Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 953 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
naveand24
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

There’s not much time left. Curious to see who drops an album in time.

My only guess is Drake.

Without having even heard it, I predict Lizzo & Cardi B’s “Rumors” for a nom in ROTY. It would have to suck and bomb pretty badly in order not to make it.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Drake is NOT dropping in time.

Profile picture
    Religion
    Topics:

Silk Sonic, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Lil Nas X still have time to drop before the deadline but I hope none of them do

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

45k-55k is okay for Nas but i expect a little more like 70k.

The first Kings Disease album debuted at Number 5 last year with 47k.

Kings Disease part 2 could do better due to the incredible word of mouth, critical acclaim, and the fact that guest features such as Eminem and and a resurgent Lauryn Hill have rabid fanbases that are streaming their respective songs on streaming services. Kings Disease 1 was number 1 on itunes, but KD2 is currently number 1 on itunes, Apple Music (streaming), Amazon music (streaming) AND most importantly Spotify (the mother of all streaming services)

I’d say the super optimistic prediction would be 65k and the realistic prediction would be 55k. Both numbers are respectable and would be an improvement on KD1’s performance

Most importantly for Nas’s AOTY chances is the critical acclaim. The album is currently sitting at 96 on Metacritic, making it tied with a little album you might have heard of titled To Pimp A Butterfly for the most critically acclaimed Rap album of all time. If Rolling Stone and Pitchfork, who have historically hated Nas, give him the reviews he DESERVES with this one, he could either stay at that score or top out around 90-92, which is STILL good enough to be the highest rated rap album of the year.

Given Nas’s status as one of the greatest MC’s to ever live, continued mainstream relevance THIRTY YEARS into his career, and the genuine love the album is receiving, this could most certainly be his “4:44” year, where a rap veteran is honored with an AOTY nomination for a late stage resurgence. Also because it seems Kendrick Lamar won’t make it during this eligibility period and nobody knows what the HELL is going on with Kanye; Nas is the best choice to represent Hip Hop as an “artform” in the General Field. This is really the best time for a straight vote to get him in.

I can also see him garnering several genre award noms including a Best Rap Album repeat (a no brainer) Best Rap Song (Nobody with Lauryn Hill) Best Rap Performance (EPMD with Grammy favorite Eminem or Sorry Not Sorry with Jay-Z)

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

I can see Lil Nas X dropping last minute, but I’m starting to doubt Silk Sonic

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

The album is currently sitting at 96 on Metacritic, making it tied with a little album you might have heard of titled To Pimp A Butterfly for the most critically acclaimed Rap album of all time

This is more of a reflection of it having 6 reviews than anything else.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

If Kanye keeps delaying his album, he might end up clashing with Drake’s release and that would be very fun ngl

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

whether its 6 reviews or 60. Its still a point towards Nas for quality. Those 6 reviews could have trashed it. Instead its praise. It all helps in the end

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Pretty good start since his previous few albums are nowhere near that.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Sadly, this is true. I’d wait a couple of days until the more snobbish outlets start panning reviewing the album to weigh its chances.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Who is winning AOTY ?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Sadly, this is true. I’d wait a couple of days until the more snobbish outlets start panning reviewing the album to weigh its chances.

Tbh I’m still expecting Nas’ album to be in the 90 range after all reviews come in. Hopefully..

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

There’s not much time left. Curious to see who drops an album in time. My only guess is Drake. Without having even heard it, I predict Lizzo & Cardi B’s “Rumors” for a nom in ROTY. It would have to suck and bomb pretty badly in order not to make it.

so two roty for cardi? she is def in with wap. what a year she had i hope she release her album after giving birth for next years grammys

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

i think j cole is taking the rap spot

here is my prediction for aoty

1-h.e.r (win)

2-silk sonic (i think they’re releasing before deadline)

3-chris stapleton

4-olivia rodrigo

5-foo fighters

6-billie

7-j cole

8- bieber

3 pop albums, 1 rap album, 1 rock album, 1 country album, 2 rnb album

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 953 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.