Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 662 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
Rich Thot
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

All snippets from Montero are very good. The promotion is amazing, aesthetics are beautiful and for sure he will campaign hard. If he gets good reviews and album makes good results on sales and streaming, I think he will be one of the front runners for Album of the year.

Lil Nas X already has a couple hits under his album. If it does become successful similarly to PLANET HER, he can surprise. (in album categories)

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Current combined odds AOTY

1. Sour

2. Happier Than Ever

3. Evermore

4. Montero

5. Positions

6. Good News

7. Back of my Mind

8. Planet HER

stans really log on, ruin the combined odds, and never even bother to at least update their predictions. hilarious stuff

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Ariana is not happening in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

MONTERO is already out for me in the UK. I’m about over halfway through the album and I’ve skimmed the rest, and it’s not terrible but nothing special imo…

All I’ll say is, I wouldn’t bet on this being nominated in any album categories. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not terrible, just nothing special. But that’s my opinion anyway.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

no lol I mean I wouldn’t dance to that Yeezus beat but Believe What I Say is up there as a better container.

where is evermore under your favorite albums?!!!! 😡

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Who is really the frontrunner for AOTY this year?

Sour and Happier Than Ever lead the odds to win.

I wonder if there might be any obscure choices by the academy in AOTY this time, it’ll be kind of boring if the noms end up matching most of the GoldDerby expectations. I think Lana Del Rey, Bo Burnham, Arlo Parks, Wolf Alice, Bruce Springsteen, St. Vincent, Paul McCartney and Floating Points could upset as one of those unexpected spots.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

MONTERO is already out for me in the UK. I’m about over halfway through the album and I’ve skimmed the rest, and it’s not terrible but nothing special imo… All I’ll say is, I wouldn’t bet on this being nominated in any album categories. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not terrible, just nothing special. But that’s my opinion anyway.

I wonder why people actually felt it was gonna be something major. Lil Nas X is yet another teen popstar, and not even the good kind. He’s basically Katy Perry 2.0 with some slightly less appealing hits.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

The new Lil Nas X release by the way is NOT bad.

His producers did appreciably well, in my opinion. In terms of lyricism, it does fall flat quite often. Performance-wise, he needs some work too. But the general vibe ain’t bad at all, but not “OMG, the next Radiohead???”

I feel, with this record, he’s really establishing his POP sound, becoming more and more a POPSTAR by the day, and that’s really cool by me. I like that he sounds like he knows what he wants. This project is nowhere near “pRoGrEsSiVe R&B” or any other genre. Should be submitted straight to pop.

It’s around a 6.7 out of 10 for me right now, I might make a more in-depth review later. HUGE step up from that debut nightmare of an EP. Really wishing him the best in his career.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

On this note, officially adding Lil Nas X to the following:

1. Album of the Year and Pop Vocal Album for MONTERO.

2. Record of the Year for “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name).” Pop Solo Performance seems a bit insulting given that the category is labelled “performance” and all, but I don’t doubt he’d get in there as well.

3. Possible Melodic Rap for “INDUSTRY BABY” with Jack Harlow.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Montero is about what I expected: uninspired but listenable pop-rap music. Once you remove the visuals and persona, there just isn’t a lot of fun to had. I knew Lil Nas’ monotone vocals and the lyrics were probably be mostly meh. But I did expect bigger, catchier hooks or more interesting production, and the album didn’t deliver on that front. It ain’t good but not as bad as his EP. That’s the best I can give it.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

where is evermore under your favorite albums?!!!! 😡

baby that’s 2021 not 2020 lol

but I wouldn’t mind evermore showing up in AOTY

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

On this note, officially adding Lil Nas X to the following: 1. Album of the Year and Pop Vocal Album for MONTERO. 2. Record of the Year for “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name).” Pop Solo Performance seems a bit insulting given that the category is labelled “performance” and all, but I don’t doubt he’d get in there as well. 3. Possible Melodic Rap for “INDUSTRY BABY” with Jack Harlow.

Yup have all the same predictions for him and obviously Best Music Video for “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

The Guardian and The Independent give Montero a perfect score, critics most likely love the album. That being said I think Lil Nas X has greater chance to be nominated for AOTY than Drake and Kanye

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Montero will likely get overall solid reviews. I’m expecting high 70s, low 80s with the final MC score. He’s one of the most buzz about artists of the past year, is the first mainstream queer male artist making unabashedly/aggressive gay-themed music, and the album balances out “emotional” tracks with obvious radio tracks. It’s a recipe for overall critical approval.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.