Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 634 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Pop Music cannot be defined (IMO). We have Sting, Stevie Wonder and Adele all winning the same award (BPVA) and yet none of them create the same music.

The Artist defines what “Pop Music” is.
    It can be inspired by rock, rhythm and blues, ballads, jazz, folk, more recently rap, etc.

But because, certain artists are under the term “Popular” will always be regarded as “Pop Artist” regardless of the music they make.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Does anyone think Yola could be nominated for anything? Her latest album Stand For Myself seems to have done quite well in critical reception and she was nominated for BNA in 2020.

If there was still a panel, she would so be the Brandi/Black Pumas of 2021….

She’ll probably just get a few americana noms. I really enjoyed her album so I wouldn’t mind her surprising in AOTY though.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

Does anyone think Yola could be nominated for anything? Her latest album Stand For Myself seems to have done quite well in critical reception and she was nominated for BNA in 2020.

I forgot she released anything!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I forgot  didn’t know she they released anything!

Me when Coldplay was nominated last year

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Billie Eilish fans should be concerned about longevity.  Her second week sales will take a nosedive.  Album of the Year, my ass!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Ciguanabana is literally the equivalent of “I’m not like the other girls”, but then sports Fiona Apple, a former pop rock star. Additionally the photo from Fetch the Bolt Cutters, which has one of the most repeative lyrics on Replay and On I Go like make it makes sense… call that lazy ? Or is it too intricate?

love both Fiona and FTBC, but you sound like a fucking prick. You don’t have no musical high ground than anyone on this forum baby.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

Ciguanabana is literally the equivalent of “I’m not like the other girls”, but then sports Fiona Apple, a former pop rock star. Additionally the photo from Fetch the Bolt Cutters, which has one of the most repeative lyrics on Replay and On I Go like make it makes sense… call that lazy ? Or is it too intricate? love both Fiona and FTBC, but you sound like a fucking prick. You don’t have no musical high ground than anyone on this forum baby.

to be fair i have never listened to anything even half as good as fetch the bolt cutters

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Billie’s album will be disappeared in a few weeks easily, her numbers are still decent because she still is fresh of the massive success of first era, but the decline with this new era is pretty much blatant, there less interest on her not to mention the recent social media blacklash, nothing really sticked and I think the title track will plummet as well in next weeks like the other singles did, we’ll see if this downfall of popularity will affect her Grammys wise or not.

Regardless, I think the album is a mediocre rehash of first one.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Ciguanabana is literally the equivalent of “I’m not like the other girls”, but then sports Fiona Apple, a former pop rock star. Additionally the photo from Fetch the Bolt Cutters, which has one of the most repeative lyrics on Replay and On I Go like make it makes sense… call that lazy ? Or is it too intricate? love both Fiona and FTBC, but you sound like a fucking prick. You don’t have no musical high ground than anyone on this forum baby.

I’m starting to think some users here are trolls with a hipster persona 🧐

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Me when Coldplay was nominated last year

*the entire world when they popped up in AOTY

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Overall, I’m just worried about the new generation of pop stars. From the 2000s we have so many stars that maintained strong longevity for more than a decade; Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Gaga, Rihanna, Adele, Britney Spears etc.. But recently, the only name that I think is starting to have real longevity is Dua Lipa. Maybe Lizzo if her second era delivers but we’ll see.

Maybe there’s a cultural shift that’s making it harder for newer popstars to maintain longevity.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Billie’s album will be disappeared in a few weeks easily, her numbers are still decent because she still is fresh of the massive success of first era, but the decline with this new era is pretty much blatant, there less interest on her not to mention the recent social media blacklash, nothing really sticked and I think the title track will plummet as well in next weeks like the other singles did, we’ll see if this downfall of popularity will affect her Grammys wise or not. Regardless, I think the album is a mediocre rehash of first one.

It’s weird that her previous album did better on streaming like where did her fans go

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Honey, there is nothing wrong with people liking Fiona Apple or Cardi B, so long as we respect each other.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Some latest updates:

1. Billie debuts to ok numbers(for her standards, for anyone else 238k is huge) and great acclaim (86 metascore with most reviews in). Title track is #2 on USA Apple Music 10 days after release. There is a clear potential here if sent to radio. Longevity of the album as whole remains to be seen.

2.  Doja Cats Planet HER shows great chart longevity. The Album is now doing on par with Olivias SOUR on Billboard 200. This is due to many album tracks rising on their own(due to tik-tok etc). As i said in June, the momentum of Planet HER till Oct. will define its AOTY nom and I see it possible now.

3. Sour is on a great run since release to end the year as the biggest album in consumption, Olivia is a clear lock for AOTY nom to me now.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Overall, I’m just worried about the new generation of pop stars. From the 2000s we have so many stars that maintained strong longevity for more than a decade; Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Gaga, Rihanna, Adele, Britney Spears etc.. But recently, the only name that I think is starting to have real longevity is Dua Lipa. Maybe Lizzo if her second era delivers but we’ll see. Maybe there’s a cultural shift that’s making it harder for newer popstars to maintain longevity.

I have faith in Olivia and Doja, they are having many hits and are also builiding a fan base

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.