Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 517 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I don’t know who “they” are. But there may be several songs on Sour that fit anywhere into “pop-punk”. Everything beyond those songs are ballads and soft-rock. Avril was never even “pop-punk”. That was just her early aesthetic. She was pure pop and pop-rock. Nothing really “punk” at all besides wearing a tie and be a fake badass. If Avril is “pop-punk” then so is Pink. Her music never matched that pop-punk placement. While Billie is definitely no where near “punk”. Not a single song she’s made has been close to “pop-punk”. And outside of being “sad white girls”, Billie and Olivia’s music doesn’t really fit into the “emo brand”. Some of Billie’s music I guess could be viewed as emo-pop or emo-electro-pop. And the girls don’t much of anything like each other.

I’m not a big fan of either. But we can’t just throw every popular “sad white girl” over the past twenty years in the same bubble.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Billie wasn’t punk, she was more like an emo-ish. Avril considered as a pop-punk singer. Pink is more of a pop-rock.

I’m just not seeing Olivia as being “pop-punk”. Even her few more “rock-ish” songs aren’t that close to “pop-punk” and don’t sound much like Avril. But my biggest point is Billie and Olivia don’t sound alike at all. They both make “sad white girl” music and are popular at this moment. But their voices, songwriting approaches and productions aren’t really comparable. So, I don’t get throwing them in same bubble. You can think they’re generic or basic (which they kinda are, especially Olivia). But they’re also very different artists so far in their careers.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Happier than Ever started with 87 on Metacritic. It’s a good start

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever title track is a beast of a song. wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Maybe Billie Eilish didnt deserve any of her past grammys, but Happier than ever (song) does deserve SOTY/ROTY, that song is spectacular. Serving Radiohead vibes like a queen.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

HTE might be objectively better than SOUR but it doesn’t have much commercial appeal and Billie set a very high standard with her debut. Which is gonna be extremely hard to reach or replicate. Olivia is in a favourable position rn because SOUR, while very successful, isn’t a groundbreaking landmark in pop music. It’s cute but that’s about it. Even if she improves the slightest in her soph era, she’d be lauded for it.

Agree. That’s exactly what I meant about Sour being “generic” and it didn’t equal to “bad” at all.

However, I think Sour still has a better shot at winning any pop-field Grammys than HTE does due to its massive debut success.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Overall i’d give ‘Happier Than Ever’ a 7/10. I saved Billie Bossa Nova, Getting Older, Halley’s Comet, Happier Than Ever, Everybody Dies, Male Fantasy & Your Power to my library. But I can already say I liked her debut much better. And that Silk Sonic track…. AMAZING!!!

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

After listening to Billie’s Happier Than Ever album, I would rate this a 8/10 overall. Also, Skate by Silk Sonic is really a great summer song.

For now, this is my 64th Grammys winner predictions while waiting for the official nominations this November.

AOTY – Happier Than Ever, but faces stiff competition against Olivia Rodrigo’s SOUR. This is where Olivia could be likely GF award to lose.

ROTY – Leave The Door Open, but Billie or Olivia could pull an upset. For ROTY, Billie must submit the album title track while Olivia must submit drivers license.

SOTY – Happier Than Ever or drivers license. But again, the Grammys won’t care about the charts achievements or even streams.

BNA – Olivia Rodrigo.

BPSP – drivers license

BPDGP – peaches because dua lipa is facing controversy regarding about DaBaby’s homophobic comments about Dua this week.

BPVA – SOUR

BTPVA – Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga

R&B Progressive – Silk Sonic

Traditional R&B Performance and R&B Song – Leave The Door Open

Rap Album – Tyler The Creator

Rap Song – Tyler The Creator

Rap Performance – Tyler The Creator

Melodic Rap – Tyler The Creator

Rock Performance – renegade

Rock Song – renegade

Alternative Music Album – Daddy’s Home

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m laughing cause y’all said Billie should expand her producers than her brother and herself 😂😂😂😂

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

“Billie Bossa Nova” sounds exactly like something from Feist’s debut album, and I suppose I’m here for that. The forum hyped up the title track a bit much. But it is pretty good. I’ll fvck with the whole thing at a later time.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.