Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,029 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    BetteDavisEyes
    Topics:

Album of the Year 1. Billie Eilish, Happier Than Ever 2. Olivia Rodrigo, Sour 3. Taylor Swift, Evermore 4. Lil Nas X, MONTERO 5. Justin Bieber, Justice 6: Megan Thee Stallion, Good News 7. Kacey Musgraves, Star-Crossed 8. Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band, Letter To You 9. H.E.R., Back of My Mind 10. Bad Bunny, El Último Tour Del Mundo 11. Foo Fighters, Medicine At Midnight 12. St. Vincent, Daddy’s Home 13. Jazmine Sullivan, Heaux Tales 14. The Black Keys, Delta Kream 15. Drake, Certified Lover Boy 16. Ariana Grande, Positions 17. Tyler, the Creator, CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST 18. Kanye West, Donda 19. Nas, King’s Disease II 20. Chris Stapleton, Starting Over

They’re not nominating more than three pop albums in AOTY lmao

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

not Levitation! 😂

The real eligible Grammy-winning version wbk

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

They’re not nominating more than three pop albums in AOTY lmao

How many times does this have to be said:

While the committee was there, there was multiple times they nominated 4 pop albums. Why would the committee being gone now eliminate that possibility from happening?…

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

I think Dua’s current plan is “We’re Good” in BPSP and “Prisoner” in BPDGP. No idea what for General field though. Could see her only getting 1 nomination this year

Studio 2054 – Best Music Film

AOTY
    H.E.R. - Back Of My Mind *WINNER*
    Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
    Chris Stapleton - Starting Over
    Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR
    Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

That is my top 20 in AOTY.

oh i know! i was just quoting yours to see if other people would do the same 😊

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Actually, this is interesting. I would like to see who do you all have as part of the top 20 in AOTY (in no particular order ofc).

• Happier than Ever – Billie Eilish
    • Sour – Olivia Rodrigo
    • Certified Lover Boy – Drake
    • Dangerous – Morgan Wallen
    • Starting Over – Chris Stapleton
    • Montero – Lil Nas X
    • Kanye West – Donda
    • Kacey Musgraves – Star-crossed
    • Bruce Springsteen – Letter to You
    • Doja Cat – Planet HER
    • Megan thee Stallion – Good News
    • Taylor Swift – Evermore
    • Justin Bieber – Justice
    • Willie Nelson – That’s Life
    • Jazmine Sullivan – #HeauxTales
    • Ariana Grande – Positions
    • John Mayer – Sob Rock
    • H.E.R – Back of My Mind
    • Foo Fighters – Medicine at Midnight
    • Bad Bunny – El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo

I wish the panel would still be here for the General field because it would be interesting to see how they would vote if this was the hypothetical top 20.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

My universe by Coldplay and BTS is getting in instead of Butter and Higher power at the Pop duo/group category for sure. Can it by any chance get in SOTY or ROTY? What do y’all think?

we don’t know if they submitted My Universe for consideration. But if they did i can see it getting in. On pop yes. On the GF: depending on how the song performs during first round-voting.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if DONDA won Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Production & Engineering predictions (pls don’t make fun of me, I know most of these may not happen [especially in Best Engineered Album], but it’s still fun to predict!)

Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical
    – Jack Antonoff (St. Vincent, Taylor Swift, Clairo, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Bleachers)
    – Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys, Yola)
    – Finneas (Billie Eilish, Finneas)
    – Greg Kurstin (Foo Fighters, Greta Van Fleet)
    – Take A Daytrip (Rico Nasty, Lil Nas X, Kid Cudi, Serpentwithfeet, James Blake, Miley Cyrus, Big Sean)

Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
    – Conflict Of Interest – Wez Clarke & Joe Hirst engineers/mixers; Joe LaPorta, mastering engineer (Ghetts)
    – For The First Time – Andy Savours, engineer/mixer; Guy Davie, mastering engineer (Black Country, New Road)
    – Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish O’Connell, Finneas O’Connell & Rob Kinelski, engineers/mixers; David Kutch, mastering engineer (Billie Eilish)
    – Long Time Coming – Gary Paczosa, engineer/mixer; Paul Blakemore, mastering engineer (Sierra Ferrell)
    – Pressure Machine – Raoul Ahmad, Matt Breunig, Alex Eitram, Shawn Everett, Jed Jones, Will Maclellan, Rias Reed & Robert Root, engineers/mixers; Chris Allgood & Emily Lazar, mastering engineers (The Killers)

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

How many times does this have to be said:

While the committee was there, there was multiple times they nominated 4 pop albums. Why would the committee being gone now eliminate that possibility from happening?…

I’d honestly be surprised if Billie, Olivia, Taylor, and Lil Nas didn’t all get it, with the definite possibilities of Justin and Ariana, Kacey and Bad Bunny if you consider them pop too. We know that pop is the biggest voting body, and artists like Sara Barellis, Lana Del Rey, and Lorde recieving Album of the Year nominations for albums that missed Pop Vocal Album it’s entirely plausible and likely we’ll get 4-5 pop nominees.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeC66xB5cJQKwyST8fIYrDK3ignJMiwXDWagcc-oDGPxBNKHA/viewform?usp=sf_link

These are the polls! If there is a song or album you wish to vote for that is eligible for the 64th Grammy awards that isn’t on there let me know before you vote. With the settings each person can only vote once and once you have voted you cannot change what you have put so make sure to let me know before so you can get your vote in for the songs/albums. You can vote for as many as you want in each category but keep in mind there will be 5 nominees per category and an artist can only be nominated once per category. You can vote up until 10PM EST tomorrow night. I am excited for this and hope you guys have fun filling it out!

Hey guys, I copied and pasted this from the pop field thread. I made polls for the pop categories to get GoldDerby forum readers and commenters a chance to vote for who they would nominate and then I will announce the nominees and do a vote for that and then eventually announce the winners. Wanted to share this with the main thread to so anyone who wants to participate here can!

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

My universe by Coldplay and BTS is getting in instead of Butter and Higher power at the Pop duo/group category for sure. Can it by any chance get in SOTY or ROTY? What do y’all think?

I think it’s a much better song than “Butter” and and it’s come out at the right time. I currently have it in BPDGP but if it peaks around voting time then it might happen in ROTY too.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Turns out My Universe has additional vocals from Jacob Collier, Amber from WeareKING and Max Martin plus others.. that’s pretty cool.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Turns out My Universe has additional vocals from Jacob Collier, Amber from WeareKING and Max Martin plus others.. that’s pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1441443643580194825?s=21

Jacob?

Now what in the grammy bait….

ROTY/SOTY incoming.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.