Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 634 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I really don’t see why this would be a different situation to Set Fire To The Rain (live). Both were new versions of a recording on a grammy winning album

While the success of the original track played a role, Set Fire To The Rain (Live) is a single off a proper 2012 live album (Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall) that sold 3m pure copies. One of the best selling live albums ever (10x platinum-live). The official music video (655m YT views) was in fact from the live album.

Dua might stand a chance with a meaningful live version but anything she does with Levitating now would be perceived as driven by Grammy desperation. Best to promote and stick with Love Again (Now 73 on Hot 100) for BPSP. Levitating Remix can and would likely be nominated where it qualifies.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think Dua Lipa will ask for Levitating to either be replaced or withdrawn. I don’t see her accepting an award for a song with someone she condemned and cut ties with. Yes the first round submissions period is over. However there is second round, and you can ask to have your song withdrawn even after the second round like it happened with Miley.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Volví is one of the best spanish songs of the year and it just went number one on Apple Music omg, the song is a collab between iconic group Aventura and Bad Bunny

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Volví is one of the best spanish songs of the year and it just went number one on Apple Music omg, the song is a collab between iconic group Aventura and Bad Bunny

Question: Why have the Latin Grammys paid Aventura & Romeo Santos dust over the years? Is it a bias against bachata or…?

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Dua releasing a live version of Levitating will be desperate even though she has a higher chance with it than We’re Good/Love Again. Her team should just push Love Again so it can be at least big enough during voting.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Question: Why have the Latin Grammys paid Aventura & Romeo Santos dust over the years? Is it a bias against bachata or…?

They seem to be bias against modern bachata, the academy likes their Juan Luis Guerra and old school bachata. Romeo once said that he thought it was something personal and I honestly think it’s one of the biggest injustices the latin grammys have done

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever (album) (Global Spotify)

1st Day — 37,317,406
    2nd Day — 29,130,769
    3rd Day — 24,661,189
    4th Day — 26,219,828

Happier Than Ever (song)

Global Spotify

1st Day – 4,423,529
    2nd Day – 4,404,333
    3rd Day – 4,140,378
    4th Day – 4,836,720

US Spotify

1st Day – 1,476,516
    2nd Day – 1,452,646
    3rd Day – 1,341,557
    4th Day – 1,600,373

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

There’s been a lot of rumours for years that Romeo Santos has some sort of beef against some very important LARAS members. I don’t think it’s because of modern bachata or bachata as a whole; Prince Royce, Manny Cruz, Vicente García all get Latin Grammy noms.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

There’s been a lot of rumours for years that Romeo Santos has some sort of beef against some very important LARAS members. I don’t think it’s because of modern bachata or bachata as a whole; Prince Royce, Manny Cruz, Vicente García all get Latin Grammy noms.

They don’t get their fair share tho, I only remember Vicente García winning in recent times

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Dua might stand a chance with a meaningful live version but anything she does with Levitating now would be perceived as driven by Grammy desperation. Best to promote and stick with Love Again (Now 73 on Hot 100)

“Love Again” is part of a Grammy-winning album, and is therefore ineligible. She should and most likely will submit “We’re Good” for Best Pop Solo Performance.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Like the live versions of Happy and All of Me werent as desperate

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

“Love Again” is part of a Grammy-winning album, and is therefore ineligible. She should and most likely will submit “We’re Good” for Best Pop Solo Performance.

She can submit a live version of Love Again or aim for a nom with We’re Good but that’s unlikely

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

At least I’m trying (live) – pop solo!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Love Again rising on the Hot 100 every week, it could peak October. Can a live version be accepted ? I see them submitting this for Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional!  Dua Lipa is NOT happening in Best Pop Solo Performance for “We’re Good” or a live recording.  That category is too crowded.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.