Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I didn’t compare nobody. It’s not about fanwars though, it’s about people relaxing.

I know, I’m just saying lmao. The comparisons are gonna be inevitable since they’re both gen z and both pretty much equal in contention at the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Happier than Ever is just not gonna be a threat to SOUR. The GP just doesn’t seem to be here for this era.

I beg to differ. Billie has had two consecutive years without going home empty-handed from the Grammys and having won at least one of the top prizes each time. Even if it eventually dies out for the GP, this album is more mature and is better written than the somewhat childish breakup record Sour. Billie will definitely give Olivia a run for her money.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Topics:

Happier than Ever is just not gonna be a threat to SOUR. The GP just doesn’t seem to be here for this era.

Not sure if you’re referring to commercial success or Grammy chances, because it’ll definitely be a threat to SOUR‘s chances of winning in the General Field.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Might sound reactionary but I think Happier Than Ever is a lock for Engineering Non-Classical, and Finneas for POTY too.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Happier than Ever (song) should be Billie’s submission for the General Field and Rock categories

AOTY: Happier than Ever
    ROTY: Happier than Ever (or Therefore I Am)
    SOTY: Happier than Ever
    Pop Solo: Therefore I Am
    Pop album: Happier than Ever
    Rock song: Happier than Ever
    Rock Performance: Happier than Ever
    Music Video: NDA (unless Happier than Ever’s video is better)

By the way I feel this album would fit more in Alternative Album but she will always be submitted in Pop album like Lana no matter what.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I beg to differ. Billie has had two consecutive years without going home empty-handed from the Grammys and having won at least one of the top prizes each time. Even if it eventually dies out for the GP, this album is more mature and is better written than the somewhat childish breakup record Sour. Billie will definitely give Olivia a run for her money.

Do you really think the Grammy’s think about which lyrics are more mature. I mean Billie swept thanks to Bad Guy, which is arguably more childish/fun than anything Olivia released.

I think the voters as usual, will give it to the person who defined the year the most, and that is Olivia.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Sorry these points against Billie strike me as being very weak. No one really thinks of Everything I Wanted as the defining song of 2020 and yet. The ‘only Stevie Wonder has won AOTY twice in three years’ one is just plain stupid. At one stage Christopher Cross was the only person to sweep all four gf categories in one night. At one stage U2 and Roberta Flack were the only artists to win ROTY two years in a row. If Billie’s already broken multiple grammy records, what’s stopping her from breaking another?

I also agree with 5 that this is probably winning Best Engineered Album. Although, Silk Sonic could probably beat them if they drop on time.

When it comes down to it, Happier Than Ever is an acclaimed album by a grammy darling and it will have decent enough success. And honestly, that’s all Billie needs for her second AOTY.

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I think the voters as usual, will give it to the person who defined the year the most, and that is Olivia.

Olivia most likely has BNA and Pop Solo Performance under the bag, and possibly even SOTY but I wouldn’t get too carried away into thinking she can sweep just out of how well her album has been performing on the charts. Sour taking AOTY is definitely a possibility, but Billie is an established Grammys darling and I think her album might do better than it was shaping up to initially.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

HTE is a good project overall and has a godly title track, with Billie’s history at the Grammys it’ll get in the GF no problem. I wouldn’t be mad at a SOTY or ROTY win for the title track but I think Silk Sonic have also cemented their presence in the GF with Skate, which is so fun. I feel like Olivia’s chances of getting rewarded in the GF outside BNA are shrinking.

Silk Sonic music is just too exciting, can’t wait for their album

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

At the end of the day Billie and Olivia will split points and Silk Sonic will win AOTY

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I like Male Fantasy.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

So you think they love Billie that much, probably even more than Bruno Mars ( Silk Sonic will probably drop their album on deadline) and Adele( if we’re predicting she’ll release something this year).

Uh no?…
    I said in this exact post that HTE wouldn’t win Engineered if Silk Sonic drop. I also said a few pages back that it wouldn’t win AOTY if Silk Sonic drop. Can you please not randomly make assumptions about me? I haven’t considered Adele because there’s literally nothing to indicate she’s dropping this season.

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Let’s be real sisters. The HTE tittle track is cute but it’s a damn reach for y’all to claim it as a ROTY Or SOTY contender. The song is too damn long for radio, I don’t see it becoming a hit.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

HTE (song) should be send to rock or alternative categories, its not a pop song by any means

Too bad the grammy academy overshowered her with awards in the past, cause this time she deserves it…

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.