Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 946 through 953 (of 953 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
lipabridgerst..
naveand24
  • Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Not 3, it’s 2. “1 step forward” was an actual sample, it wasn’t added because it was “too similar”

Ok, I said three based off of the variety report.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I’m not expecting the “most popular overall” to be the top 8. I’m expecting the most loved/respected from each genre. Basically the Fiona and Brittany Howard types that got blocked from the general field last year.

The problem is that I don’t see “niche” artists in the same position as Fiona or Brittany were last year: relevance, acclaim, buzz, narrative, industry respect. Maybe a St. Vincent would count. There’s an outside chance she makes it, not that I want her to make it. But I’m thinking at least five spots are gonna be taken by mainstream, big selling artists.

I’m not seeing much “controversy” with the Olivia stuff, only reporting. Are people saying that she stole the song or something? Either way, I hardly think this is gonna have any effect when it comes to the Grammys. The fact that so many feel the need to report that a basic pop/soft rock album had a couple of samples and some additional song-writing highlights what a big year she’s had and how big the album is.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Cardi’s album is now predicted in the spring. So looks like no ‘WAP’ this year, and I’m really disappointed.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Cardi’s album is now predicted in the spring. So looks like no ‘WAP’ this year, and I’m really disappointed.

Spring is so far!! When/where did people say Spring?

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Wish meg would of put WAP on good news!

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I wonder if ‘Up’ will still get nominated, since it’s eligible. Maybe in Rap Song/Performance, not sure if it’s big enough for ROTY/SOTY but who knows.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Good News (Deluxe Edition)!!

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

She really should have. Maybe if it was a joint song rather than a feature, she’d have done it. Having said that though, Dua put ‘Prisoner’ on Future Nostalgia Moonlight Edition despite just being a feature so I don’t really know how it works.

Suppose there’s still time for Meg to drop an EP before September 30th with ‘Thot Shit’, some new songs and WAP – although that wouldn’t really make sense since Good News came out after WAP anyway!

Damn, WAP really is the one that got away. Would’ve easily sweeped the rap categories, a strong contender for BMV, and a strong chance in ROTY/SOTY.

Viewing 8 posts - 946 through 953 (of 953 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.