Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 634 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Bestie you are late. The entire song has already been leaked.

The whole WHOLE song??!

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Lizzo just confirmed her new single “Rumors” is featuring Cardi B. WAP 2.0, I fear…

Pdgp lock

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

The whole WHOLE song??!

Yes the whole WHOLE song. It leaked last month.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

What’s hipster about stanning Taylor Swift? I’ve been a fan of hers for years, long before her current “I’m featuring Phoebe Bridgers” in my album” phase. So take several seats. And the fact that you are using Relay and On I go as examples just tell me you don’t understand those songs at all.

I never said anything about Taylor Swift love… and I do understand the effects of Relay and On I Go as mantras. Rather you sound dumb as shit for getting on peoples ass by being condescending to many people for liking…. music on this forum? I’m confused. Anyways, im going to start talking about the Grammys because clearly you are here to stir up drama….

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Since Silk Sonic is probably not dropping, AOTY winner Olivia Rodrigo?

I wouldn’t underestimate Foo Fighters

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Love again remix ft Elton John most likely happening. Here is your new bpdg Dua entry. Now everyone can replace levitating.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Ciguanaba is about to enter his reputation era

I’m cackling and growing fangs

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Love again remix ft Elton John most likely happening. Here is your new bpdg Dua entry. Now everyone can replace levitating.

This would be a real CHOICE for Dua to submit. Elton has NEVER been a Grammy favorite.

Only 4 wins. Not even his mega smash Oscar-winning classic “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” was able to win SFVM 💀

Just 2 years ago, his song from Rocketman was not nominated in SFVM, despite it being the front runner for all film awards Song categories and ended up winning the Oscar.

Still stand by “Levitating (Remix)” still being her only smart choice for that category.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I never said anything about Taylor Swift love… and I do understand the effects of Relay and On I Go as mantras. Rather you sound dumb as shit for getting on peoples ass by being condescending to many people for liking…. music on this forum? I’m confused. Anyways, im going to start talking about the Grammys because clearly you are here to stir up drama….

then if you understand the nature of those songs as mantras, why are you likening their repetitive nature to a pop chorus? And please don’t resort to calling me dumb or a prick, I always like to keep it civil humming ON I GO to myself while whale sounds play in surround sound.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

then if you understand the effect of those songs as mantras, why are you likening their repetitive nature to a pop chorus?

while both use repetition, pop music is SUPPOSE to appeal to an immediate urge… repetition appeals to that urge to make it dancable and we’ll-known, but it doesn’t make it stale because they borrow from other accessible genres.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

while both use repetition, pop music is SUPPOSE to appeal to an immediate urge… repetition appeals to that urge to make it dancable and we’ll-known, but it doesn’t make it stale because they borrow from other accessible genres.

yes but the repetition in relay/on I go do not follow that principle. in fact they are the opposite. and I never said pop was stale, I said performance style and lyrics are different beasts in pop than in many other genres.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Just announced that Cardi is on Lizzo’s lead single Rumours, I assumed it was a solo song!

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

The whole industry is dropping collabs 💀

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Lizzo x Cardi better be a banger.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Nas is getting an INSANE amount of praise and love for Kings Disease Part 2. The album is currently at 98 on metacritic and if Rolling Stone and Pitchfork give him favorable reviews he could top out in the 92-95 range. Which should be enough to make KD2 the most critically acclaimed Hip Hop album of the Grammy eligibility period.

This should DEFINITELY ensure Nas claims not only his second Grammy nom for Best Rap Album but his FIRST General Field nom for AOTY. I’d be STOKED if that happens

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 634 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.