Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 662 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
Rich Thot
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Multiple British media sources are saying Adele is planning to drop her album in November alongside a special live TV concert in December for Christmas – no idea how accurate it is but the fact multiple sources have discussed it means it could be true.

Adele coming for the 2023 sweep! Beyoncé better drop that album on Friday, otherwise she’ll be going up against Adele, Silk Sonic AND Kendrick.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Another Adele sweep would be the laziest thing ever but it’s almost inevitable at this point

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Ahhh yes. The 7/7 outcome were all setup by committee, even best engineered album.

I mean… there is a strong possibility that Bruno Mars was the runner-up behind Ed Sheeran in a few categories. We know he can rank high even in shitty years.

Thank God Shape Of You & Divide werre blocked.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I almost wish folklore lost AOTY only so Adele didn’t “have” to win for the 3rd time as well… But now it’s inevitable.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

AOTY: SOUR

SOTY: Leave The Door Open

ROTY: Leave The Door Open

BNA: Olivia Rodrigo

BPVA: SOUR

BPSP: drivers license / good 4 u

BPDGP: Kiss Me More

BMV: MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I don’t know about you, but the thought of another Adele album doesn’t sound all that exciting.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

ROTY Leave The Door Open

AOTY Happier Than Ever

SOTY Drivers License

BNA Olivia Rodrigo

BPVA Sour

BPSP Montero

BPDGP I Get A Kick Out Of You / Love For Sale

BMV Montero

Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

If Adele can manage a 80+ score on her new album I’ll be fine with the sweep. If it’s another 70 I’ll be annoyed. Need something new from her i think for me to justify it

Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

Leave the door open isn’t good enough to sweep the general field in my opinion. I’ll be fine with record i guess. But we all know it should go to someone else

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I mean… there is a strong possibility that Bruno Mars was the runner-up behind Ed Sheeran in a few categories. We know he can rank high even in shitty years. Thank God Shape Of You & Divide werre blocked.

Remember Uptown Funk had to be blocked in SOTY to ensure a Thinking Out Loud win last time both of them were active in the same cycle.

Also, Atlantic’s apparent preference for Bruno in GF imply they strongly believed he was more likely to get the trophies. I believe management’s always make business-smart decisions.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

I know it’s out of topic, but what do you guys think these artists should do to be back on Grammy Radar?

Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Pink, Bebe Rexha?

You think It’s over for them?

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Katy is done, she would need a mega hit to even be considered again.

Nicki could still happen, even if she was a feature.

Miley is most likely done as well unless she has a mega hit.

P!nk still has popularity, especially with Adult Contemporary listeners. Bebe was lucky she had a hit song with Florida Georgia Line.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Also pretty sure I heard H.E.R. was working on Adele’s album so that song is already a lock for SOTY.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I know it’s out of topic, but what do you guys think these artists should do to be back on Grammy Radar? Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Pink, Bebe Rexha? You think It’s over for them?

• P!nk is still in the Grammys’ radar. Without committees, she actually has a shot at being nominated in Country this year. And some are keeping an eye out for her in Pop categories too, in the event of a shocking snub/tie.
    • Nicki could sneak into the rap field with the right collaboration now that she won’t be blocked. Hadn’t Drake released an album this cycle, Seeing Green would’ve probably made it to the top 5 of Rap Performance. But if Seeing Green gets a nomination, it’ll be 100% due to Lil Wayne.
    • Lorde needs to make an Alternative album in order to sneak into the Rock/Alt field. She could get namechecked in there, but not in Pop.
    • In Pop, Miley needs a miracle, but I feel like by the time she retires, she’ll get a second and last nomination. Maybe a collaboration with Dolly & the Cyrus clan in Country Duo/Group Performance or a Hard Rock cover in Metal Performance? It helps that her name is early in Grammy ballots.
    • Katy Perry is a has-been.
    • I’ll dare to say Florida Georgia Line is more likely to be nominated again than Bebe Rexha.
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Remember Uptown Funk had to be blocked in SOTY to ensure a Thinking Out Loud win last time both of them were active in the same cycle. Also, Atlantic’s apparent preference for Bruno in GF imply they strongly believed he was more likely to get the trophies. I believe management’s always make business-smart decisions.

While that’s true, Ed’s career grew exponentially after 2016. Shape of You is one of the biggest songs of all time. We’ll never know exactly who was ahead, but even if it was Bruno, Ed def wasn’t far behind. Kendrick’s snub in SOTY also seems suspicious.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.