Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 634 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Telepatia is my pick from Latin board on Grammys. I just fucking love Kali Uchis, she is recently opening act on Tyler the Creator’s tour with Vince Staples. Tyler confirmed it hours ago.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

Grammy Pop Categories are going to be tough because most artists like doing pop

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Definitely it’s a strong competition this year for the pop categories, but I still think it’s pretty predictable who’s gonna win

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9609408/morgan-wallen-dababy-grammy-chances-controversy/

Best remixed recording is the only category in which “Levitating” would be eligible. Because Lipa’s Future Nostalgia won a Grammy in March for best pop vocal album, no tracks from the album are eligible in such categories as record of the year, song of the year or best pop duo/group performance — all categories in which it would have been a potent contender.

Uh so either Billboard’s mistaken or a huge contender is no longer eligible?

I do think they are actually wrong here, for a few different reasons

1. I don’t even think Levitating’s would ever be eligible for remixed recording. That’s usually a category for songs with new production/mixes, which is not the case with Levitating. If Savage wasn’t allowed here, then I cannot see why Levitating would be.
    2. They’re saying DaBaby’s rant ruined Levitatings chances of winning, which does not make sense. He wouldn’t be credited for the nomination or win.
    3. I really don’t see why this would be a different situation to Set Fire To The Rain (live). Both were new versions of a recording on a grammy winning album.
    4. Literally two weeks ago they released an article predicting Levitating

This is probably nothing and Paul Grein is just mistaken on the rules, but just to be safe I felt like sharing it.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9609408/morgan-wallen-dababy-grammy-chances-controversy/ Uh so either Billboard’s mistaken or a huge contender is no longer eligible? I do think they are actually wrong here, for a few different reasons

1. I don’t even think Levitating’s would ever be eligible for remixed recording. That’s usually a category for songs with new production/mixes, which is not the case with Levitating. If Savage wasn’t allowed here, then I cannot see why Levitating would be.
    2. They’re saying DaBaby’s rant ruined Levitatings chances of winning, which does not make sense. He wouldn’t be credited for the nomination or win.
    3. I really don’t see why this would be a different situation to Set Fire To The Rain (live). Both were new versions of a recording on a grammy winning album.

This is probably nothing and Paul Grein is just mistaken on the rules, but just to be safe I felt like sharing it.

This is one of the many Billboard articles against Dua Lipa. Someone in that publication is obviously trying to sabotage her. They even asked her in another article to speak on the matter of Dababy. Let’s not forget the infamous week they changed Radio weight so Levitating stays no.2.

Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

Dua Lipa should just submit a live version of Levitating. It’s sad bc the remix would’ve helped her in the GF. But if they’re not submitting the remix ,then I don’t see another option. She could just deal with being relegated to pop for the live version which I’m sure she’ll get in for.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9609408/morgan-wallen-dababy-grammy-chances-controversy/

Another day, another hint of Billboard hating Dua Lipa.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Paul clearly does not know what he’s talking about here. Yes, the official Grammy stance is that taking the album cut and remixing it with someone else’s vocals is considered a remix and not a new recording, but they have never honored that. Case in point: “Perfect Duet,” which should have been ineligible for consideration at the 2019 awards because of ÷ winning the previous year, was on the ballot.

That being said, “Savage” was clearly an exception because both versions of it were eligible, and they chose to enter the Beyoncé one. The original was not ineligible. And with regards to #3, a live recording is indeed a separate recording and not a remix, so it is different. It’s the same idea as Taylor if she had decided to enter Fearless for consideration this year – new recordings.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

This is one of the many Billboard articles against Dua Lipa. Someone in that publication is obviously trying to sabotage her. They even asked her in another article to speak on the matter of Dababy. Let’s not forget the infamous week they changed Radio weight so Levitating stays no.2.

BB adjusts radio frequently and it was overdo for that week. There was nothing weird about it.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Yeah Perfect duet was submitted after Ed won Pop album so Paul Grein is wrong

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

BB adjusts radio frequently and it was overdo for that week. There was nothing weird about it.

Well, the specific change that week helped LTOD stay no.1. Anyways, we have seen Billboard making mistakes before my such as a previous prediction saying Levitating  remix is eligible for SOTY.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Everything was weird about it

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

They needed it to wait 3 days to adjust the radio formula and delete 3k sales?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Your account is unnecessary. Delete it.

The Gaga profile doesn’t make it “okay” to make distasteful jokes or comments like that about Tony.

Anyways.

There might be a distinction between a live performance and a remix recording of a song from a winning album. A live performance is akin to a cover. Whereas a remix is parts from the original song mixed or combined together. Containing the original vocals, instrumentation, etc.

**So technically “Set Fire To the Rain” (live) was sent as cover of her own song. Whereas “Levitating ft. Da Baby” includes parts of original vocals, instrumentals, (from the winning album) which makes it solely eligible for Best Remix Recording.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

They needed it to wait 3 days to adjust the radio formula and delete 3k sales?

As far as I know, there was an issue with their data provider.

Also, BB did not delete sales, they were filtered, as is done for every artist.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.