Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 662 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
Rich Thot
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Lol you’re clearly a hater. Media didn’t take that serious at all. You guys remind me of Gaga haters in BTW and Artpop eras.

I’m not interested in engaging with people who repeatedly justify his antics. First the excuse was “he’s a kid” now it’s “you’re a hater”

Every other celebrity is held accountable for their actions, so will he. Instead of defending him, push him to be a better person and not mock women and their struggles for shits and giggles. It ain’t funny, the only people who found it funny were men.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Sorry if I’m being repetitive, I haven’t been following the forum this past months: thoughts on Happier Than Ever?

I really enjoy that song. There’s a chance it could be submitted in the rock field?

Could be, but they haven’t really promoted the song on rock radio, so her team might be aiming for Pop

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Why is Taylor releasing 1989 versions?

This version of Wildest Dreams was already used in the Spirit Untamed movie trailer and the OG has been going viral on TikTok, recently. I think it’s just a gift for the fans.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I’m not interested in engaging with people who repeatedly justify his antics. First the excuse was “he’s a kid” now it’s “you’re a hater” Every other celebrity is held accountable for their actions, so will he. Instead of defending him, push him to be a better person and not mock women and their struggles for shits and giggles. It ain’t funny, the only people who found it funny were men.

This is not the way to go.. this is not the narrative.

I’m sorry to tell you but absolutely NOT every celebrity is held accountable for their actions.

This is the truth.

Chris Brown, a literal woman beater/abuser is out here winning awards. While people think Lil Nas X should be “held accountable” for things absolutely NOT even comparable to real (Hollywood or non-Hollywood) crimes. Lil Nas X is absolutely not the enemy here.

Just why (?)

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

That Twitter account was incredibly vile. I said some silly stuff online, but only a very small percentage of people create an account just to troll and say hateful things. And it is one of the reasons that I couldn’t fully embrace him and his image. (Mostly just not being a huge fan of the music though). However, what do folks want people to do? There’s already been a ton of back and forth about that for two years now. Do people want to keep bringing it up as “proof” that LNX is a “bad guy” or something? While the whole “mocking giving birth” criticism is kinda eye-rolling. It was tacky and certainly not necessary to promote the album. But it was mostly just try-hard camp.

Look, this Lil Nas debate is confusing. I’m sure Lil Nas being black and gay pop rap artist is part of the critics giving him very high scores but i listened few songs from the album and i liked it. Industry Baby goes hard, Megan and Doja featured songs are cool too. Few months ago i joked about Lil Nas making this album for just saying ” I’m gay.” and me and Rich Thot poster have an argument. I will listen the album later but i can say now, this is better than i expected, at least it’s better than Drake’s album. I don’t expect to Lil Nas have a Janelle Monae, Tyler the Creator or Frank Ocean level albums, he’s a basic pop bitch. I accepted him as being a basic pop bitch but i hope his next albums will have more artistry. I’m sure he can pull it off.

And I stand by everything I said within that back and forth. You came off as someone who simply did not like that a black male artist was unabashedly, aggressively “gay” and “queer” and put that in his music and image with absolutely no subtlety. You kinda defended homophobia (which a lot of queers do, whether on purpose or not). And your “I hope this whole album isn’t ‘I’m gay” stance didn’t even make sense. Neither of the first couple songs released were even all that “gay”, just the visuals were. The “joke” was not a good look. I also don’t see the purpose of continuously bringing up those other three artists. No one is comparing Lil Nas X to those three people but you.

Anyways, one of the issues with the album for me was is that he did try to go for quite a bit of “artistry” and “insight”. But it kinda flopped. He perhaps needs to stick with being a “basic pop bitch”. Though he could use a bit of polish in that department as well.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Lmao the reach.. If he does a little parody of himself giving birth to his album, it must be considered a mockery of pregnant women now? Just don’t be such a buzzkill.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

GF September predictions:

Album of the Year:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo – SOUR
    Should win: Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever
    Could win: Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever

Record of the Year:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo – Good 4 U
    Could Win: Lil Nas X – Montero

Song of the Year:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo – Drivers License
    Should win: Olivia Rodriguo – Drivers License
    Could win: Billie Eilish – Your Power

Best New Artist:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo
    Should win: Olivia Rodriguo
    Could win: Olivia Rodriguo

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m sorry but “drivers license” >>>>>>>>> “good 4 u” by miles. Besides the whole Paramore thing, it’s not that great. I’d rather she put “drivers license” everywhere then maybe “good 4 u” in rock.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Your recent post came off kinda bitchy. So, I returned the energy. I still feel the way I felt then. It wasn’t about your “joke” being insensitive. I’m not that fragile. It was you covertly defending homophobia and gay shame. It was also your observation about not wanting his album to be filled with “I’m gay” making absolutely zero sense. Those first two songs weren’t even all that “gay”, especially in comparison to how hyper, aggressively hetero a lot of male hip-hop/rap music is. Those type of passive aggressive, micro-aggressive, homo shame-y, gay resent-y comments/“jokes” is partly why some do not trust us non-homo queers. So, it was either a thinly veiled gay shaming comment, or it was a “joke” that didn’t even really make sense.

I did agree that the back and forth went on too long. However, since you wanted to bring it up again for no reason, I took it back there.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

It only became a “joke” after multiple posters called you out. Before that, you were trying to defend your stance. I’m fine with moving on though.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

GF September predictions:

Album of the Year:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo – SOUR
    Could win: Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever

Record of the Year:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo – Good 4 U
    Could Win: Lil Nas X – Montero

Song of the Year:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo – Drivers License
    Should win: Olivia Rodriguo – Drivers License
    Could win: Billie Eilish – Your Power

Best New Artist:
    Will win: Olivia Rodriguo
    Should win: Olivia Rodriguo
    Could win: Olivia Rodriguo

Rodrigo*

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Still waiting for that Beyonce album 🤡

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

If Olivia submits good 4 u in ROTY, I could see a split in ROTY & SOTY.

Otherwise, she’s winning both + BNA. While I love SOUR and she has the numbers to fairly win AOTY, I’m struggling to believe that they’ll let a former child star win 6 Grammys in her first year, let alone the 4 biggest categories. I just don’t think voters have the cojones to give everything to Olivia, given that she’s not as “unanimous” with every demographic possible as Billie was in 2019. Plus, Billie remains a titan.

• AOTY: Billie Eilish or Chris Stapleton if there’s a major Pop vote split
    • ROTY: Silk Sonic or Olivia Rodrigo (if she submits dl)
    • SOTY: Olivia Rodrigo
    • BNA: Olivia Rodrigo

FYC:

Album of the Year: "star-crossed" by Kacey Musgraves
    Record of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.