Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve been through this already. Dua Lipa is submitting “We’re Good” to Best Pop Solo Performance.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I still find it weird Levitating has not went number one. It amazes me as it’s the biggest song of the year.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

I think “Levitating” won’t be submitted because of DaBaby’s controversy. But if it is, it deserves to be nominated. It’s a huge hit & one of Dua’s best songs.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Yeah, I think Dua made it pretty clear after she called out DaBaby. It really went from possible ROTY winner to most likely not submitted.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I still find it weird Levitating has not went number one. It amazes me as it’s the biggest song of the year.

Same, apparently it became the 33rd biggest hit on the Billboard All Time Chart today too surpassing “Despacito”.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I’m starting to think maybe Yola’s Stand For Myself could end up being a shocking nominee in Album Of The Year. Given the percentage of voters that belong in American Roots we should NOT be surprised if an album like hers ends up getting in. The album was produced by previous POTY winner Dan Auerbach and Yola is also a 4x nominee, including for BNA. And let’s not forget that we’ve seen already 2 American Roots albums nominated in the past 3 years: By The Way, I Forgive You in 2018 and Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition) in 2020.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’m starting to think maybe Yola’s Stand For Myself could end up being a shocking nominee in Album Of The Year. Given the percentage of voters that belong in American Roots we should NOT be surprised if an album like hers ends up getting in. The album was produced by previous POTY winner Dan Auerbach and Yola is also a 4x nominee, including for BNA. And let’s not forget that we’ve seen already 2 American Roots albums nominated in the past 3 years: By The Way, I Forgive You in 2018 and Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition) in 2020.

I fear that Yola will be hurt by the fact that she’s not well-known and that her name is way down on the list of contenders. She would need strong supporters that will sort out those lists. Brandi Carlile and Black Pumas were very high on their respective lists. I don’t think people realize that this straight vote thing will only have voters vote mostly for entries they see first on the lists.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Yeah, I think Dua made it pretty clear after she called out DaBaby. It really went from possible ROTY winner to most likely not submitted.

Profile picture
    isacgraca
    Topics:

I also was shocked and pissed at Esperanza’s Spalding BNA win some years ago… but damn, her 2021 album is pure jazz glory. Now i get it

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Cold Heart will be submitted in Pop Duo and all song categories, it is rising on Hot 100 every week and it is a hit on HAC radio format. When are we getting the billboard magazine with the FYC material ?

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Cold Heart will be submitted in Pop Duo and all song categories, it is rising on Hot 100 every week and it is a hit on HAC radio format. When are we getting the billboard magazine with the FYC material ?

October 23

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

It’s not up to her though, I’m positive that her label sent the song for consideration.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Same, apparently it became the 33rd biggest hit on the Billboard All Time Chart today too surpassing “Despacito”.

Will Billboard have a Faith-Hill-type situation as with what happened in the year 2000 where the biggest hit didn’t hit #1? I’m here for it.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The top 3 for ROTY for me at the moment are: Good 4 u, Happier Than Ever and Montero. I think the three of them can win. Montero is the fastest song to reach 1B streams this year. But it’s a question whether he manages to improve his standing with the voters this time to be able to win a GF category.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

The top 3 for ROTY for me at the moment are: Good 4 u, Happier Than Ever and Montero. I think the three of them can win. Montero is the fastest song to reach 1B streams this year. But it’s a question whether he manages to improve his standing with the voters this time to be able to win a GF category.

LTDO?

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.