Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 953 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
naveand
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Orville Peck will NOT be competitive for a nomination in Best New Artist.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Congratulations to our Album of the Year Winner!!! star-crossed Kacey Musgraves!!!!

The trailer looks amazing! My queen is coming back to save Grammys 2022. 🙂

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

I hope Billie Eilish and Rosalia can be nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Y’all the amount of love Kacey is receiving is immense. She couldn’t be releasing at a more proper time! The bitch is striking hard! I also think she’ll debut the actual single on the 10th along with the album and film! Also I’m pretty sure this will be it for contenders 2022. Adele is never releasing, Beyoncé is busy with Tiffany’s. And I highly doubt y’all want Kendrick going head to head with this trio of AOTY winners(Taylor, Kacey And Billie) Olivia is also a solidified front runner! Women in music are just slaying the fuck out of the men!!!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Ik we talk about hypotheticals (A vs. B), but who would win AOTY if it was against Beyoncé and Kendrick? My money is Beyoncé

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra
    2020: After Hours ~ The Weeknd
    2019: Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
    2018: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides ~ SOPHIE
    2017: Melodrama ~ Lorde
    2016: Blonde ~ Frank Ocean
    2015: To Pimp A Butterfly ~ Kendrick Lamar
    2014: To Be Kind ~ Swans
    2013: Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk
    2012: The Money Store ~ Death Grips
    2011: Helplessness Blues ~ Fleet Foxes
    2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ~ Kanye West

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Ik we talk about hypotheticals (A vs. B), but who would win AOTY if it was against Beyoncé and Kendrick? My money is Beyoncé

Beyoncé. She has broader appeal and I think the reverence for her extends into many, many demographics. Of course there’s also the possibility that they both lose since the overdue factor has not seemed to work on them before.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Neither. She has to be going up against somebody who isn’t more overdue than her. Kendrick has lost AOTY 4 times

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Beyoncé

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Beyoncé would easily win AOTY over Kendrick Lamar.  Beyoncé is considered long overdue.  However, Kendrick Lamar makes better albums than Beyoncé.

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

Beyonce is coming in September.

AOTY - Back Of My Mind/DONDA

Academy Award For Best Original Song 2022 - "Be Alive" by Beyonce

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Beyonce is coming in September.

Source?

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I highly doubt y’all want Kendrick going head to head with this trio of AOTY winners(Taylor, Kacey And Billie) Olivia is also a solidified front runner! Women in music are just slaying the fuck out of the men!!!

Kendrick could actually win easily against them right now considering those ones are all recent winners and there’s no need to reward them with another AOTY already anytime soon.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Kendrick could actually win easily against them right now considering those ones are all recent winners and there’s no need to reward them with another AOTY already anytime soon.

That might be how fans think but it isn’t how the voters will think. Kendricks problem with winning is that he doesn’t have much cross-genre appeal and the rap voters aren’t strong enough to carry him to the win, especially against Kacey, Olivia, Billie, or Taylor

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Kendricks problem with winning is that he doesn’t have much cross-genre appeal

AKA he’s a Black artist who makes Urban/Rap music. On the contrary, Kendrick has dabbled in many fields: Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop, Rock… he should be considered a cross genre artist.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

That might be how fans think but it isn’t how the voters will think. Kendricks problem with winning is that he doesn’t have much cross-genre appeal and the rap voters aren’t strong enough to carry him to the win, especially against Kacey, Olivia, Billie, or Taylor

I agree sadly. OutKast won Album Of The Year with a rap album but mostly due to including a variety of influences from other genres (mostly pop). It was also massively acclaimed and was considered a very impactful record, and although we know Kendrick can deliver on that he’s already had 2 opportunities to win with highly acclaimed albums and still lost to more mainstream music.

That said, Beyoncé could win but only if competition is incredibly weak, which is usually NOT the case.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 953 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.