to good.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Lorde seems to have been doing lots of interviews lately in an effort to promote her new album! After receiving nominations for every album she put out, I’m going to say that ruling her out entirely could be risky. In one interview she even said that she was looking to “please her peers” with the new album, and to be fair I don’t think that will go unnoticed.

Feel free to drag me all you like for this take, but just keep in mind that anything can happen with the Grammys, especially with a renewed nomination process.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    TomJerryAlt
    Topics:

She wouldn’t be submitting the live to duo, it would be to pop solo.

I’m sorry but the mental gymnastics that user has done on BPDGP (Pop Duo/Group Performance) is fcked up. To the point of Levitating live.. in BPDGP?? Bitch. Fck off at this point. Fvcking weirdo. Fuck you. Manipulative loser.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’m sorry but the mental gymnastics that user has done on BPDGP (Pop Duo/Group Performance) is fcked up. To the point of Levitating live.. in BPDGP?? Bitch. Fvcking weirdo. Fck off at this point. Fuck you. Manipulative loser.

wtf did I just read

Why are you getting this worked up over someone having a typo?…

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Gab
    Topics:

I’m sorry but the mental gymnastics that user has done on BPDGP (Pop Duo/Group Performance) is fcked up. To the point of Levitating live.. in BPDGP?? Bitch. Fck off at this point. Fvcking weirdo. Fuck you. Manipulative loser.

Are you referring to me ACCIDENTALLY saying it would be in BPDGP instead of BSP? Because if you are it’s really not that serious. I corrected myself when I realized. Doing way too much

Profile picture
    TomJerryAlt
    Topics:

wtf did I just read Why are you getting this worked up over someone having a typo?…

Lol. That is absolutely NOT a typo.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Can Dua just re-record Levitating with another artist? Voters will vote for whatever version she submits to be honest.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i feel like this is a jekyll and hyde situation

Profile picture
    TomJerryAlt
    Topics:

Are you referring to me ACCIDENTALLY saying it would be in BPDGP instead of BSP? Because if you are it’s really not that serious. I corrected myself when I realized. Doing way too much

Lies on top of lies.

That was NOT a typo manipulative f*ck. And you f*cking know it.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.