Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 662 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
TomJerry
Rich Thot
  • Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Traditional R&B Performance Jazmine Sullivan – “Pick Up Your Feelings” (WINNER) H.E.R. – “Fight For You”* Jam & Lewis x Babyface – “He Don’t Know Nothin’ Bout It” Lucky Daye ft. Yebba – “How Much Can A Heart Take” PJ Morton x BJ The Chicago Kid x Kenyon Dixon ft. Charlie Bereal – “Bring It On Home to Me”  

Amazing!! I have the same exact predictions. Jazmine Sullivan must win in this category.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

“folklore (deluxe edition)” actually is much much better than most of the contenders this year.
    It would be a worthy winner, but I know that even a nomination is unlikely.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Yo i think evermore is happening!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Kacey’s album already underwhelmed. It’s not happening.

It can imo, namecheck most likely. Although winning would be an entirely different discussion.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

No namecheck for Kacey because the Grammys have made it clear that if you underwhelm after a great era you’re out.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I personally think without a committee the best bet for a rap album in AOTY is Megan

Profile picture
    anthonyz12345
    Topics:

Well, Lana Del Rey is coming for AOTY with Blue Banisters. We already have 4 songs from the album plus a few leaks… looks like we got another big contender.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Amazing!! I have the same exact predictions. Jazmine Sullivan must win in this category.

Sorry, but “Leave the Door Open” is also Traditional R&B and would be the obvious frontrunner there. I’d argue more traditional than Jazmine’s track.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

But they don’t like Lana Del Rey. NFR was a committee choice.

We’ve already had the discussion that there’s a good chance NFR was not merely a “committee pick”. But I also don’t think she’s an artist that will get an AOTY nod without plenty of acclaim and beyond her fan base buzz.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Well, Lana Del Rey is coming for AOTY with Blue Banisters. We already have 4 songs from the album plus a few leaks… looks like we got another big contender.

because of its release date, Blue Banisters is eligible for the 2023 ceremony.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but Lana Del Rey makes pop music. I really don’t get the “alternative” discussion here. Most of her discography has been pop.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Lana’s problem is this, she’s claimed as a pop singer by Grammys. Not a rock/alternative act like Fiona or St. Vincent. Lorde has the same problem too. You can’t get the pop support without sales unfortunately.

I believe there’s a good chance that she didn’t get enough “pop” support but still made the top 8. You could make same argument with Lorde’s Melodrama. Not saying that they both made it in there without the committee. But I also think it’s presumptuous to assume that they automatically didn’t because they didn’t get pop nods. They’re not as obvious “committee picks” as some others. Also, Fiona was block last year and is still without an AOTY nod, which is upsetting. But that’s another discussion. While St. Vincent is hardly a sure thing to get into AOTY this year. So, I don’t see your point in including them.

But NFR was a moment that I’m not sure she can duplicate as far as an album getting acclaim, buzz and making her a “respected” artist or whatever.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.