Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 634 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

“Love Again” is part of a Grammy-winning album, and is therefore ineligible. She should and most likely will submit “We’re Good” for Best Pop Solo Performance.

I meant its best to do a live version of Love Again for Pop solo. Altering Levitating could be seem as extreme desperation.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

While the success of the original track played a role, Set Fire To The Rain (Live) is a single off a proper 2012 live album (Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall) that sold 3m pure copies. One of the best selling live albums ever (10x platinum-live). The official music video (655m YT views) was in fact from the live album. Dua might stand a chance with a meaningful live version but anything she does with Levitating now would be perceived as driven by Grammy desperation. Best to promote and stick with Love Again (Now 73 on Hot 100) for BPSP. Levitating Remix can and would likely be nominated where it qualifies.

This has nothing to do with what I said… I was just saying that if Set Fire To The Rain (Live) was eligible, I don’t see why Levitating (remix) wouldn’t be. I guess a better comparison would be Perfect (remix).

Also if she does drop a new version, I don’t think it will matters if it comes across as desperate. Dropping a live version of Havana two weeks before eligibility ended was very desperate and yet Camila still got the nom.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

The Gaga profile doesn’t make it “okay” to make distasteful jokes or comments like that about Tony.

I already said it wasn’t a fucking joke. Suck a dick.

If you can’t see why they’re releasing the album for next year’s Grammy eligibility then that’s on you. Sorry that I’m the only one willing to state the obvious.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I was just saying that if Set Fire To The Rain (Live) was eligible, I don’t see why Levitating (remix) wouldn’t be. I guess a better comparison would be Perfect (remix).

Because one is a new recording and the others are remixes of an existing one.

“Levitating” will probably be eligible just like “Perfect” was because the Grammys aren’t consistent with their rules, but that’s the logic.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Because one is a new recording and the others are remixes of an existing one. “Levitating” will probably be eligible just like “Perfect” was because the Grammys aren’t consistent with their rules, but that’s the logic.

I am aware of this which is why I clarified that Perfect would have been a better comparison…..

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I am aware of this which is why I clarified that Perfect would have been a better comparison…..

Yes, it is a better comparison, but “if Set Fire To The Rain (Live) was eligible, I don’t see why Levitating (remix) wouldn’t be” does not indicate being aware of the difference, hence my comment… a live recording and a remix of an existing recording with another artist are apples and oranges.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Yes, it is a better comparison, but “if Set Fire To The Rain (Live) was eligible, I don’t see why Levitating (remix) wouldn’t be” does not indicate being aware of the difference, hence my comment… a live recording and a remix with another artist are apples and oranges.

I meant that they’re both different versions of a song from a grammy wining album. I do realize now why it doesn’t work as a comparison. Regardless, this debate feels pointless since we both agree that Levitating will be eligible.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

This has nothing to do with what I said… I was just saying that if Set Fire To The Rain (Live) was eligible, I don’t see why Levitating (remix) wouldn’t be. I guess a better comparison would be Perfect (remix). Also if she does drop a new version, I don’t think it will matters if it comes across as desperate. Dropping a live version of Havana two weeks before eligibility ended was very desperate and yet Camila still got the nom.

Actually, I did only quote the portion my comment was about. The point being that the circumstances of SFTTR(Live) and Levitating (Remix) are polar. I’m also more interested in Levitating winning something, not just getting noms but I see that’s all resolved now, cheers mate.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Justin Bieber is a Morgan Wallen supporter. Lol I’m not surprised in the least bit. White people are gonna always look out for white people.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Getting harder and harder to justify my predictions for Morgan getting shutout

Also both Justin and Morgan should fuck off and do us all a favour by never releasing music again.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

With Rihanna’s worth shooting to $1.7B, I wonder if we’d still ever get an album.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever (s) reached a new peak in daily streams today on spotify, it has also remained stable on apple music. this should be Billie’s submission in all categories.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever (s) reached a new peak in daily streams today on spotify, it has also remained stable on apple. this should be Billie’s submission in all categories.

PERIOD.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

2022’s Grammy season is the year of problematic artists:

Billie Eilish (racially insensitive)
    Camila Cabello (racist)
    Chris Brown (abuser)
    DaBaby (homophobe)
    Doja Cat (homophobe)
    Dr. Luke (abuser)
    Justin Bieber (racist)
    Kanye West (Trumper)
    Megan Thee Stallion (ex-homophobe)
    Morgan Wallen (racist)
    & SZA (homophobe)

Yikes!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.