Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,029 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’m actually really torn on who’d win if it comes down to Billie vs Tony/Gaga. Hopefully nomination day will make it more clear.

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I like how the example you use to claim that awards don’t correlate with acclaim is someone who won 0 of those awards you mention.

Did you just purposely choose to ignore my other example of Green Book…

Anyways… WAP is NOT eligible. Levitating Solo is NOT eligible. The Grammys cannot choose to make exceptions, it’s a rule set in stone.

Only way for WAP to have been eligible was if it was submitted as an album track (like how Circles, rockstar, Truth Hurts, Hotline Bling) were… but Cardi released no album.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

When Megan releases Good News (expanded edition) with WAP as a bonus track tomorrow

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

When Megan releases Good News (expanded edition) with WAP as a bonus track tomorrow

someone DM her please

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

When Megan releases Good News (expanded edition) with WAP as a bonus track tomorrow

Still waiting for Good News: The Return of Tina Snow… it’s such a good concept

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Did you just purposely choose to ignore my other example of Green Book…

‘Green Book’ other than the best picture win, has a 8.2 rate on IMDB, #132 most top rated movie of all time, which is very high, meaning it has also the acclaim of the audience, the big majority at least.

Certified Fresh on Rotten.

The movie being disliked by social justice warriors on Film Twitter or not being +80 on Metacritic doesn’t make it not acclaimed, acclaim is not only what a few press critics say and GB is the perfect example of that, audience reception and peers from the industry are part of the acclaim of somebody or something, actually it matters more being appreciated from thousands-million of people than only a few who writes review for online press.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Current General predictions: AOTY- Love For Sale, ROTY and SOTY- Adele Single, BNA- Olivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

‘Green Book’ other than the best picture win, has a 8.2 rate on IMDB, #132 most top rated movie of all time, which is very high, meaning it has also the acclaim of the audience, the big majority at least.

And Avengers End Game has 8.3 and is #76 top rated movie of all time… still not an acclaimed film.

What is not clicking. Acclaim is different than winning awards. Back to the Grammys, is 24K Magic more acclaimed than DAMN.? Is Rihanna more acclaimed than The Beatles?

Awards /=/ acclaim. If you can’t accept that deal with it. But going around boldly saying Lady Gaga is one of the most acclaimed artists of today while none of her work has actually received mass acclaim is…

Profile picture
    BYOB
    Topics:

Adele is apparently releasing just a single, not a full album.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

WAP can’t be the Circles unless it’s accompanied by an album released before Friday. Let’s just embrace the fact that her and her label dropped the ball by not submitting it last year. The reason why Circles was eligible is because it was released on Hollywood’s Bleeding plus all of Circles chart points and sales were in the eligibility year that it competed.

omg I completely forgot about AOTY nominee Hollywood’s Bleeding. You’re right. I just wanted to say that WAP (& Levitating solo) will be fraudulently submitted. And we won’t mind it.

FYC:

Album of the Year: "Call Me If You Get Lost" by Tyler, The Creator
    Record of the Year: "WAP" by Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Did you just purposely choose to ignore my other example of Green Book… – Anyways… WAP is NOT eligible. Levitating Solo is NOT eligible. The Grammys cannot choose to make exceptions, it’s a rule set in stone. Only way for WAP to have been eligible was if it was submitted as an album track (like how Circles, rockstar, Truth Hurts, Hotline Bling) were… but Cardi released no album.

They will! 😀

FYC:

Album of the Year: "Call Me If You Get Lost" by Tyler, The Creator
    Record of the Year: "WAP" by Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Seems like Adele is releasing a single in the eligible period

It would be amazing to maximize her Grammy wins
    SOTY, ROTY and Pop Solo this year and SOTY, ROTY, Pop Solo, Pop Vocal Album and AOTY in 2023, maybe Pop Duo Group Performance too if she has a collab

It would be 3 + 6, maybe 7 if she releases a majestic music video

An album that wins 10 Grammys is something that only Adele could make happen

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Next year is huge already… Silk Sonic, Brandi Carlile, Ed Sheeran, Cardi B, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Allison Krauss & probably Kendrick in AOTY

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

I find it vastly amusing that some are predicting a total win for a song that is not even released yet. Whether someone is a great singer or not the song could still be utter cra*. Why not wait to see if a song/album is actually good before predicting wins?

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

they eat up anything she releases so predicting her to win with an unreleased song isn’t crazy, but I honestly doubt she’ll release a song

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.