Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 634 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Anyway, why Evermore should be submitted -and nommed- to/in alternative:

Alternative is defined as a genre of music that embraces attributes of progression and innovation in both the music and attitudes associated with it. It is often a less intense version of rock or a more intense version of pop and is typically regarded as more original, eclectic, or musically challenging. It may embrace a variety of subgenres or any hybrids thereof and may include recordings that don’t fit into other genre categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Y’all are just saying anything at this point 💀

sorry it’s really early here and I have a bad case of acid reflux

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Eat some papaya, it really helps x

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Eat some papaya, it really helps x

thanks luv

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

“Stay” is catchy and kinda nice and then Justin comes in and I have to turn it off. I really don’t like is voice. And even though I hate “Good 4 U” at least I like the sound of Olivia’s voice. It seems like I’m not going to like a lot of the favourites this year again, but I feel chill about it. Maybe me taking some time away from the forums was a good idea lol

oh and @ELIAS in my kinda absence from the forums of late, i have really gotten into “Pick Up Your Feelings” omg thank you for encouraging all the jazmine love!

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "Real Pain" by Indigo de Souza
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

i have been in and out of the hospital because of reflux! take care. i know how shitty it can be <3

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "Real Pain" by Indigo de Souza
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

i have been in and out of the hospital because of reflux! take care. i know how shitty it can be <3

sorry to hear that! hope you’re ok (or at least feeling better now).

one of acid reflux’s least known symptoms is dubious opinions about grammy category submissions.

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

Taylor Swift collabs with Phoebe Bridgers and Chris Stapleton. More Taylor Contenders? Or just promo material?

She really is out here collabing with critically acclaimed artists ain’t she?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Taylor Swift collabs with Phoebe Bridgers and Chris Stapleton. More Taylor Contenders? Or just promo material?

She really is out here collabing with critically acclaimed artists ain’t she?

She’s said she won’t submit the Fearless re recordings, so I expect the same from Red.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Did you seriously compare a weeks old Kid LAROI collaboration to 3 proven Grammy nominees (& 2 winners) on an undeniable year defining hit? ANSWER: Yes.

I’m not exactly sure why you keep bringing up Peaches being a hit when Stay is bigger and more recent. This is not nearly as strong of a point as you seem to think it is.

Also again, Kid Laroi having zero nominations would mean something if this wasn’t his first year of relevance. This is the equivalent of predicting Olivia Rodrigo to get shut out because All I Want didn’t get a BSFVM nomination last year.

You’re also the user who claimed Childish Gambino would get in R&B for a cover of “Stay High” over undisputed industry vets like Jam & Lewis. So how much credibility do you really have? ANSWER: None.

I do indeed think Childish Gambino, who won ROTY/SOTY two years ago, cover of a song that won a grammy last year has a bigger chance at a nomination than two guys who haven’t been nominated in almost 14 years.

However, you’re clearly only bringing this up because you realized how terrible your points are and now have to deflect.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I do indeed think Childish Gambino, who won ROTY/SOTY two years ago, cover of a song that won a grammy last year has a bigger chance at a nomination than two guys who haven’t been nominated in almost 14 years.

Fiona Apple hadn’t won a Grammy since 1998 & guess what…b!tch received 2 awards this year.

Gloria Gaynor hadn’t won since 1980…Guess what? Sis just won in 2020!

So wtf are you talking about?

Also, you clearly don’t know the definition of “impact”. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

She’s said she won’t submit the Fearless re recordings, so I expect the same from Red.

I knew she wasn’t submitting the albums, but I thought maybe the vault tracks? Oh well, she will probably be promoting Renegade and Willow anyways.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

However, you’re clearly only bringing this up because you realized how terrible your points are and now have to deflect.

No. I brought it up to prove NONE of your arguments have validity in any field.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Fiona Apple hadn’t won a Grammy since 1998 & guess what…b!tch received 2 awards this year.

Nominated in 2012.

None of her competition had won ROTY/SOTY two years prior.

Gloria Gaynor hadn’t won since 1980…Guess what? Sis just won in 2020!

Nominated in 2014.

None of her competition had won ROTY/SOTY two years prior.

(Also jesus christ, are you seriously using Gospel album to argue your ridiculous points now? If artists ever wanna win an easy grammy, they should send stuff to the religious categories. Go look at how it worked for Tori Kelly, Kanye, Gloria and how it will work out for Carrie this year. This is such a terrible example)

Also, you clearly don’t know the definition of “impact”. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

I asked you to explain how Peaches had more impact and you decided to bring up how it was older. I think you’re the one who doesn’t know what it means.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.