Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,029 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

you can use the grammy win history but when someone else uses it you don’t accept the reality.

Drawing parallels between songs that appealed to a similar audience is a valid argument.

Claiming that “Don’t Start Now” lost because of a bias against female dance-pop hits, despite the fact that female artists and dance-pop hits have won Record/Song of the Year, is baseless and laughable.

While you might be onto something regarding Grammy voters not being enamored with female pop divas, the implication that “Everything I Wanted” beating “Don’t Start Now” was due to a ‘lack of competition’ is crazy considering Dua’s album literally beat the AOTY winner in another category.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Gee, it’s almost like none of those songs were ever considered frontrunners to win Record or Song of the Year “Tik Tok” and “S&M” didn’t even get any Grammy nominations

exactly. it’s not a genre that has voters’ love. and its winning record on the overall field is surprisingly poor even though it’s one of the most popular genres in the US when it comes to hit singles.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I don’t know but apparently it affects

It really doesn’t. Yall be throwing around these coincistats like they’re actually relevant.

That’s like if I said no man from Alaska has ever won ROTY, therefore the Grammys must hate Alaskan people. Not every “stat” is actually relevant.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Drawing parallels between songs that appealed to a similar audience is a valid argument. Claiming that “Don’t Start Now” lost because of a bias against female dance-pop hits, despite the fact that female artists and dance-pop hits have won Record/Song of the Year, is baseless and laughable. While you might be onto something regarding Grammy voters not being enamored with female pop divas, the implication that “Everything I Wanted” beating “Don’t Start Now” was due to a ‘lack of competition’ is crazy considering Dua’s album literally beat the AOTY winner in another category.

oh yes artist like Daft Punk and Bee Gees. well I’m still waiting for an example of a win minimally similar to DSN and Savage in SOTY and ROTY

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

exactly. it’s not a genre that has voters’ love.

Or, maybe, just maybe, most of those songs were weak contenders to begin with and there were often bigger hits to pick from.

None of the songs you named before Cher/Madonna even got GF nominations so one can only speculate on how they would have fared in ROTY. In other words, they can’t be used as a statistic to gauge how strong of a contender “Don’t Start Now” was in that category.

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Or, maybe, just maybe, most of those songs were weak contenders to begin with and there were often bigger hits to pick from.

like Billie in 2021?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Bringing up EIW being baitier than DSN makes no sense considering HTE is also baitier than Sour.

Beyond that, if Single Ladies won SOTY, then there’s no reason why DSN couldn’t have won ROTY.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

The Fame, The Fame Monster, Teenage Dream, The E.N.D., I Am Sasha Fierce, In the Lonely Hour, Beauty Behind the Madness, Thank U Next, Purpose,

sour is being bigger than all of these with the exception of The Fame  (for now) which happened to only lose to a teen country-pop album that managed to be even bigger and purpose lost to Adele.

i believe you are an olivia fan so you should be following her charts, good sour only and comparable to Fearless, 21, 25 and 1989 and billie’s debut in chart stability. I still think AOTY will be Billie’s for now, but Sour is way stronger than you all think.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

like Billie in 2021?

Yes, like the artist who, only a year earlier, made history as the youngest artist to win Album/Record of the Year, and only the second artist (and only woman) to win all four of the general field categories in the same night. Are you okay?

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Bringing up EIW being baitier than DSN makes no sense considering HTE is also baitier than Sour. Beyond that, if Single Ladies won SOTY, then there’s no reason why DSN couldn’t have won ROTY.

I agree HTE should be more attractive than Sour to voters but the discussion wasn’t about that.

btw SL has no similarity to DSN

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

btw SL has no similarity to DSN

Both songs are built around literally the exact same concept, so yeah I’d say they have a few similarities

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

Yes, like the artist who, only a year earlier, made history as the youngest artist to win Album of the Year, and only the second artist (and only woman) to win all four of the general field categories in the same night. Are you okay?

my god just stop tying the artist to the music, do you really think HTE would have any chance of winning any category if it was a total flop and a bad album for critics just by having the name “Billie” up front? she’s not Adele and the moment billie falls the love they have for her will end too.

having said that, yes i know that depending on which artist is in the song/album voters can vote for anything and in my current opinion HTE will win AOTY in 2022 but no one is infallible, billie won in 2020 and 2021 because he had the the right songs in the right places and the right image and narrative when it’s over and it may or may not be this year it won’t win anymore.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

my god just stop tying the artist to the music,

girl what

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

It’s funny seeing this forum fume over who is/is not winning when the eligibility period isn’t over and nominations aren’t decided.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

do you really think HTE would have any chance of winning any category if it was a total flop and a bad album for critics just by having the name “Billie” up front?

And do you think I’m not accounting for that? 💀 If anyone – even Adele – released an album that was a commercial and critical dud, yes, I would most certainly be reevaluating their odds in spite of any previous Grammy success. However, that is not the case for Billie even accounting for the underperformance of her album. She is still moving respectable numbers and got great reviews.

I don’t think you have the brain cells necessary to hold a proper debate.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.