Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, October predictions (this year is so shitty; it was hard as hell to come up with 8 nominees):

RECORD OF THE YEAR
    Cardi B, “Up”
    Doja Cat feat. SZA, “Kiss Me More” (BARF!)
    Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby, “Levitating” (BARF!)
    The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber, “Stay” (BARF!)
    Lil Nas X, “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”
    Polo G, “Rapstar” (BARF!)
    Olivia Rodrigo, “Drivers License” (BARF!)
    Silk Sonic, “Leave the Door Open” (BARF!)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    Drake, Certified Lover Boy
    Billie Eilish, Happier Than Ever (BARF!)
    Foo Fighters, Medicine at Midnight (BARF!)
    H.E.R., Back of My Mind (BARF!)
    Lil Nas X, Montero
    Olivia Rodrigo, Sour (BARF!)
    Chris Stapleton, Starting Over (BARF!)
    Jazmine Sullivan, Heaux Tales

SONG OF THE YEAR
    “Cold as You” (BARF!)
    Luke Combs, Shane Minor, Randy Montana & Jonathan Singleton, songwriters (Luke Combs)

“Drivers License” (BARF!)
    Dan Nigro & Olivia Rodrigo, songwriters (Olivia Rodrigo)

“Fight for You”
    Tiara Thomas & Gabriella Wilson, songwriters (H.E.R.)

“Heartbreak Anniversary”
    Maneesh Bidaye, Giveon Evans, Sevn Thomas & Varren Wade, songwriters (Giveon)

“Leave the Door Open” (BARF!)
    Brandon Anderson, Christopher Brody Brown, Bruno Mars & Dernst Emile II, songwriters (Silk Sonic)

“Up”
    Matthew Allen, Belcalis Almanzar, Joshua Baker, Edis Selmani, James Steed & Jorden Thorpe, songwriters (Cardi B)

“Willow” (BARF!)
    Aaron Dessner & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)

“Your Power” (BARF!)
    Billie Eilish & Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish)

BEST NEW ARTIST
    Gabby Barrett (BARF!)
    Celeste
    The Kid Laroi (BARF!)
    Måneskin (BARF!)
    Arlo Parks
    Polo G
    Olivia Rodrigo (BARF!)
    Saweetie

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

I can see star-crossed only with a nomination for AOTY (like Coldplay last year)

It won’t be nominated for Pop album

Profile picture
    Kadu335
    Topics:

I wonder if they’ll allow her Country Solo Perf. and Country Song entries

This Rolling Stone article states that “Camera Roll” was ruled eligible for Best Country Song. She must have submitted different songs for Song and Performance like she did with Golden Hour (I guess Justified was the other song and was probably moved to pop?)

Kacey Musgraves’ ‘Star-Crossed’ Excluded From Grammys Country Album Category

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Yola is competing with a full album out while Brandi is doing so only with 1 song, so that does help Yola a bit. I wonder how much of a threat this 3rd rerelease (lol) of the Black Pumas album will be though.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

She’s been blacklisted in Nashville for years. The big names in yeehaw show business are threatened by her. If they could guarantee that Chris Stapleton or a generic airplay-driven artist that fits their status quo would beat her, they’d let her submit in Country and be nominated as filler.

Kacey has been beloved by the country industry for years. She’s won big awards (Album of the Year, Song of the Year) at the ACMs, CMAs, and other industry-voted shows, not to mention the Golden Hour sweep.

Her problem is that she’s never been relatable to the country audience. Her old sound was too traditional and not in step with the modern country format, while her lyrics alluded to topics that audience considers taboo (drug use, homosexuality). And then with Golden Hour and especially Star-Crossed she moved in a far more pop direction.

It doesn’t help that country audiences don’t typically welcome women with open arms, but Kacey has done more to make her very polarizing with that audience. It’s not an industry thing, and Star-Crossed – which critics pointed out was a pop album – being rejected from a genre it doesn’t belong in is not proof of her being blackballed.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

ALBUM:

Billie Eilish • Happier than Ever
    Foo Fighters • Medicine at Midnight
    Brittany Howard • Jaime: Reimagined
    H.E.R • Back of My Mind
    Kacey Musgraves • Star-Crossed
    Olivia Rodrigo • Sour
    Tyler, the Creator • Call Me If You Get Lost
    Chris Stapleton • Starting Over

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

This Rolling Stone article states that “Camera Roll” was ruled eligible for Best Country Song. She must have submitted different songs for Song and Performance like she did with Golden Hour (I guess Justified was the other song and was probably moved to pop?)

What a curious year it’s been to find out submission

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

How many times are Black Pumas going to submit the same damn album over and over again

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Camera Roll? what a random choice to submit

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Camera Roll being her Country song submission?? Well, here’s to hoping that she also submitted justified as well – unless that was moved to Pop solo

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Is Fearless (TV) eligible for Country album?

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Camera Roll? what a random choice to submit

Didn’t she perform it on SNL? It’s also one of the best songs on the album, if not the best.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Is Fearless (TV) eligible for Country album?

Taylor didn’t submit it because she’s not re-recording her albums to win awards.

She might however attempt to get Country nominations with songs off evermore.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Camera Roll being her Country song submission?? Well, here’s to hoping that she also submitted justified as well – unless that was moved to Pop solo

They didn’t mention it so I think it did get moved to pop

Didn’t she perform it on SNL? It’s also one of the best songs on the album, if not the best.

Yeah she did it for SNL

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I feel like the decision could have gone 50/50 on Kacey Musgraves album. It is technically both a Country album and a Pop one, so I understand the decision.

This decision I think solidified Kacey’s nomination in Album of the Year… so at least something positive came out of it.

“Camera Roll” is a gorgeous, sad country ballad about her divorce and I hope it does score noms in Country Performance & Song. The SNL exposure should help.

I do also think she is a threat for a Pop Vocal Album nomination. She’s a previous Album of the Year winner, so voters in all genres know who she is and clearly like her.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.