Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 576 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
JennyLewisFan
Ziggiy
  • Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Tyler can make it into AOTY if he’s willing to promote/campaign. People loved his album right away and it has a lot of interesting/meaningful features. He’s been around for a decade. He has fans outside of the rap block. He just has to work for it a bit.

He’s got the best chance of any rapper currently in the running. If Kendrick doesn’t drop i’d honestly say he should be the number 1 contender. Like you said a bit of promoting/campaigning won’t hurt at all.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The Chromatica remix > Chromatica

although I am underwhelmed by Arca’s song. It was just Time + Rain On Me and nothing really .

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Fernando Coelho
    Topics:

There´s no metacritic score yet and I don´t think there’ll be at all. Club Future Nostalgia debuted on metacritic on the same day that was out, so I’m not understand tha lack of reviews. Anyway, it´s a great album, do u guys think it´s going to be nominated for something? (I think that Gaga can submit in Best Dance Song and Album and Best Remix)

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

The Chromatica remix > Chromatica although I am underwhelmed by Arca’s song. It was just Time + Rain On Me and nothing really .

Thanks and that’s really so nice to know 🤍

I share the same sentiments.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

There´s no metacritic score yet and I don´t think there’ll be at all. Club Future Nostalgia debuted on metacritic on the same day that was out, so I’m not understand tha lack of reviews. Anyway, it´s a great album, do u guys think it´s going to be nominated for something? (I think that Gaga can submit in Best Dance Song and Album and Best Remix)

Only two reviews up to metacritic were made. I thought Pitchfork would revirw it since they did BTW Reimagined.

I think the album is only eligible to remix recording and possible one of the mixes to Dance Recording (if they even make a single out of the this is possible), but it would be kind of a fraud tbh. Also full remix albums are not eligible for Dance/Electronic Albums according to the most recent guidelines. Maybe they find some breaches or loopholes to submit it in more categories, who knows.

Oh and yes, I love the album and am streaming right now.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

The eligibility period is almost over.

Any big release slated for end of the month ?

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

i’ve been following olivia’s charts and it’s amazing, i could make a lot of lists of things she was the first artist in 10 or 15 years to do without being Adele or Taylor. Olivia has arrived at the stability place in the charts that only the two biggest female artists in aoty have made it this century. Taylor (3 aotys) Adele (2 aotys). it’s insane, Billie managed to be big but Olivia is bigger.

I love your analysis a lot. IDK, can I suggest to not always compare Olivia to Billie if not necessary? Especially using phrases that undermine Billie’s hard earned success like “Billie managed to be big”.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

NOTHING is a lock. Last year showed this.

Olivia is successful, we all been knew, but success is one of many factors. Right now, I am actually not feeling her in ROTY/SOTY if drivers license is her submission. That song fizzled out REALLY fast, and g4u has now completely overshadowed it.

Not to mention, in ROTY she will be competing against Billie and Bruno, who are both 2x winners of that category.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

My ranking of Olivia’s best chances:

Best New Artist (closest to an l-word we have this season)
    -BARRIER-
    Pop Solo Performance
    Pop Vocal Album
    -BARRIER-
    Album of the Year
    Record/Song of the Year

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

At this point, I think Olivia is likely to win AOTY. I don’t see them giving it to Billie Eilish so soon, even though HTE is a great album.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

NOTHING is a lock. Last year showed this. Olivia is successful, we all been knew, but success is one of many factors. Right now, I am actually not feeling her in ROTY/SOTY if drivers license is her submission. That song fizzled out REALLY fast, and g4u has now completely overshadowed it. Not to mention, in ROTY she will be competing against Billie and Bruno, who are both 2x winners of that category.

How did last year show NOTHING is a lock? Taylor Swift won AOTY and I don’t know any sensible person who actually thought she wasn’t a lock for a nomination the moment the album was released

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/100gecs/status/1434954761715929091?s=20

Hide your faves, 100 gecs is coming

… wouldn’t it be funny if they actually got a nomination

My Favourite Albums

Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides - SOPHIE

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest

Vespertine - Bjork

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

How did last year show NOTHING is a lock? Taylor Swift won AOTY and I don’t know any sensible person who actually thought she wasn’t a lock for a nomination the moment the album was released

Well considering the pages upon pages of repetitive discourse on whether or not she would be blocked from AOTY, she clearly wasn’t a widely accepted lock. I agree that the reviews mixed with success and quarantine narrative would have made her a lock if her name wasn’t Taylor Swift and she hadn’t already won twice.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Anyway… I’m convinced at this point “drivers license” might win everything its nominated for probably excluding Record of the Year. Pop Solo and Song of the Year seem like locks at this point and, to me, she’s the only deserving so far.

so she will send G4U for pop solo

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 576 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.