Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 634 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

i think they mean vinyl LP.

Thanks, I was confused😭

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

I just posted this in the Billie Thread, but the only time I remember that pop acts were nominated in both pop and rock off at the same time was when Florence + the Machine was nominated for Pop Vocal Album + Pop Duo / Group Performance + Rock Performance.

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

Lorde might not be giving a chance at some grammy categories

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’d like to once again bring up the growing possibility that this beats Peaches and ends up being Justin’s pop duo nom.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1423257781956616193?s=19

I’d like to once again bring up the growing possibility that this beats Peaches and ends up being Justin’s pop duo nom.

No.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

No.

Based on?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Based on?

“Stay” literally just came out. “Peaches” is a year defining hit featuring 3 Grammy nominated artists (2 being winners). The latter has much more pedigree & is likelier to get in.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

“Stay” literally just came out.

Wow got me there! The fact that Stay will be the more recent hit during voting will REALLY hurt it!

“Peaches” is a year defining hit

Stay is literally bigger so this point makes no sense.

3 Grammy nominated artists (2 being winners).

Stay and Peaches both feature the same amount of artists who have been nominated in the pop field.

The latter has much more pedigree

Based on?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Voters will not care that a new single by Justin Bieber out peaked himself on Spotify. “Stay” just came out a month ago while “Peaches” helped define 2021 Pop. The Kid LAROI does not have the same cachet as Daniel Caesar or Giveon.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

“Stay” just came out a month ago while “Peaches” helped defined 2021 Pop.

Again, pointing out that it’s the more recent hit is not the point you think it is. Pop voters are biased towards songs that peak closer to voting.

The Kid LAROI does not have the same cachet as Daniel Caesar or Giveon.

I see Goldderby has already decided that the grammys are biased against Kid Laroi based off of literally nothing. Some of you guys need to learn that your personal opinions are not the same as voters.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Voters will not care that a new single by Justin Bieber out peaked himself on Spotify. “Stay” just came out a month ago while “Peaches” helped defined 2021 Pop. The Kid LAROI does not have the same cache as Daniel Caesar or Giveon.

for the 50362728293638492th time, NOBODY is claiming voters care about streaming figures and records. the stats are relevant because they show that stay (etc) are big hits and therefore could get a lot of votes. this has been said so many times by myself alone let alone everybody else so i’m beginning to question if some of you can even read

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m not really feeling this post. I do think Twitter gets caught up in hive mentality and superiority complexes. But being an abuser, an assaulter, an abuser/assaulted apologist, publicly preaching and promoting hate- this stuff is not just being a “flawed” human being. I don’t expect much from celebs. But there are consequences for the shit you say and do, especially publicly. As far as Bruno, I don’t feel any way towards him. His music is generic as hell, mostly unoffensive and, yes, he mostly bites off of black culture. But it’s whatever to me. It’s not that serious. It just stands out more because there’s no popular black artists in that lane right now.

The fact that you think that I’m defending Morgan Whats-His-Face and Dababy is hilarious. I’m not defending wrong doing. I’m stating a stone cold fact. Nobody on earth is perfect. Not celebrities and not non celebrities.

You say that you aren’t bothered with Bruno Mars and yet you sound extremely bothered. Black people created most popular genres of music. If you think only black people should be able to do rap, jazz, funk, rock or whatever else just boldly admit that. It’s a silly opinion but at least I’ll get a good laugh.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I see Goldderby has already decided that the grammys are biased against Kid Laroi based off of literally nothing. Some of you guys need to learn that your personal opinions are not the same as voters.

Giveon & Daniel Caesar are proven Grammy nominees. The Kid LAROI is not. It doesn’t take a genius to understand why users would be hesitant to predict him. Maybe adjust your ego before lecturing anyone on their predictions.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

for the 50362728293638492th time, NOBODY is claiming voters care about streaming figures and records. the stats are relevant because they show that stay (etc) are big hits and therefore could get a lot of votes. this has been said so many times by myself alone let alone everybody else so i’m beginning to question if some of you can even read

In the end, it’s about impact. “Peaches” has it. “Stay” does not. Of course the latter would out peak the former because it’s new. Maybe instead of questioning users’s literacy, you should inquire about your own common sense.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Giveon & Daniel Caesar are proven Grammy nominees. The Kid LAROI is not. It doesn’t take a genius to understand why users would be hesitant to predict him. Maybe adjust your ego before lecturing anyone on their predictions.

This is insanely surface level analysis. It’s not exactly like Kid Laroi was some big name before 2021. Him having zero nominations up until now makes sense. If he ends up getting snubbed this year in BNA, where he should be a lock, then go ahead and push this whole ‘voters don’t like Kid Laroi’ shit. As of now, there is literally no reason to think there’s a bias against him.

In the end, it’s about impact. “Peaches” has it. “Stay” does not.

Based on?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.