Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 634 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

You’ve get to give one actual reason for why Peaches was more impactful than Stay but I digress.

I also think this notion that pop voters are snobby is completely ridiculous. This year alone had Watermelon Sugar over cardigan. Rain on Me over exile. Yummy over Blinding Lights. They’re really not snobs and I don’t know why you keep pushing this baseless notion that they are.

You’re legitimately brain dead if you think a weeks old song is more impactful than a huge hit that helped define an entire year.

“Watermelon Sugar” had cachet. A modern retro 70’s throwback. “Rain On Me” had 2 previous Grammy winners on 1 track. Literally wtf are you talking about?

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Honey, you’re a vapid Pop stan who thinks streams equate to votes at the Grammys. Voters do NOT care about Spotify. By your logic, “Dynamite” would’ve won over “Rain On Me” because it was a bigger streaming hit & more recent.

1. i prefer r&b to pop actually

2. i have already said the voters do not care about spotify, many times

3. i’m not saying more streams = guaranteed win, i’m just saying a song being popular indicates that it can get a lot of votes. for the record, i think peaches will beat stay. (i also had rain on me above dynamite)

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

i think peaches will beat stay.

The contradiction. I just –

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

You’re legitimately brain dead if you think a weeks old song is more impactful than a huge hit that helped define an entire year.

Okay so Peaches is more impactful because it’s older and did better on streaming?

One of those points isn’t even true and the other one is laughably bad so I see why you had to resort to personal attacks.

“Watermelon Sugar” had cachet. A modern retro 70’s throwback.

Wait till you learn that Stay is also a throwback!

“Rain On Me” had 2 previous Grammy winners on 1 track

Wait till you learn that exile also had 2 previous Grammy winners on 1 track!

Beyond that, there are dozens of examples of pop voters going for what’s popular rather than what’s prestigious. Evolve over Melodrama. Shape of You over Praying. No. 6 Collaborations Project over Norman Fucking Rockwell. No matter how hard you try, there is literally nothing to even remotely suggest that pop voters are snobs.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

thing is, Exile should’ve been submitted to rock song/performance not pop.

and before anyone shuts me down may I remind you that Fiona Apple’s Paper Bag was submitted -and nominated- in rock.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

there is literally nothing to even remotely suggest that pop voters are snobs.

Katy Perry, one of the biggest Pop stars ever, has never won. Why? Because voters ARE snobs & don’t respect her music enough to reward it. She had the undeniable hits, streams, sales, etc. But guess what? No Grammy.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Katy Perry, one of the biggest Pop stars ever, has never won. Why? Because voters ARE snobs & don’t respect her music enough to reward it. She had the undeniable hits, streams, sales, etc. But guess what? No Grammy.

I counter this argument with three words Yummy ummy ummy

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Are you seriously comparing The Kid Laroi with a 13x grammy nominee to prove that voters won’t want to nominate him?….. I’m sure this point made a lot more sense in your head.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I counter this argument with three words Yummy ummy ummy

“Yummy” didn’t win for a reason though….

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

The contradiction. I just –

there is no contradiction

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

A couple come to mind Beck: Best Pop Solo Performance + Best Alternative Album (2019) twenty-one pilots: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance + Best Rock Song & Best Rock Performance (2017) Florence + The Machine: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance & Best Pop Vocal Album+ Best Rock Song & Best Rock Performance (2016) Gotye: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance + Best Alternative Album (2013) Coldplay: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance + Best Rock Song & Best Rock Performance (2012)

Very interesting… Thank you! I knew there’d be more 🙂

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Lmao tbh I just love when posters battle it out!

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Are you seriously comparing The Kid Laroi with a 13x grammy nominee to prove that voters won’t want to nominate him?….. I’m sure this point made a lot more sense in your head.

Did you seriously compare a weeks old Kid LAROI collaboration to 3 proven Grammy nominees (& 2 winners) on an undeniable year defining hit? ANSWER: Yes.

You’re also the user who claimed Childish Gambino would get in R&B for a cover of “Stay High” over undisputed industry vets like Jam & Lewis. So how much credibility do you really have? ANSWER: None.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

thing is, Exile should’ve been submitted to rock song/performance not pop.

Y’all are just saying anything at this point 💀

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.