Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
PopGuy
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

“Happier Than Ever” rose to #3 and remained at #6 on US and Global Spotify, respectively.

Streams went down just a little bit. I actually thought it would be a bigger slump.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Exactly, Sam Smith was a Grammy favorite in 2015 then their love is gone. Norah Jones was a favorite in early 2000’s but in the late 2000’s it’s gone.

Sam Smith was only ever nominated at one ceremony. Not the best example. And Norah Jones got love with her second album. She won Female Pop Vocal Performance, Record of the Year, and only lost Pop Album to the recently deceased Ray Charles.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  St. Vincent and/or Big Red Machine are NOT happening in Album of the Year.  Pure delusion.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever (s) rose to #3 and remained at #6 on US and Global Spotify, respectively.

Streams went down just a little bit. I actually thought it would be a bigger slump.

She is getting a hit finally I think. Oxytocin also has potential.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I said the late 2000’s with Norah Jones. Sam Smith almost pulled a Christopher Cross before Billie did it if Beck didn’t won AOTY. They gave up on him after one era. That was weird.

Sam has had lower-key success since their first album which is why they’ve likely taken the backseat to bigger stars and bigger hits.

But a Grammy favorite they were not. 4 wins in one year is a good year. That success needs to be spread across multiple years before we start going into “favorite” territory.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

I guess doja is submitting her stuff to Pop categories which is kinda funny because when I read her specific Spotify records its wording conveniently is “the fastest song by a female rapper to…” but no “the fastest female rap song to..” her music is pop, the mainstream knows her through her pop releases

The mainstream knows Doja for rapping and that may be because she raps in her songs, including her pop songs. It’s why she had two rap songs in the top 10 of spotify and Apple music up until all the new releases with no effort on her part.

Besides, if she’s going to keep being a better rapper than the majority of the rappers today, she might as well be called a rapper.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I don’t think they count bundles anymore but I may be wrong. Sour did close to 300k without vinyls which is where most of HTE sales are coming from, I think Olivia could’ve done around 380k or more with vinyls

A solid and established fan base is required to move significant vinyls, they’re more like fan collectibles these days.

Your estimated 80-90k vinyl sales for the very new Olivia is way too close to the 100k+ highest weekly shipment ever recorded. It took the ubiquitous album sales powerhouse Swift to move such units.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is above all the girls commercially, no girl can hold a stick (not named Adele) to Folklore first week sales. As for Olivia, let’s not get ahead of our selves, Liv is on her debut album and in 2019, Billies Album spent 47 weeks top10. Obviously this one won’t be perform like that, but Billie has proven Grammy history and the producer of the album is a 8/8 Grammy winner.

Slight error, FINNEAS has 8/9 grammys. He lost SOTY to H.E.R this year.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever (s) rose to #3 and remained at #6 on US and Global Spotify, respectively. Streams went down just a little bit. I actually thought it would be a bigger slump.

Heads up, albums are referred to with italics and songs have quotation marks.

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I feel Positions is not gonna get into AOTY, the era feels old and by Oct., it will be even worse. Plus, the critics were kinda divided on this.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

“And the Grammy goes to.. FLOATING POINTS, PHAROAH SANDERS & THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

as it should

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, only delusional Arianators think “Positions” is happening in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and/or Song of the Year.  It was NOT ever happening.  Positions is pretty much forgotten.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.