Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 576 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
JennyLewisFan
Ziggiy
  • Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

I love your analysis a lot. IDK, can I suggest to not always compare Olivia to Billie if not necessary? Especially using phrases that undermine Billie’s hard earned success like “Billie managed to be big”.

we’re not on twitter, the comparisons don’t have negative meanings for the artists billie is still amazing, but we’re talking about Sour being the most stable female pop album since 25, 1989 and 21.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

My ranking of Olivia’s best chances: Best New Artist (closest to an l-word we have this season) -BARRIER- Pop Solo Performance Pop Vocal Album -BARRIER- Album of the Year Record/Song of the Year

Sour is being consumed by the public as a complete product, it’s not like a compilation of hits that make the previous ones forget, Drivers License left the Hot 100 because the label pulled the song off the platform because Olivia already had another 2 top 10 on pop radio, but if you go back a few days before Kanye and Drake you’ll see DL in the daily top 100 on AM US and Spotify

I strongly believe in Olivia’s potential, 2021 is to Olivia what 2015 was to Taylor or 2011 was to Adele and 2019 was to Billie. It remains to be seen whether 2022 will be as good for Olivia as 2016, 2012 and 2020 were for Taylor, Adele and Billie.

Profile picture
    Lfs
    Topics:

RE:

My ranking of Olivia’s best chances:

Best New Artist (closest to an l-word we have this season)
    -BARRIER-
    Pop Solo Performance
    Pop Vocal Album
    -BARRIER-
    Album of the Year
    Record/Song of the Year

My Ranking

1) BNA    (Best New Artist)
    2) BPVA (Best Pop Vocal Album)
    3) BPSP (Best Pop Solo Performance)
    4) SOTY (Song of the Year)
    5) AOTY (Album of the Year)
    6) ROTY (Record of the Year)

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

The only thing I could see Billie winning this year is AOTY but then again I don’t even see her winning that. I know she’s Billie Eilish but I don’t see her being successful this award season.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Well considering the pages upon pages of repetitive discourse on whether or not she would be blocked from AOTY, she clearly wasn’t a widely accepted lock. I agree that the reviews mixed with success and quarantine narrative would have made her a lock if her name wasn’t Taylor Swift and she hadn’t already won twice.

I haven’t really seen it but I’m going to venture a guess and say that, that discourse was mostly by people who didn’t want her to happen because of personal preferences and not because of yk, logic. Lots of people here clearly don’t realise that your personal preferences shouldn’t dictate your nominations. folklore was a lock the moment it was released because of her name and the reception it got, both critically and commercially.

Winning was a different matter though. Most people were still hung up on a Weeknd sweep and even after the noms, FN vs folk was a legit debate. Considering FN won BPVA, I’m going to assume folklore won by a razor thin margin.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

LOL. It was fucking OBVIOUS from the get go 😂😂

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

The eligibility period is almost over.

Any big release slated for end of the month ?

Hopefully another single from Gaga and Tony 🥰

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Hopefully another single from Gaga and Tony 🥰

YES IKTR.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I haven’t really seen it but I’m going to venture a guess and say that, that discourse was mostly by people who didn’t want her to happen because of personal preferences and not because of yk, logic. Lots of people here clearly don’t realise that your personal preferences shouldn’t dictate your nominations. folklore was a lock the moment it was released because of her name and the reception it got, both critically and commercially. Winning was a different matter though. Most people were still hung up on a Weeknd sweep and even after the noms, FN vs folk was a legit debate. Considering FN won BPVA, I’m going to assume folklore won by a razor thin margin.

There were some Swifties that thought she might get blocked or feared it. It was very unlikely considering the sales, acclaim, narrative and that it had been enough albums since she competed in AOTY.

As far as “last year proves no one is a lock” thing, it’s really difficult to continue using last year to make sense of this year. Last year was a very unusual year for a multitude of reasons. We also don’t have the BRP any longer.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

You know, we might just be thinking in the wrong direction. I think the nominations might just be more Jacob Collier type, people that they actually know and like, presumably.

Drake might just rightfully get snubbed.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I need to see a better argument against Billie, because the “they wouldn’t give her a second one so soon” argument isn’t a good one. She won ROTY back-to-back, the Grammys do not care about too soon if that’s who they want to win.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Fancy Like is now a top 10 hit….

Need country voters snobbiness to come through and ensure this atrocity gets zero nominations!

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I don’t know if anyone saw this but last week’s “GRAMMY Rewind” video featured Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis’ POTY 1987 speech.

Could this be hinting anything?

FYC:

Album of the Year: "Call Me If You Get Lost" by Tyler, The Creator
    Record of the Year: "WAP" by Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Fancy Like is now a top 10 hit…. Need country voters snobbiness to come through and ensure this atrocity gets zero nominations!

If this atrocity can steal all of M*rgan W*llen’s nominations, I’ll take it!

FYC:

Album of the Year: "Call Me If You Get Lost" by Tyler, The Creator
    Record of the Year: "WAP" by Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 576 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.