Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 662 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
TomJerry
Rich Thot
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Side note: I just watched some of the VMA performances and have been laughing all day. These things always crack me up. They have not changed one bit.

I will say core R&B hits like Normani’s are a breath of fresh air because it’s usually the overtly poppity pop pop tracks. She and Cardi might be a lock for R&B Performance but that category seems to get weirder each year.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Side note: I just watched some of the VMA performances and have been laughing all day. These things always crack me up. They have not changed one bit.

I will say core R&B hits like Normani’s are a breath of fresh air because it’s usually the overtly poppity pop pop tracks. She and Cardi might be a lock for R&B Performance but that category seems to get weirder each year.

Sadly Normani doesn’t seem to stand a chance. I can’t see her getting more votes than HER, Jazmine, SZA, Silk Sonic or hell even Doja anywhere.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Sadly Normani doesn’t seem to stand a chance. I can’t see her getting more votes than HER, Jazmine, SZA, Silk Sonic or hell even Doja anywhere.

She’ll get there. I’m just glad “Motivation” wasn’t the nail in the coffin for her. That’s the joy.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

CLB is ass but without bundles it still sold 600k in its first week and beat enough records to land an AOTY nomination.

I’ll have Drake taking the “blockbuster slot” over Morgan Wallen any day.

FYC:

Album of the Year: "star-crossed" by Kacey Musgraves
    Record of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Both are coming for a nomination. They aren’t in competition with each other at all within the voter base so idk how one doing well relates to the other.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Did you skip point 1?

“Therefore I Am,” whatever eligible version of “Levitating,” a possible Doja entry and even “MONTERO” imo have better chances. That’s what I was referring to by point 1.

“Better records” is subjective, so your opinion. And besides Billie none of those people are bigger Grammy darlings than either of the SS members.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

same. Wallen needs to go back to his rock and far far away fromthe grammys

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

I probably dislike ”Leave The Door Open” more than anyone else but I know it’s probably not smart to disregard its chances of winning everything.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Billie is NOT winning AOTY…

I feel like AOTY (and this is just me probably) is Kacey or Olivia or Billie. Thats just my gut feeling but I’m thinking Kacey’s to lose as of now

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Both are coming for a nomination. They aren’t in competition with each other at all within the voter base so idk how one doing well relates to the other.

Drake getting nominated for having a massive album automcatically decreases Morgan (or anyone’s) chances by 1/8.

FYC:

Album of the Year: "star-crossed" by Kacey Musgraves
    Record of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Is the Morgan Wallen album even any good? Like, undeniably good?

Like, how’s he still in the conversation this long? His long run at #1 was clearly because of the controversy and America’s hidden racists supporting their boy. Obviously they got tired eventually but boy do those folks know how to support their own. YUCK.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

“Better records” is subjective, so your opinion. And besides Billie none of those people are bigger Grammy darlings than either of the SS members.

Well, I’ll just have to leave it at that—a gut feeling. I just have a really strong feeling it wouldn’t win Record of the Year specifically. I mean I had the same feeling about “Blinding Lights” last year. I could be wrong this time.

It’s obviously frontrunner in Traditional R&B, no doubt.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Is the Morgan Wallen album even any good? Like, undeniably good?

Like, how’s he still in the conversation this long? His long run at #1 was clearly because of the controversy and America’s hidden racists supporting their boy. Obviously they got tired eventually but boy do those folks know how to support their own. YUCK.

His long run was because the album is over 30 songs long.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Well there’s that, but I doubt Morgan was popular enough to bring people back every week for just his “talent” or whatever. I mean, some longer albums don’t even see the light of day I guess? Always assumed racists supporting racists was the reason. Guess I was wrong.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

No, people definitely just really liked his album. Even before it dropped, he managed to score a top 10 debut on the Hot 100, which is extremely rare for country songs.

As for quality… he doesn’t make the most innovative music ever but it’s just basic yeehaw bro country. He does have a couple of great songs, namely 7 Summers.

I’m not shocked by his success. He makes very accesible country music for pop audiences. That said, his music is closer to Florida Georgia Line than Kacey Musgraves; I don’t expect the Grammys to love him, even ignoring the controversy. He’d still likely get 3 noms max.

Speaking of Morgan, weird how FAST the industry moved on from the whole racist incident. You take a look at his IG and you see him singing with Luke Bryan and Eric Church, or comments from people like Thomas Rhett, Carly Pearce and even Jimmie Allen. I wonder if the Grammys (who admittedly are more PC than the country industry as a whole) will follow suit.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.