Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 576 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
JennyLewisFan
Ziggiy
  • Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Beyoncé has downright stollen countless of songs yet she is the most awarded female artist in Grammy history. You clowns are reaching yet again. Olivia will be fine. The girl wrote her whole damn debut album. You bitches be creaming over Billie Eyelash writing Wwwfataksnndgyysc at a slumber party with her brother. This entire thing is irrelevant.

WTF? Beyoncé credits all the people she samples unlike Olivia who waits until the last minute

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

The Grammys removed the one thing that saved their “ceremony” from being utterly laughable for someone who didn’t care if they did. Talk about dumb.

the only thing we wanted was more transparency on voting. they could have kept the committee in the GF and remove the genre ones only.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Beyoncé has downright stollen countless of songs yet she is the most awarded female artist in Grammy history. You clowns are reaching yet again. Olivia will be fine. The girl wrote her whole damn debut album. You bitches be creaming over Billie Eyelash writing Wwwfataksnndgyysc at a slumber party with her brother. This entire thing is irrelevant.

Honey, let’s face it. The only reason you relentlessly come here to trash on some artists is because they somehow represent competiton to your favorites. However, this is NOT stan twitter, it’s a predictions forum.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I’m not going to miss the committee, the people who get the most votes should be nominated

Profile picture
    SalmonellaSand
    Topics:

the only thing we wanted was more transparency on voting. they could have kept the committee in the GF and remove the genre ones only.

do you think it also would’ve been good if they released who was on the committees after the votes were counted so they weren’t like mysterious overlords?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m not going to miss the committee, the people who get the most votes should be nominated

Like it did when Tony Bennett of all people won Album of the Year back in the 90’s, right?

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I can see Lil Nas missing the genre nod but getting in AOTY because Pop Vocal seems so stacked.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

do you think it also would’ve been good if they released who was on the committees after the votes were counted so they weren’t like mysterious overlords?

yes, at least to have an idea of who is deciding the top 8 contenders and what is their relationship with the music industry or the RA. i would have also liked if they released the top 20 of all GF categories to have an idea who made it and rule out re-eligible future contenders.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

ABBA coming for aoty

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, it depends on how well Lil Nas X’s album performs.  There is a chance he misses Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Can anyone please tell me what makes you choose to put Jasmine in the AOTY lineup instead of Tyler or Doja? I enjoyed Jasmine’s album but I don’t see that much hype around it, and the other 2 projects seem kinda everywhere to me. Thank you 🙂

Basically due to the hype around the album. (Heaux Tales) She has a strong narrative as she is much anticipated to finally win her first Grammy. (after over 12 nominations)

Her recent AOTY win in the BET Awards; which doesn’t necessarily translate to the Grammys but might (hopefully) indicate there is some sort of ‘support’ around her and the album.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I like the idea of keeping the nominees interesting and diverse and making sure they don’t lean too heavily in one genre or entirely reflect the mainstream and big selling. But they simply went too far with the BRP. I believe that the top five vote-getters should have automatically gotten in. While the panel should have decided the last three spots in the gf categories. And they should only be able to pick from the rest of the top 20 vote-getters, no write-in nonsense. That system would’ve kept things diverse and unpredictable enough while also assuring that the nominees reflected the entire academy, and it would’ve limited the chances of potential corruption. The BRP was a decent idea. The execution was off.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Can the mods please add Kacey to the pc already?..

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Can anyone please tell me what makes you choose to put Jasmine in the AOTY lineup instead of Tyler or Doja? I enjoyed Jasmine’s album but I don’t see that much hype around it, and the other 2 projects seem kinda everywhere to me. Thank you 🙂

With Silk Sonic gone, it has a chance at being the most supported R&B album at the ceremony. I imagine that’s the logic. This has also been a career year for Jazmine.

H.E.R. has the most cross genre appeal/industry connections and has always been supported by R&B voters. BUT her album was kinda disappointing. There’s also a scenario where both make it into the general field in some capacity.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves x MTV VMAs

Interscope Records I love you

FYC:

*Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Pop Solo Performance: "positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Country Solo Performance: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Country Song: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Rap Album: "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST" by Tyler, The Creator
    *Best R&B Song: "Good Days" by SZA & Jacob Collier

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 576 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.