Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,029 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

GIVĒON, When It’s All Said and Done… Take Time (Epic): This gifted artist’s appealing baritone and strong songwriting made the biggest noise in R&B, driven by monster single “Heartbreak Anniversary.” But there’s plenty more convincing material where that came from. As far as adult-skewing releases in soul and hip-hop are concerned, this set has a lane to itself.

Not eligible. 65% of this album comes from his EP Take Time which was nominated last year. The standalone When It’s All Said and Done EP is also too short to qualify as an album per Grammy rules (falls short of both the ‘5 songs/15 minutes’ and ’30 minutes regardless of track count’ requirements).

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Not eligible. 65% of this album comes from his EP Take Time which was nominated last year. The standalone When It’s All Said and Done EP is also too short to qualify as an album per Grammy rules (falls short of both the ‘5 songs/15 minutes’ and ’30 minutes regardless of track count’ requirements).

It also wasn’t happening anyways. HDD always has a weird pick for some reason.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I mean, that too. They always weirdly latch onto somebody every year who is just not happening in AOTY. Harry in 2017, I think Lewis Capaldi a few years ago? Giveon is at best looking at ROTY and SOTY nominations. AOTY would not have happened even if he was eligible.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Anyway, my thoughts on the HDD picks:

Olivia, LNX, Billie – obvious locks
    Doja, Bieber, Taylor, Kacey – possible
    Halsey, Drake, Ariana – possible but less likely
    Polo G – obviously not
    Giveon – 100% no for reasons stated above

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

I hope Billie Eilish and Rosalia’s Collaboration can be eligible at the Latin Grammy Awards

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

at least HDD predictions are more reasonable than Billboard’s

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Who is Billboard predicting? And are they Paul Grein’s (veteran Grammy pundit but with some odd choices) predictions, or their completely clueless music editors’?

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

“SOUR” — Spotify Update:

1st month — 1,334,654,215
    2nd month — 937,690,298
    3rd month — 766,040,112
    4th month — 543,507,364

Total: 4,333,821,428 streams

btw sour is THAT bitch

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Didn’t they nominate Black Pumas with a Deluxe version of an album that was released the previous eligibility period?

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Didn’t they nominate Black Pumas with a Deluxe version of an album that was released the previous eligibility period?

Their deluxe album added 11 new songs which was enough to push it over the 51% new-recording rule. It wouldn’t be eligible under this year’s updated rules, which raised that requirement to 75% new recordings.

Giveon wouldn’t have been eligible even under the previous rules, and he’s definitely not under the current ones.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Who is Billboard predicting? And are they Paul Grein’s (veteran Grammy pundit but with some odd choices) predictions, or their completely clueless music editors’?

Oh I was just talking in general. Since Billboard predicted Levitating for SOTY (when it’s not eligible), I don’t trust them anymore. Their latest predictions for AOTY included: SOUR, HTE, Montero, Back of My Mind, positions, Heaux Tales, evermore, and Call Me If You Get Lost.

the latest article was written by Paul

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

5. Some Aya Nakamura stuff??? “Jolie Nana”? “Nirvana”? (hope she gets in too. LOVE HER)

YES!!!! It’s time Aya Nakamura gets noticed for her work. She’s amazing.

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

After If The World Is Ending’s surprise nomination in the General Field last year.. I think there’s going to be a total shock in SOTY this year. I’m kind of thinking “Holy” or “Lonely” by Justin Bieber could pop up in this category.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

After If The World Is Ending’s surprise nomination in the General Field last year.. I think there’s going to be a total shock in SOTY this year. I’m kind of thinking “Holy” or “Lonely” by Justin Bieber could pop up in this category.

“If the World Was Ending” wasn’t a surprise nominee; there were a few people who threw it out as a possibility. Boz in particular was very vocal about it.

It was a Grammy-bait ballad by a previous SOTY nominee that was peaking at the right time.

As far as songs that people aren’t talking enough about this year, I haven’t seen a lot of discussion about “Arcade” by Duncan Lawrence. It’s eligible, right? It’s very baity and all over pop radio right now.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Speaking of Black Pumas, they released Colors (live from Capitol Studios) a few months back.

They’re coming to make history as the first artists to get a ROTY nomination twice for the same song!

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.