Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,029 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
naveand24
Darren
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Just put together some possible nominees for the Global Music categories

Best Global Music Performance

• “Essence” — WizKid (feat. Tems)
    • “Do Yourself” — Angelica Kidjo (feat. Burna Boy)
    • “Pepas” — Farruko
    • “Jowo” — DaVido
    • “Sans moi” — Franglish & Aya Nakamura
    • “Fever” — Dua Lipa & Angèle
    • “Somebody’s Son” — Tiwa Savage (feat. Brandy)
    • “ZITTI E BUONI” — Måneskin

Best Global Music Album

• Made In Lagos — WizKid
    • Batidão Tropical — Pabllo Vittar
    • Teatro d’ira Vol. 1 — Måneskin
    • Hey U X — BENEE
    • Mother Nature — Angélique Kidjo
    • Vibe — Franglish

What is dua lipa doing on this list? I’m–

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

I should have went with “what in the dua lipa–”

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I keep seeing posts with statements essentially saying “I heard that this unreliable source on Twitter heard from other unreliable sources that a potentially reliable source said that Beyoncé may or may not release by the end of the eligibility period”. Stop reaching please lol. If she comes she comes, but these sources are not the way to go.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I feel like the only way BTS will ever win a Grammy is if they may a separate K-Pop field/category. Global Music would be a scam, and Butter winning in pop would be laughable.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

What is dua lipa doing on this list? I’m–

Added her because of Angèle but “Fever” isn’t on my final prediction.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

To all my fellow Broadway lovers, who are the frontrunners for Best Musical Theater Album? Normally the Tonys can be kind of an indicator but because of the delay of the Tonys all of the nominated shows are ineligible or they have already been nominated or won. If Diana is eligible I think that’s the frontrunner but I don’t know that it is.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Added her because of Angèle but “Fever” isn’t on my final prediction.

But…but…but…the song is 90% english.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

But…but…but…the song is 90% english.

You’re right. It was my first shot at this category.. at least cut me some slack 😭

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

To all my fellow Broadway lovers, who are the frontrunners for Best Musical Theater Album? Normally the Tonys can be kind of an indicator but because of the delay of the Tonys all of the nominated shows are ineligible or they have already been nominated or won. If Diana is eligible I think that’s the frontrunner but I don’t know that it is.

I genuinely believe they won’t have enough submissions this year so this won’t be a category for this season at least.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I genuinely believe they won’t have enough submissions this year so this won’t be a category for this season at least.

That would break my heart but I would rather it skip a year than it have a winner that is undeserved.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

You’re right. It was my first shot at this category.. at least cut me some slack 😭

LOL it’s fine. PS your fav looked HOT today.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I love Kacey Musgraves, but Chris Stapleton deserves to win Country Album this time around. Starting Over was that album, and one of the best country albums in the past 10 years

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Zetta
    Topics:

I feel like the only way BTS will ever win a Grammy is if they may a separate K-Pop field/category. Global Music would be a scam, and Butter winning in pop would be laughable.

NO, and I honestly don’t think the RA would be stupid enough to do such a thing. No more categories established strictly for separation of artists due to race & ethnicity. BTS is a pop band. Korean Pop Music is pop music. Other awards entities who have done this by establishing a K-POP category are telling more about their own values & agenda than anything about the music.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

NO, and I honestly don’t think the RA would be stupid enough to do such a thing. No more categories established strictly for separation of artists due to race & ethnicity. BTS is a pop band. Korean Pop Music is pop music. Other awards entities who have done this by establishing a K-POP category are telling more about their own values & agenda than anything about the music.

They are stupid enough to do it & if it happens watch a group like AKB48 be nominated. For those who know that group, I hope you appreciate the irony.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The Weeknd didn’t take a risk by going pop. After Hours was submitted in R&B and moved to pop. The same may happen to Kacey.

Even if he had intentionally submitted in pop, that still wouldn’t have been a big risk considering he’s arguably the biggest name in pop music today. He just got colossally snubbed.

Yes that may be true. However, we know that if he went R&B he would’ve most likely been nominated just like previous years. I think pop voters were probably not expecting him in Pop. And it didn’t help that his name was at the bottom of the list, even less noticeable. Starboy was kinda pop too and yet it was competing in R&B at the time.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.