Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,029 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Production & Engineering predictions (pls don’t make fun of me, I know most of these may not happen [especially in Best Engineered Album], but it’s still fun to predict!) Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical – Jack Antonoff (St. Vincent, Taylor Swift, Clairo, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Bleachers) – Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys, Yola) – Finneas (Billie Eilish, Finneas) – Greg Kurstin (Foo Fighters, Greta Van Fleet) – Take A Daytrip (Rico Nasty, Lil Nas X, Kid Cudi, Serpentwithfeet, James Blake, Miley Cyrus, Big Sean) 

Would love to see D’Mile to be nominated in this category and win. He has had an amazing year with a Grammy win and Oscar win producing hits for Silk Sonic & H.E.R.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Would love to see D’Mile to be nominated in this category and win. He has had an amazing year with a Grammy win and Oscar win producing hits for Silk Sonic & H.E.R.

YES. Jam & Lewis!!

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeC66xB5cJQKwyST8fIYrDK3ignJMiwXDWagcc-oDGPxBNKHA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Little over 10 hours left to vote! After the results are in I will be announcing the nominations tonight in its own thread and releasing the vote for the final vote. The final vote will have the nominees listed alphabetically and you may only select 1 per category as your winner choice. Thank you to everyone who has voted so far!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

By Pitchfork standards, Daddy’s Home and Certified Waste of Time are comparable. YIKES.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Is girl in red eligible for BNA?

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Is girl in red eligible for BNA?

She should be, her debut was released this year. She’s been releasing extended plays since September 2018, no idea if she’s submitted before but if she has I can’t imagine it’s been more than twice.

Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

I prefer a genre album/ Album of the year split tbh. The better album always winning the genre category so they at least get something.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I prefer a genre album/ Album of the year split tbh. The better album always winning the genre category so they at least get something.

This is rather true. Genre-specific choices tend to be less atrocious than general field choices.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Prime example Fetch the bolt cutters winning alt album, In Rainbows winning the same award (at least IR got a nod).

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Still slightly annoyed at the 33% contribution requirement for AOTY being removed tbh

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Prime example Fetch the bolt cutters winning alt album, In Rainbows winning the same award (at least IR got a nod).

Alternative Music Album is one of the more notorious categories in this regard. It’s typical to see deserving alternative music albums shut out of the AOTY race, especially given the aim of the genre is quirkiness and innovative production.

Core R&B typically suffers the same fate as well. Other than H.E.R. and 24K Magic, which aren’t groundbreaking pieces IMO (especially the latter), NO core R&B album has been nominated in AOTY in the past decade. A decade which the MASTERPIECE Black Messiah exists in.

American Roots is almost inexistent in the general field as well.

AOTY is about one of the worst categories from the Grammys, especially given it’s hyped up to be the biggest one.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if DONDA won Album of the Year.

Kanye winning AOTY for one of his weakest albums would be tragically hilarious

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Alternative Music Album is one of the more notorious categories in this regard. It’s typical to see deserving alternative music albums shut out of the AOTY race, especially given the aim of the genre is quirkiness and innovative production.

Core R&B typically suffers the same fate as well. Other than H.E.R. and 24K Magic, which aren’t groundbreaking pieces IMO (especially the latter), NO core R&B album has been nominated in AOTY in the past decade. A decade which the MASTERPIECE Black Messiah exists in.

American Roots is almost inexistent in the general field as well.

AOTY is about one of the worst categories from the Grammys, especially given it’s hyped up to be the biggest one.

I’m confused what you are trying to say here because an r&b album has been nominated every year for the past like 6-7 years…..

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’m confused what you are trying to say here because an r&b album has been nominated every year for the past like 6-7 years…..

He’s probably talking about an album that is “traditional R&B,” usually the ones nominated in Best R&B Album, not “Progressive” or “Urban Contemporary.” He’s not wrong.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Kanye winning AOTY for one of his weakest albums would be tragically hilarious

Isn’t that what “music’s biggest night” has come to be? Hilarious?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.