Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Pitchfork confirmed that star-crossed will be eligible for BPVA so this kind of news will give more exposure that the album will be competed in pop field. At least we don’t expect same excuse like After Hours which lazy voters didn’t aware of the album in the list (assuming the excuse legit lol)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Inbefore her country fans flood that category to vote for her. I have a feeling November 23rd is going to be a very messy day.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Inbefore her country fans flood that category to vote for her. I have a feeling November 23rd is going to be a very messy day.

well this year they’re starting to further limit the amount of categories a voter could vote in so I don’t think such a migration would happen

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

How many times are Black Pumas going to submit the same damn album over and over again

What happened?

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

What happened?

They released the Extended Deluxe Edition of their debut self titled album this year, and were nominated for AOTY for the deluxe edition this previous year, after having released the original in 2019. I believe they submitted this 3rd iteration of the album for the upcoming ceremony

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

um hello @lipabridgertwigs?! 😅

congrats again. you’re on a roll.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

They released the Extended Deluxe Edition of their debut self titled album this year, and were nominated for AOTY for the deluxe edition this previous year, after having released the original in 2019. I believe they submitted this 3rd iteration of the album for the upcoming ceremony

now what in the heck…

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

wouldn’t the extended deluxe not be eligible though? over 50% of it is not new material i’m pretty sure

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Doesn’t matter. With the panels gone they will now have 0% chance of scoring noms, at least in the General Field, but probably across the board as well.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

Positions won’t be nommed in either ROTY or AOTY. Thank U Next and 7 rings were much more acclaimed, and the story behind the album meant more than Positions. Positions will be a major contender in pop field tho.

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

Now that star-crossed will be submitted as a Pop album, I’m reconsidering my AOTY predictions. Here’s what I have:

Back of My Mind — H.E.R.
    Happier Than Ever — Billie Eilish
    SOUR — Olivia Rodrigo
    Love For Sale — Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
    star-crossed — Kacey Musgraves
    Medicine at Midnight — Foo Fighters
    evermore — Taylor Swift
    MONTERO — Lil Nas X

6/8 will be submitted to the pop field which I think is too much. Considering replacing MONTERO and star-crossed with Starting Over and Certified Lover Boy  but I’m not sure.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Doesn’t matter. With the panels gone they will now have 0% chance of scoring noms, at least in the General Field, but probably across the board as well.

Yeah that’s why I’m hoping Yola can get 2 or 3 American Roots field noms without the thread of BP and Brandi

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Chris Stapleton right now:

You say that as if she was a threat to begin with.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

You say that as if she was a threat to begin with.

If they weren’t threatened by Kacey, they would let her submit in Country as filler. She was the only artist who could challenge Chris Stapleton.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I don’t think so. They still had to make the top 20 for BNA, ROTY, and AOTY (and one can assume they did so for SOTY as well), which is very impressive. Not to mention their fame has grown way bigger ever since the Grammys + the Biden concert. Black Pumas might not show up in the GF as often, but they’ll definitely keep getting genre noms here and there.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.