Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 662 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
TomJerry
Rich Thot
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Bro im actually gonna say it. I could see Lil Nas taking Album of the Year!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The islamophobic tweet in relation to Ariana Grande was tweeted in 2017. He was born in 1999. He was 18. 18 years old is beyond old enough to know better. The idea of @Boz excusing it by saying “he was closeted” as if being in the closet is an excuse to say disgusting things?

Who said it is? Hence why I called the tweets gross. But it doesn’t take a genius to understand that a depressed poor gay kid trolling for any bit of attention he could get is not someone you should take seriously. This isn’t the same case as Camila Cabello making a whole Tumblr devoted to hating black people or Cardi B raping men for money.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Montero is currently rated as the 6th best album of 2021.

I don’t see how anyone can deny that this is a wildly inflated score.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

So I guess I, a black gay man, am now racist for calling out Lil Nas X? Thank you for educating me on my inner racism! /s

I’m not, but I am calling you a homophobe. Clearly you’re deep down in the closet. This isn’t the first time you make questionable remarks about the topic, nor the only internet forum.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I am so lost. We hating on Lil Nas now? What happened? What offensive thing did he say?

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

You can dislike the album, it’s fine, but to claim that the only reason it’s being acclaimed is because the artist is queer or black is nothing less than a dog whistle. It’s the type of reactionary rhetoric you’d expect from Fox News pundits. I wouldn’t expect to see it here.

As someone who is unabashedly black, “queer” and progressive, it’s not that difficult to see that politics have had some impact on the reviews. Politics always have some impact on reviews. The album, for the most part, is aggressively middle-of-the-road trap-pop stuff that lacks polish and personality and sounds like so much other stuff in recent years that don’t get anywhere near those types of reviews. However, to say that’s the only reason for the reviews is silly. Critics have been especially kind to newer, popular mainstream artists these last few years.

As far as LNX’s antics, I don’t always find them amusing. But to say he’s “embarrassing” is silly. Part of a pop star’s job is to push boundaries and sometimes make folks a bit uncomfortable. And it is part of the reason he’s maintained popularity post “coming out”, whether someone likes it or not.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I am so lost. We hating on Lil Nas now? What happened?

People are mad some critics like Lil Nas X.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

This isn’t the same case as Camila Cabello making a whole Tumblr devoted to hating black people

He quite literally had a whole alt Twitter account dedicated to saying vile shit. Did you even read the thread?..

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I’m not, but I am calling you a homophobe. Clearly you’re deep down in the closet. This isn’t the first time you make questionable remarks about the topic, nor the only internet forum.

WHAT? Now I’m homophobic, despite being a full flaming homosexual (my avatar literally thirsting after Chris Evans)?

And other internet forum? Are you confusing me with someone else. Only stan “world” sites I am on is GD and Twitter. On neither am I ever homophobic 😭

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

He quite literally had a whole alt Twitter account dedicated to saying vile shit. Did you even read the thread?..

A priviledged Camila Cabello saying black people only eat fried chicken is truly not the same as Lil Nas X making Manchester jokes. Which, by the way, you also have in the past. I’m sure most posters here remember you and a couple others making some very disgusting jokes about Ariana Grande “bombing” her fans. Would be a shame if that got brought up again.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

WHAT? Now I’m homophobic, despite being a full flaming homosexual?

Yes. You do understand the concept of internalized homophobia, correct?

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

A priviledged Camila Cabello saying black people only eat fried chicken is truly not the same as Lil Nas X making Manchester jokes. Which, by the way, you also have in the past.

Machester jokes, making sexual comments about a 3 year old, making mocking women who get abortions, mocking women who experience domestic violence. Yes, I consider all of those to be worse than a joke about fucking fried chicken. If you don’t there is something wrong with you.

I’m sure most posters here remember you and a couple others making some very disgusting jokes about Ariana Grande “bombing” her fans. Would be a shame if that got brought up again.

Please direct me to anything I said? I would have surely been banned for such comments…

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Yes I do. It is NOT internalized homophobia to call out a shit person (and artist) who happens to be gay. 😭

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Yes, people do think being “out” means that you don’t contend with any toxic masculinity, gay shame, queer resentments, homo inferiority complexes, internalized phobias, etc. Being “out” just means you’re out. More folks do need to understand that.

Still doesn’t make this album any more than a middling collection of SoundCloud songs and still doesn’t make Lil Nas X a decent vocalist or song-writer.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Name a single artist that didn’t do something quite horrible in their past?

Doja Cat was hanging out with racist Trumpist and collaborated with Dr. Luke
    Taylor Swift engaged in character assassination
    Kanye West supported Trump
    Lady Gaga collaborated with a rapist

Like you’re starting to see the pattern here. All of these artists made some big mistakes in their lives, yet we don’t see people here as obsessed with their past as you’re now with whatever Lil Nas X said as a teenager.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.