Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 575 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand
JennyLewisFan
Ziggiy
  • Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Get real! He was definitely blocked by the BRP with MBDTF. And prior to 2010 he had received consecutive Album Of The Year nominations for his first 3 albums. Donda may not even be close to any of Kanye’s previous work, but it was a highly anticipated comeback that will most likely bring in a lot of buzz in the coming weeks leading up to the first round voting. Can other rap albums make it too? Of course they can, but it doesn’t help that most feel forgotten at this point. We’d have to see what gives with Drake’s new album.

I agree he got blocked by the BRP for MBDTF. That was an atrocious snub. Not only should he have been nominated for AOTY. He should have WON.

Donda however is another story entirely

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I feel like WAP is most likely getting an exception for just being WAP, curious about potential paths for the album version of Levitating to compete, didn’t Irreplaceable get nominated after B’Day won the previous year?

Good point but I think back then the rules were just for the genre not the General field. If that rule is still into play then Levitating -album version is eligible in Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

We talk about Pop nominees in the general field all the time. Shut up.

Because they are relevant to the predictions, this Kanye conversation isn’t

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Tomorrow we enter the final month of Grammy eligibility. Can’t believe how fast it’s gone tbh – crazy to think today would’ve been the last day for eligibility if they still used the old rules!

Three potential frontrunners are set to drop their albums this month (Drake, Lil Nas X & Kacey). Plus we’ve got rumors of Beyoncé dropping, and maybe even Kendrick.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

When Beyoncé drops on the last Friday of eligibility and sweeps…

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

I think this would be the better outcome, in terms of general satisfaction. The majority of people love her.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

We’d love to see it. Beyoncé better come through!!

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Because they are relevant to the predictions, this Kanye conversation isn’t

And how is the Kanye/Cole/Tyler discussion not relevant to the predictions? They’re literally discussing who they think is more likely to get into AOTY of the three. Just because you personally think no rap albums are getting into AOTY without a panel doesn’t mean everyone else has to.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I think this would be the better outcome, in terms of general satisfaction. The majority of people love her.

Hopefully her cross-genre support is enough this time to uphold it towards a victory. She might finally win.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Idk call me crazy but I can see the leftover love from The Weeknd resulting in a Record of the Year nom for “Hurricane”. It’s going to be the commercial juggernaut off Donda. Hopefully that’s his ROTY/SOTY submission if he decides to go a different route in the genre category.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Tomorrow we enter the final month of Grammy eligibility. Can’t believe how fast it’s gone tbh – crazy to think today would’ve been the last day for eligibility if they still used the old rules!

Three potential frontrunners are set to drop their albums this month (Drake, Lil Nas X & Kacey). Plus we’ve got rumors of Beyoncé dropping, and maybe even Kendrick.

MONTERO too.

Wow, September is packed.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Idk call me crazy but I can see the leftover love from The Weeknd resulting in a Record of the Year nom for “Hurricane”. It’s going to be the commercial juggernaut off Donda. Hopefully that’s his ROTY/SOTY submission if he decides to go a different route in the genre category.

oddly enough its looking like Jail featuring Jay-Z is almost a lock to debut at number 1 next week on the Billboard 100 and Hurricane is going to debut at number 5.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Hopefully her cross-genre support is enough this time to uphold it towards a victory. She might finally win.

Hypothetically, between Beyonce and Kendrick who do you feel has the edge?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Hypothetically, between Beyonce and Kendrick who do you feel has the edge?

Beyoncé 🙂

She has more than enough cross-genre support. She’s had a Rock nomination, Pop win/nominations, and recently wins in the Rap field. 

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

oddly enough its looking like Jail featuring Jay-Z is almost a lock to debut at number 1 next week on the Billboard 100 and Hurricane is going to debut at number 5.

Hurricane will have the longer lasting impact I feel.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 575 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.