Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Y’all need to stop with this whole Ariana Grande in R&B categories thing … it’s not happening. She is a Pop artist influenced by R&B music, NOT an R&B artist. I understand she has an amazing voice and fanatic stans that want to see her nominated in every category possible, but the committees that oversee the submission process will not let a white Pop artist compete in R&B and take away a potential nomination from a black and TRUE R&B artist. Even if she were to submit to R&B, the committees would not allow her to compete there. The only times that the Grammys have allowed a white person to compete in the R&B Field is if they are featured in a collaboration with a R&B artist or have co-written an R&B Song.

Majority eloquent and accurate, but pointing out her race was unneeded. There can be artists all of races that do R&B. There is definitely an argument that could be made that Ariana getting in would take a spot from a true R&B artist, but being black isn’t the qualification of being a true R&B artist.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Also speaking of R&B, is it just me or can Giveon highkey pull off an upset in R&B perf? “Damage” is probably the frontrunner right now (assuming LTDO goes traditional) but “Heartbreak Anniversary” is pure bait.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

As much as I like Taylor Swift, I think she should go easy with the signed CDs/Vinyls things in the future. She risks not being taken seriously anymore when it comes to sales/charts, in a way similar to BTS, as the success may feel less and less organic. She should keep such strategies for actual proper album releases. She is very much capable of securing the #1 for her new material without all the gimmicks. So all of these extras are doing nothing but hurting her. Even the Billboard tweet I saw today, they sort of emphasized that it was propeled by the signed CDs and Vinyls.

Not taken seriously by whom exactly ??stan Twitter or the peole on this forum? I’ve already said that yall spend way too much time on stan twitter

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

“Heartbreak Anniversary” wouldn’t be an upset. It was a bigger hit than “Damage.”

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

If Ariana is submitting something to R&B then it should be “my hair”. but i don’t see it getting nominated.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Also speaking of R&B, is it just me or can Giveon highkey pull off an upset in R&B perf? “Damage” is probably the frontrunner right now (assuming LTDO goes traditional) but “Heartbreak Anniversary” is pure bait.

Giveon and Heartbreak Anniversary can pull off an upset in R&B Performance.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

They literally have already.

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Regardless, Ariana’s always boring with submissions and never sends album tracks anywhere (“Blazed” could have been an easy pop duo nomination for her but alas) so I highly doubt she submits to R&B this year.

Love how you chose to quote only a portion of what I said and not the part where I stated: “The only times that the Grammys have allowed a white person to compete in the R&B Field is if they are featured in a collaboration with a R&B artist or have co-written an R&B Song.”

You literally proved my point correct by showing that her submission was for Victoria Monet’s song and not her own.

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

Hey, as I watch Cold Heart PNAU remix climbing in popularity both in the UK and on the Hot 100 I wonder if it would gain enough attention to fill in for Levitating at least on ROTY and SOTY.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Well, JT won Best R&b song with Pusher love girl in his first nomination there. That’s probably the road Grande will have to go to have a chance in r&b: a long-ass old school song with literally 0 mainstream poppy appeal. She has nothing like that on her career I think  (definitely not on Positions).

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Well, JT won Best R&b song with Pusher love girl in his first nomination there. That’s probably the road Grande will have to go to have a chance in r&b: a long-ass old school song with literally 0 mainstream poppy appeal. She has nothing like that on her career I think (definitely not on Positions).

That wasn’t Justin’s first R&B song though. He’s been making R&B music before Pusher Love Girl and got urban airplay.

Profile picture
    Dylan George
    Topics:

I always include 6 nominees for the pop field because sometimes they have 5, sometimes 6. Havana (Live) was nomintated a few years ago and Hey Soul Sister (Live) won. Why couldn’t Levitating (Live) also happen? A live version wasn’t included on the album.

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

I always include 6 nominees for the pop field because sometimes they have 5, sometimes 6. Havana (Live) was nomintated a few years ago and Hey Soul Sister (Live) won. Why couldn’t Levitating (Live) also happen? A live version wasn’t included on the album.

There isn’t a live version period

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

An officially released live version of Levitating does NOT exist. Case closed.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Like others said, those live versions were released to digital and streaming services to qualify.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

It could happen if there was one

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.