Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,029 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    isacgraca
    Topics:

Is a Grammy’s submissions thread gonna be created like last year?

Profile picture
    brutal
    Topics:

when will we be able to make predictions for more categories at the predictions center?

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

when will we be able to make predictions for more categories at the predictions center?

Normally for nominations only the 4 General field can be predicted, and we predict more categories for winners once nominations are out

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Normally for nominations only the 4 General field can be predicted, and we predict more categories for winners once nominations are out

last year for noms they added pop album, rap album (and i think country album?) later on

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

We’ll get the submissions by the end of this month I believe

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

last year for noms they added pop album, rap album (and i think country album?) later on

I guess they’ll expect submissions are out for a clearer pack to predict?

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Hopefully, if there’s a voter that’s willing to share the list once first round voting opens! Idk if Natalie ( a voter on Twitter) will be doing it again!

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Yeah, I’ll make one once we start getting submissions. Billboars FYCs are probably the first ones to give us some.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Bruh, talk about a weak season. SHEESH.

I’m so unsure of almost everything. The only GF nominees I consider sure locks for at least nominations:

1. Happier than Ever for Album of the Year

2. “drivers license” for Song of the Year

3. “Peaches” for Record of the Year

4. Olivia Rodrigo for Best New Artist

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

October predictions (ordered for likelihood of nominations not wins.)

Album Of the Year

Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish
    Sour-Olivia Rodrigo
    Love For Sale-Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
    Evermore-Taylor Swift
    Star-Crossed-Kacey Musgraves
    Montero-Lil Nas X
    Medicine At Midnight-Foo Fighters
    Back Of My Mind-H.E.R.

Alternates: Starting Over-Chris Stapleton, Justice-Justin Bieber, Jamie (reimagined)-Brittany Howard

Record Of the Year

“Leave The Door Open”-Silk Sonic
    “Happier Than Ever”-Billie Eilish
    “Good 4 U”-Olivia Rodrigo
    “Bad Habits”-Ed Sheeran
    “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”-Lil Nas X
    “Kiss Me More”-Doja Cat ft. SZA
    “I Get A Kick Out Of You”-Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
    “Right On Time”-Brandi Carlile

Alternates:  “Damage”-H.E.R., “Levitating”-Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby, “Stay”-The Kid Laroi ft. Justin Bieber

Song Of the Year

“Leave The Door Open”-Silk Sonic
    “Happier Than Ever”-Billie Eilish
    “drivers license”-Olivia Rodrigo
    “Bad Habits”-Ed Sheeran
    “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”-Lil Nas X
    “Kiss Me More”-Doja Cat ft. SZA
    “Damage”-H.E.R.
    “Right On Time”-Brandi Carlile

Alternates: “Stay”-The Kid Laroi ft. Justin Bieber, “Willow”-Taylor Swift, “Justified”-Kacey Musgraves

Best New Artist

Olivia Rodrigo
    (Morgan Wallen, if he’s eligible)
    The Kid Laroi
    Måneskin
    Clairo
    Snoh Aalegra
    Polo G
    Arlo Parks
    (Saweetie, if Morgan is not eligible)

Alternates: Gabby Barrett, Ava Max, Celeste

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    Fernando Coelho
    Topics:

so guys, L4S is amazing. Gaga´s vocals are just another level, especially in “Do I love you”. It has a good score and its been acclaimed. But if you guys told me that without the committee mainstream albums are going to dominate the noms, how it that supposed to win?

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

so guys, L4S is amazing. Gaga´s vocals are just another level, especially in “Do I love you”. It has a good score and its been acclaimed. But if you guys told me that without the committee mainstream albums are going to dominate the noms, how it that supposed to win?

The lack of committee can help both mainstream albums and veterans/respected artists. See tony getting a random pop duo nom in 2019 and win in 2012 (granted that one was with amy winehouse post her death). He has a solid run in the pop field that doesnt have panels, so voters like him enough. Also in recent years theyve been very fond of Gaga as well. Add the fact it’s his last album ever, his health condition, there are a lot of specials coming up and the success of their partnership.
    I don’t think they’re winning or even a lock for a nom tho. But theres evidence they have enough to get in.

Keep in mind this doesn’t happen only to Tony tho, we can even say Beck became a veteran namecheck as well. But Tony is the strongest example due to the length and consistency of his career that is recognized by his peers.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Cuz on this forum a lot of people just talk outa their asses, I don’t think the lack of a commitee will change anything  the same names will get their nods as always with a few snubs here and there.

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

October predictions (ordered for likelihood of nominations not wins.) Album Of the Year Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish Sour-Olivia Rodrigo Love For Sale-Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Evermore-Taylor Swift Star-Crossed-Kacey Musgraves Montero-Lil Nas X Medicine At Midnight-Foo Fighters Back Of My Mind-H.E.R. Alternates: Starting Over-Chris Stapleton, Justice-Justin Bieber, Jamie (reimagined)-Brittany Howard Record Of the Year “Leave The Door Open”-Silk Sonic “Happier Than Ever”-Billie Eilish “Good 4 U”-Olivia Rodrigo “Bad Habits”-Ed Sheeran “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”-Lil Nas X “Kiss Me More”-Doja Cat ft. SZA “I Get A Kick Out Of You”-Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga “Right On Time”-Brandi Carlile Alternates: “Damage”-H.E.R., “Levitating”-Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby, “Stay”-The Kid Laroi ft. Justin Bieber Song Of the Year “Leave The Door Open”-Silk Sonic “Happier Than Ever”-Billie Eilish “drivers license”-Olivia Rodrigo “Bad Habits”-Ed Sheeran “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”-Lil Nas X “Kiss Me More”-Doja Cat ft. SZA “Damage”-H.E.R. “Right On Time”-Brandi Carlile Alternates: “Stay”-The Kid Laroi ft. Justin Bieber, “Willow”-Taylor Swift, “Justified”-Kacey Musgraves Best New Artist Olivia Rodrigo (Morgan Wallen, if he’s eligible) The Kid Laroi Måneskin Clairo Snoh Aalegra Polo G Arlo Parks (Saweetie, if Morgan is not eligible) Alternates: Gabby Barrett, Ava Max, Celeste

I don’t see hte or sour winning solely cuz I think the votes will split between the two

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

I just don’t think L4S is gonna get any GF love, but I could eat my words up come november

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.