Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,029 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Daniel Montgomery
    Topics:

Continue 🙂

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Officially took out “Good Days” in my ROTY prediction, I think it’s more fitting in SOTY.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

SZA is someone I don’t really see getting in the General field this year, but I also know that I underestimated All the Stars a couple years ago so I should never count her out

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

SZA is someone I don’t really see getting in the General field this year, but I also know that I underestimated All the Stars a couple years ago so I should never count her out

That was Kendrick’s impact.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I still have SZA in ROTY & BPDGP for “Kiss Me More” and R&B Perf. and Song for “Good Days” but I’m starting to think it won’t make it in R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I don’t know if Megan will get in any of the major categories, I feel she might dominate more in the Rap field. But who knows, will the Grammys put a female rap album in AOTY. They just did it with Cardi, but her debut was far more impressive than MTS. I would rather see Doja, H.E.R., Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton or Foo Fighters get in over MTS.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Montero has fallen to an 85 on Metacritic.

Below Happier Than Ever’s 86, and 2 higher than Sour’s 83. The “Lil Nas X can win AOTY” talk can finally end now.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Entertainment Weekly gave 91 and it’s still not counted on Metacritic so he can get the same average as Billie.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I never thought Lil nas could win AOTY, but I definitely think he is in contention. If he could get in for his EP, 7, then he will certainly be in talks.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Montero has fallen to an 85 on Metacritic. Below Happier Than Ever’s 86, and 2 higher than Sour’s 83. The “Lil Nas X can win AOTY” talk can finally end now.

The album just needed to be a hit and to be received solidly for him to be a player in AOTY. I don’t see him winning AOTY. But having a slightly higher or lower MC than Billie is not gonna effect anything.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

The album just needed to be a hit and to be received solidly for him to be a player. I don’t see him winning AOTY. But having slightly higher or lower MC than Billie is not gonna effect anything.

The album needed overwhelming acclaim.

If they were going for the hit route, they would go for Olivia, who has the bigger album, pretty acclaimed herself, and a good narrative.

Without Montero being massively acclaimed, what does it have standing out? Success? Read the above paragraph. His previous Grammy history? Darling Billie is there. The answer is nothing.

Even had he kept the +90 score, he wasn’t going to win. No even remotely urban artist is going to win AOTY for a very long time. That’s just the way it is. If DARLINGS Bey, Kendrick (including the year where he had the #1 BB200 Year-End album AND most acclaimed) couldn’t win, then no one else stood a chance.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I don’t know if Megan will get in any of the major categories, I feel she might dominate more in the Rap field. But who knows, will the Grammys put a female rap album in AOTY. They just did it with Cardi, but her debut was far more impressive than MTS. I would rather see Doja, H.E.R., Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton or Foo Fighters get in over MTS.

If WAP is submitted I predict it dominating the general field and rap field but right now I have no predictions for Megan. Rap is male dominated this year.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Lil Nas X will not win AOTY please. The Grammys love young white female singer-songwriters. It’s gonna be Olivia or Billie.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The album needed overwhelming acclaim. If they were going for the hit route, they would go for Olivia, who has the bigger album, pretty acclaimed herself, and a good narrative. Without Montero being massively acclaimed, what does it have standing out? Success? Read the above paragraph. His previous Grammy history? Darling Billie is there. The answer is nothing. Even had he kept the +90 score, he wasn’t going to win. No even remotely urban artist is going to win AOTY for a very long time. That’s just the way it is. If DARLINGS Bey, Kendrick (including the year where he had the #1 BB200 Year-End album AND most acclaimed) couldn’t win, then no one else stood a chance.

This post is a bit extra, especially considering that no one is saying that Billie and Olivia (and maybe The Foo Fighters) aren’t the front-runners. Just that stuff like “Old Town Road” not winning ROTY or having a slightly higher or lower score than Billie on MC won’t have much impact.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

That was Kendrick’s impact.

I completely agree, but I still don’t think I should completely count her out yet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.