Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 662 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
JennyLewisFan
TomJerry
Rich Thot
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Also pretty sure I heard H.E.R. was working on Adele’s album so that song is already a lock for SOTY.

Yes SOTY (and AOTY from H.E.R. feature)

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Artists leading my predictions

9 Noms: H.E.R.

7 Noms: Billie Eilish

6 Noms: Kacey Musgraves, Lil Nas X & Olivia Rodrigo

5 Noms: Chris Stapleton, Drake & SZA

4 Noms: Foo Fighters, Givēon, J. Cole, Jazmine Sullivan, Kanye West & Silk Sonic

3 Noms: Lil Baby, St. Vincent & Taylor Swift

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

EVERMORE X HTE

bb200

evermore: #1 — #1 — #2 — #1 — #2 — #4 — #3 // 3 weeks with sales over 150K // 4 weeks at #1 // 11 weeks on top 10

HTE: #1 — #1 — #1 — #6 — #7 — #7 — #10 // 1 week with sales over 100k // 3 weeks at #1 // 7 weeks on top 10 (so far)

hot 100

evermore: 15/15 songs on the Hot 100 including a #1

HTE: 11/16 song on the hot 100 including 3 top 10 (each with only a single week in the top 10)

AOTY

evermore: 83 – based on 35 reviews

HTE: 83 – based on 33 reviews

I don’t want to say that evermore is more likely to win AOTY than HTE, but I want you to see how much HTE was an average album in sales, even Taylor’s “flop” album had a bigger impact.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I know it’s out of topic, but what do you guys think these artists should do to be back on Grammy Radar? Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Pink, Bebe Rexha? You think It’s over for them?

Katy- I would take a HUGE comeback for her to ever be nominated again. Which is sad, it’s crazy she’s never won

Nicki- Nicki could get into rap field again but I don’t expect her to ever win or get into General field

Miley- I could see Prisoner getting nominated this year, but I think she’ll have to depend on collabs for nods from now on

Lorde- As brilliant as Melodrama was, it likely only got into AOTY because of a committee. I can’t see her getting into the pop field or General field again without committees, maybe alternative

Pink- Pink was nominated not that long ago for Beautiful Trauma, and has remained very popular in Adult Contemporary. She is someone I see getting Grammys love still, I could see her getting into country and pop this year

Bebe- I am a big Bebe fan, but I think she needs to just be proud of her two prior nominations. I can’t see her ever winning or even getting nominated again

Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

I know it’s out of topic, but what do you guys think these artists should do to be back on Grammy Radar?

Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Pink, Bebe Rexha?

You think It’s over for them?

Katy needs a big hit. Her commercial success always guaranteed her a nomination in the past.

Nicki can still happen in rap. She’s still pretty prominent and her peers don’t seem to dislike her these days as they have about 3 years ago.

Miley needs a big hit. Pop is so competitive so I don’t see it happening unless she’s on a big collab.

Lorde without a committee? Eh..

Pink can still happen.

Bebe well…. 🥴

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

ROTY Leave The Door Open/drivers license(if Olivia submits it)

AOTY Happier Than Ever/SOUR

SOTY Drivers License

BNA Olivia Rodrigo

BPVA Sour

BPSP drivers license

BPDGP Peaches

BMV Montero

Analysis: At this point, Olivia might sweep like what Billie did in the 62nd Grammys last year.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

YUCK with this new rule, Miley Cyrus will be an AOTY nominee.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Also pretty sure I heard H.E.R. was working on Adele’s album so that song is already a lock for SOTY.

Streets are saying that one of the songs was co-written by Taylor. Not to mention the possible Beyoncé duet.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

ROTY Leave The Door Open/drivers license(if Olivia submits it) AOTY Happier Than Ever/SOUR SOTY Drivers License BNA Olivia Rodrigo BPVA Sour BPSP drivers license BPDGP Peaches BMV Montero Analysis: At this point, Olivia might sweep like what Billie did in the 62nd Grammys last year.

for me it is currently like this

AOTY – HTE/Sour

SOTY – DL

ROTY – DL

DNA – Olivia Rodrigo

BPVA – Sour

BPSP – G4U/DL

then we would have a folklore/FN situation with a sweep of Olivia winning 5 awards and Billie 1. but in a few weeks HTE will drop the bb200 top 10/20 and their songs left the Hot 100 before completing 20 weeks on the charts

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

btw Monteiro should drop to an average of 75-79 on AOTY when All Music and Pitchfork release their reviews for the album.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

btw Monteiro should drop to an average of 75-79 on AOTY when All Music and Pitchfork release their reviews for the album.

I’m guessing it’ll end up with a 76-78 on AOTY and a 79-81 on MC (so long as they update probably, which they’ve been sketchy with the last couple years). It was definitely front-loaded with doing-too-much reviews.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I know it’s out of topic, but what do you guys think these artists should do to be back on Grammy Radar?

Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Pink, Bebe Rexha?

You think It’s over for them?

Don’t think it’s over for Lorde yet even if she’s not happening at the upcoming 64th GRAMMYs. She has proven she has the potential, talent and a unique voice to create music that people can relate to and that critics will praise, but she first has to realize that and exploit her abilities instead of playing it safe. Solar Power is not a bad album but it’s too unrealistic and sarcastic for people to be able to relate to its lyrics when compared to the songwriting in Melodrama or even Pure Heroine.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Pitchfork gave 71 and Montero has average of 82 at this moment. It is gonna be higher on metacritic.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Pitchfork gave 71 and Montero has average of 82 at this moment. It is gonna be higher on metacritic cause Observer gave it 60 and it doesn’t count for mc

The Observer counts for MC. I expect the score will drop to 84-86 after the addition of The Observer (60), P4K (71), Slant Magazine (70) and Entertainment Weekly (91). It will end up at low 80s when it all said and done.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.