Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 634 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Has anyone brought this up yet?

Recording Academy Announces Inclusion Rider for 2022 Grammys

“The contract provision will push the organization to “recruit, audition, interview, and hire on-stage and off-stage people who have been historically and systematically excluded from the industry” LINK

Yes for equity & diversity!

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Solar Power will probably not hit #1 on bb200, Billie will still be strong and Olivia will release her LP on 08/20. most likely Lorde will debut at #3.
    this means that in addition to probably not being so loved by the critics SP, it will also have a commercial performance inferior to the melodrama

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Solar Power will probably not hit #1 on bb200, Billie will still be strong and Olivia will release her LP on 08/20. most likely Lorde will debut at #3. this means that in addition to probably not being so loved by the critics SP, it will also have a commercial performance inferior to the melodrama

Lorde deserves the world but unfortunately I don’t see her getting nominated without the committee

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Lorde is almost definitely not getting nominated

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

The black people who call Bruno Mars a culture vulture either do not understand what that term means or believe that only black people should be able to sing the type of music that he sings. Both “opinions” are complete garbage and should be ignored. Vanilla Ice was a culture vulture, Mars is most certainly not that. Full disclosure, I’m Black and I’m not a big fan of Bruno Mars’s music. I think I only like some songs on his first album but I don’t check for him usually.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

How about let’s call our faves problematic and let’s more on? We are human after all, and as long they don’t do illegal activity (Dr. Luke & Chris Brown), I think they are in the clear.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I am NOT surprised Justin Bieber is a Morgan Wallen fan/supporter.  White people always support their own.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Justin Bieber should’ve gotten the DaBaby treatment when he made #that video but anyway.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Honey, I am NOT surprised Justin Bieber is a Morgan Wallen fan/supporter. White people always support their own. YUCK!

And Billie is a Bieber fan, maybe ur right 🤭

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Every single person on earth is flawed. There is no such thing as an unproblematic person. Stop worshipping celebrities.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Every single person on earth is flawed. There is no such thing as an unproblematic person. Stop worshipping celebrities.

IDK I feel like there’s a difference between being flawed and being racist or an abuser.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m not really feeling this post. I do think Twitter gets caught up in hive mentality and superiority complexes. But being an abuser, an assaulter, an abuser/assaulted apologist, publicly preaching and promoting hate- this stuff is not just being a “flawed” human being. I don’t expect much from celebs. But there are consequences for the shit you say and do, especially publicly.

As far as Bruno, I don’t feel any way towards him. His music is generic as hell, mostly unoffensive and, yes, he mostly bites off of black culture. But it’s whatever to me. It’s not that serious. It just stands out more because there’s no popular black artists in that lane right now.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Olivia will release her LP on 08/20. 

Pause?? Did I miss something?

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

I just remembered that there was a user named dababy in this forum 🤔

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Pause?? Did I miss something?

i think they mean vinyl LP.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.