Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I just want to someone different to win, i’m very aware of her being loved.

Well predictions shouldn’t be decided based on personal preference, sweetie.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Billie Eilish and her brother (8/8) are the most dynamic Grammy force of the past 2 ceremonies. Billie won ROTY in a year she dropped 2 stand alone releases(that were actually not even big hits, My Future was not even a hit ).

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

90% of the posts about HTE (both song and album) in the last couple of pages were positive. Even historical Billie haters agree.

I don’t get the “this forum is underestimating Billie for the 3rd time mantra“. Since when do humans have hive minds? There will always be difference in opinions.

Also, neither getting hyper nor posting supportive writeups don’t always mean we disagree. Can’t speak for everyone but I personally don’t see necessity in repeating a point already made, I just like the posts that substantially expressed my thoughts already. So chill-lax peeps, most of us were predicting Billie even before the album’s release.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, no one underestimated Billie Eilish the first time.  Damn near everyone predicted her winning 4-5 Grammys.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Keep in mind that Billie is really liked by Rock voters. And I don’t think Olivia has the same crossover support.

That said I hope they share the love like they did the last Grammys

Happier than Ever is the song that should have given Billie a SOTY award, not Bad Guy which was a good ROTY winner, but SOTY was too much.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Sliemy
    Topics:

Looks like it’s Happier Than Ever vs SOUR for AOTY. I think it would be the repeat of 62nd Grammys last year like When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? vs thank u, next for AOTY.

Hopefully the better album will win again, HTE.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, another white woman better NOT win Album of the Year.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Honey, another white woman better NOT win Album of the Year. YUCK!

Lol, your issue with white women makes me wonder sometimes if your beloved Christina Aguilera is a black man… I’m confused. Technically, it would be one white woman winning everything every year, if it were up to you.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Could the same person win ROTY three years in a row??? Has that ever happened before??

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I still think we’re getting the Silk Sonic album before the deadline.

if the battle is Billie vs. Olivia vs. Silk Sonic vs. H.E.R.

I think Billie easily takes it.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Yep, Happier Than Ever is a masterpiece. Back to 89 on Metacritic.

It’s strange that all of the best songs (Happier Than Ever, Oxytocin, Male Fantasy) weren’t release as single…

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Happier Than Ever is NOT a masterpiece.  PUKE! 🤢

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yes because GP favourites win ALL THE TIME. 💀

Billie doesn’t need to be a gigantic smash to win in the general field. She’s literally a darling, the album is acclaimed and will do good numbers that are convincing enough. It’s so stupid to doubt her after she won ROTY this year consecutively against much bigger hits.

Everything I Wanted was a very successful song and ended up in the top 20 in YEC. So I’m not sure why you are shocked by the win? I can’t speak for others, but I had it at #2 in my predictions. So the win was not shocking to me.

However this year, Billie lacks a hit. Now if it’s compensated by strong album sales with longevity, then she will definitely become a threat. But I don’t see it happening personally, and let’s wait and see.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

If the battle is Billie vs. Olivia vs. Silk Sonic vs. H.E.R. I think Billie easily takes it.

You do remember Billie’s EIW just lost SOTY to a far less performing I Can’t Breathe right? The fact H.E.R did not compete for ROTY in fact leaves me wondering if Billie would have won otherwise. Billie’s Grammy streak is impressive, so is H.E.R’s.

On the other hand, Bruno has only ever lost to highly defining records. 21, Get Lucky, and Lorde’s Royals as lead, 0 times in the last 8 yrs. We know how his rematch with Lorde went down. Sis couldn’t find her wig and earrings after the fight.

Now he’s paired with Andy who’s unknown Lockdown impaled Rockstar, The Box, Highest In the Room and Laugh Now Cry Later simultaneously. They both successfully took an old-school r&b song to the top in this Gen-Z age. Billie would need Voldermot and Gandalf on her side to “easily” win.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.