Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 517 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

This forum is so stupid. Y’all find excuses for Billie all over the place. Yet when Taylor, Ari and Dua underperform y’all crucify them. Billie’s new album is underwhelming commercially plain and simple. Those numbers are pathetic for the Pop girl that dominated all of 2019. Adele and Taylor remain iconic and immune to floppery. Don’t try and forget about your ridiculous predictions for first day streams. Y’all were saying she would out-due Folklore and Sour easily.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

It didn’t have a big hit. For example; Olivia got Drivers License for SOUR album, the biggest song come out this year. Good 4 u also performed good and built anticipation. Billie didn’t do that for this album, Therefore I Am was somewhat successful but not a very big song, rest of the singles vanished after one week. Singles are very important for a big hit album, that still works.

My point was that Billie is bigger now than she was during her debut so it’s surprising that this album is doing worse on streaming compared to her previous work, especially because her fanbase is Gen Z who stream like crazy

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is above all the girls commercially, no girl can hold a stick (not named Adele) to Folklore first week sales. As for Olivia, let’s not get ahead of our selves, Liv is on her debut album and in 2019, Billies Album spent 47 weeks top10. Obviously this one won’t be perform like that, but Billie has proven Grammy history and the producer of the album is a 8/8 Grammy winner.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Whose bright idea was it to not release Happier Than Ever as a single to build up more hype for the Album? Your Power and Lost Cause were never going to sell the Album. How could they not see that?

The first week sells are good but I worry about its longevity. I also wonder if audiences are going to like it as much as critics. I for one liked her first album more. There are a lot of questions that will be answered in the months to come.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Get real! The world did NOT stop for Taylor Swift upon Folklore’s release week. Delusional Swifties are pressed that Billie Eilish has a higher Metacritic score.

folklore had 96 Metascore with similar number of reviews, definitely higher than HTE. Metascore tends to drop when more reviews are coming.

HTE will do (200k-225k) according to HDD. I still remember one user predict her to do 500k EASILY.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Melodrama had a high metacritic score as well and yet the Album drastically underperformed. Having a high score is good but it’s not the be all, end all.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Whose bright idea was it to not release Happier Than Ever as a single to build up more hype for the Album? Your Power and Lost Cause were never going to sell the Album. How could they not see that?

Billie’s. She said somewhere that she literally went with whatever she was feeling like she wanted to say the most at the moment for every single. Good for her, but frankly she could’ve used the advice from a PR team.

As a side note, yikes. The amount of toxic swifties here trying to drag Billie with whatever argument is kind of sickening. I guess some are just mad that she’s coming for her 2nd AOTY even after “bombing”.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

I agree that the singles killed the hype for the record. But, if I’m not mistaken, she said in a interview that this time she got to choose the singles herself and she chose the ones that felt right to her.
    I mean, good for her. But not so good for the album, apparently. 

After listening to it in full, the title track is the obvious highlight. If they promote it right, the potential is there. The only other track who shows commercial radio potential is Oxytocin. 
    Personally, I loved Halley’s Comet and Getting Older. 

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar, king of critics never won the AOTY which is a shame. Billie Eilish winning 2nd time AOTY back to back is a possibility, i personally don’t want it, i said the reason. I don’t know what the Recording Academy members thinks right now.

I definitely think that Billie could win, although I don’t think that it is a lock to happen the way others do.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

200-250k with or without bundles counted? Because if it’s without, it’s not bad. Didn’t Olivia do smth similar?

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Melodrama had a high metacritic score as well and yet the Album drastically underperformed. Having a high score is good but it’s not the be all, end all.

The voters like Billie more than Lorde tho, I don’t see her getting the Melodrama treatment

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

200-250k with or without bundles counted? Because if it’s without, it’s not bad. Didn’t Olivia do smth similar?

I don’t think they count bundles anymore but I may be wrong. Sour did close to 300k without vinyls which is where most of HTE sales are coming from, I think Olivia could’ve done around 380k or more with vinyls

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar, king of critics never won the AOTY which is a shame. Billie Eilish winning 2nd time AOTY back to back is a possibility, i personally don’t want it, i said the reason. I don’t know what the Recording Academy members thinks right now.

I remember the 2018 awards, where Kendrick, Lorde and SZA had three of the most acclaimed albums according to the critics year end lists.

Kendrick won no general field Grammys, Lorde won nothing and missed out on a nomination in pop, to a non-acclaimed Coldplay EP that peaked at #15 on the BB200. SZA lost all of her nominations, including BNA to Alessia Cara. Bonus: A Tribe Called Quest had an eligible album with 91 on metacritic and received no nominations.

The acclaim isn’t a big issue here for Billie. Her sales units, which are less than some predicted might not be an issue either. She is a Grammy favourite and that’s what matters the most.

But the Grammy favourites don’t stay Grammy favourites forever, when there is a perception that they have been rewarded too much. I’m not sure if we’ve reached that point yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.