Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,029 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

What happened last time other than there were like only two?

Well it was the reason behind it: 3 of the nominees dropping out/asking the Academy to remove them because all the nominees were white and only one woman. They believe the community that makes that music is much more diverse. I’m wondering what voters will do.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

If Evermore gets into AOTY with Sour and HTE, they’ll more easily open the door for an album outside of those three to win.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Well it was the reason behind it: 3 of the nominees dropping out/asking the Academy to remove them because all the nominees were white and only one woman. They believe the community that makes that music is much more diverse. I’m wondering what voters will do.

wait, that’s what happened???? Where the hell was I and why wasn’t this news?

If that’s the case, hacks like Eminem can kiss their rap chances goodbye. I’ll say it’s a good decision on their end. Good for them! Call the academy of their shit.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

If Evermore gets into AOTY with Sour and HTE, they’ll more easily open the door for an album outside of those three to win.

Exactly, they will get the same voters. If these 3 albums are nominated, AOTY goes to Chris Stapleton, Foo Fighters or Lil Nas X.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

This evermoreHappier Than Ever and SOUR talk feels like Norman Fucking Rockwell!WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? and thank u, next respectively.

Billie might just win again. I wouldn’t hate that. AT ALL.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Billie is the current front-runner for AOTY. If no surprise release happens tomorrow, it is time for serious talk.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

This evermore, Happier Than Ever and SOUR talk feels like Norman Fucking Rockwell!, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? and thank u, next respectively.

Ditto. People overestimate splits soley based on genre. As you said 2020 had actually 4 pop albums nominated (LNX was submitted to Pop Vocal), yet a pop album ended up winning. The same can happen this year.

Also, I disagree with even the hypothetical of Taylor stealing a significant amount of Pop votes. Last year showed us, that pop doesn’t really fuck with her like that. She won’t be detrimental to Billie/Olivia.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Ditto. People overestimate splits soley based on genre. As you said 2020 had actually 4 pop albums nominated (LNX was submitted to Pop Vocal), yet a pop album ended up winning. The same can happen this year.

Also, I disagree with even the hypothetical of Taylor stealing a significant amount of Pop votes. Last year showed us, that pop doesn’t really fuck with her like that. She won’t be detrimental to Billie/Olivia.

yet she still beat out the Pop Vocal album winner?!! Your logic makes no sense. If anything Tay is a huge threat since she pulls voters from all sides when she’s up in the general field.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

yet she still beat out the Pop Vocal album winner?!! Your logic makes no sense. If anything Tay is a huge threat since she pulls voters from all sides when she’s up in the general field.

If anything, this shows that pop is not the biggest voting block and unless your album can pull from other blocks, it’s not winning.

This is the reason why I don’t think Sour will win. Outside of pop, I don’t know where she would pull voters from. Rock I guess? But even then I don’t think rock will fw her like that.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Exactly, they will get the same voters. If these 3 albums are nominated, AOTY goes to Chris Stapleton, Foo Fighters or Lil Nas X.

Lil Nas X would be affected by that vote splitting as well.

Taylor would be the least affected based on her history on the pop field. They definitely do not love her.
    Also, although somewhat poppier than folkloreevermore is more alternative too ( “closure”, “tolerate it”)

Country (Chris) and Alt/Rock (Foo Fighters)  nominees (if there’s only one of each) would benefit the most. And HER too, since the academy appears to love her.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Yes, she did. Because of other blocks supporting her. I didn’t say the Grammys don’t fuck with her, I said Pop voters kinda don’t. It’s been proving time and time again with her missing nominations and losing what should’ve been easy races in the Pop field.

No need to be defensive and go full stan mode. I stan Taylor and currently have her making a competitive Pop Vocal field + AOTY… 💀

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Album of the Year 2020: Billie Eilish + 3 other pop albums
    Record of the Year 2020: Billie Eilish + 5 other pop songs
    Song of the Year 2020: Billie Eilish + 6 other pop songs

Record of the Year 2021: Billie Eilish + 3 other pop songs

Vote splitting isn’t going to hurt HTE.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Album of the Year 2020: Billie Eilish + 3 other pop albums Record of the Year 2020: Billie Eilish + 5 other pop songs Song of the Year 2020: Billie Eilish + 6 other pop songs Record of the Year 2021: Billie Eilish + 3 other pop songs Vote splitting isn’t going to hurt HTE.

dear user, my world just shattered right now.
    I just noticed that your username ends with twigs. I always read it as lipabridgerswift for some reason.
    Guess I’m obsessed with blondie.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.