Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 634 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Ciguanabana is literally the equivalent of “I’m not like the other girls”, but then sports Fiona Apple, a former pop rock star. Additionally the photo from Fetch the Bolt Cutters, which has one of the most repeative lyrics on Replay and On I Go like make it makes sense… call that lazy ? Or is it too intricate? love both Fiona and FTBC, but you sound like a fucking prick. You don’t have no musical high ground than anyone on this forum baby.

What’s hipster about stanning Taylor Swift? I’ve been a fan of hers for years, long before her current “I’m featuring Phoebe Bridgers” in my album” phase. So take several seats.

And the fact that you are using Relay and On I go as examples just tell me you don’t understand those songs at all.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Overall, I’m just worried about the new generation of pop stars. From the 2000s we have so many stars that maintained strong longevity for more than a decade; Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Gaga, Rihanna, Adele, Britney Spears etc.. But recently, the only name that I think is starting to have real longevity is Dua Lipa. Maybe Lizzo if her second era delivers but we’ll see. Maybe there’s a cultural shift that’s making it harder for newer popstars to maintain longevity.

It’s all cyclical. Hip-hop and hip-hop infused music is kinda immune. It’s been the only genre that’s consistently sold for the last few decades. Outside of Madonna and Janet, there weren’t any huge prototypical pop girlies in the 90s (and those two got big in the 80s). I guess you could count Mariah and Whitney. But a lot of their music in the 90s was very R&B influenced. Shania was of course country leaning. Celine depended a lot on the 35+ demo. The 90s was more R&B and pop-rock dominated for the girlies. And there were a ton of artists in the 90s that had big eras then didn’t do much numbers wise after. It wasn’t until the teen pop era began in the late 90s that we saw a surge in prototypical pop girlies.

Olivia Rodrigo is “pop” (though who knows for her career longterm). Doja Cat is “pop”. And even though I question whether her album can be stable, Billie is still “pop”. The Weeknd is “pop” in a lot of respects or at least his biggest hits have been “pop”. Lil Nas X is pretty much “pop”.

The thing is what is “pop” changes because it’s constantly being influenced by trends in a variety of genres. While bubblegum pop and dance pop have always been up and down as far as mainstream popularity.

Finally, can we please leave Fiona and FTBC out of whatever mess y’all are going on about?

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Leave Ciguanaba alone, he has amazing music taste. 🥰 One of the best posters here.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Some latest updates:

1. Billie debuts to ok numbers(for her standards, for anyone else 238k is huge) and great acclaim (86 metascore with most reviews in). Title track is #2 on USA Apple Music 10 days after release. There is a clear potential here if sent to radio. Longevity of the album as whole remains to be seen.

2. Doja Cats Planet HER shows great chart longevity. The Album is now doing on par with Olivias SOUR on Billboard 200. This is due to many album tracks rising on their own(due to tik-tok etc). As i said in June, the momentum of Planet HER till Oct. will define its AOTY nom and I see it possible now.

3. Sour is on a great run since release to end the year as the biggest album in consumption, Olivia is a clear lock for AOTY nom to me now.

Doja is really here for the long run. I’m so glad she’s getting the success she deserves.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Overall, I’m just worried about the new generation of pop stars. From the 2000s we have so many stars that maintained strong longevity for more than a decade; Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Gaga, Rihanna, Adele, Britney Spears etc.. But recently, the only name that I think is starting to have real longevity is Dua Lipa. Maybe Lizzo if her second era delivers but we’ll see.

Maybe there’s a cultural shift that’s making it harder for newer popstars to maintain longevity.

I think it’s partly because of the streaming era. A large array of music is easily accessible and between the flood of releases, people’s attention span is only getting shorter. Trends change, artists come and go, social media also has a tendency of exaggerating things so you have people like Olivia absolutely blowing tf out of nowhere and some people on the receiving end of the stick because they’re not “cool” anymore.

I still can’t decide if it’s a good thing or not

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

If controversies killed careers like some people on here seem to imply with Billie then Doja Cat wouldn’t be selling so well.

All I can say is that I wish Billie and Finneas would have leaned into rock a little more like with the title track because that fits her really well.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Since Silk Sonic is probably not dropping, AOTY winner Olivia Rodrigo?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Coldplay and BTS have a collab coming?!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

wtf

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Lizzo just confirmed her new single “Rumors” is featuring Cardi B.

WAP 2.0, I fear…

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Bestie you are late. The entire song has already been leaked.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Ciguanabana is literally the equivalent of “I’m not like the other girls”, but then sports Fiona Apple, a former pop rock star. Additionally the photo from Fetch the Bolt Cutters, which has one of the most repeative lyrics on Replay and On I Go like make it makes sense… call that lazy ? Or is it too intricate? love both Fiona and FTBC, but you sound like a fucking prick. You don’t have no musical high ground than anyone on this forum baby.

Ciguanaba is about to enter his reputation era

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Lizzo just confirmed her new single “Rumors” is featuring Cardi B. WAP 2.0, I fear…

Tony and Gaga are done it seems!

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Tony and Gaga are done it seems!

There is a large possibility the song isn’t pop.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.